USDT

>Not tradinng everything into USDT when an obvious hard crash is incoming

user....

Would you just be losing usd instead of btc? Why would this be a safe haven?

same, placed a good chunk of coins in UDST 3 days ago and more yesterday after the rebound. Now debating when to trade back, but at least not buying high selling low like many here =p

The idea is that the coins volume is manipulated so each coin is always worth a dollar within a few cents. I think it works in a bull market, but highly doubt it will be able to hold value in a bear market - and no, a dip is not a bear market - it's a dip.

Why usdt when you can just hold usd on an exchange????

and eat 1.5% transaction fees each time you sell/buy? Nah.

Why would you trade BTC for a token that is essentially valueless and not convertible to par with the USD when a crash occurs?

To buy btc with it at the bottom

You think USDT won't trade at a premium to USD when a crash occurs?

Are you actually retarded?

Gdax is the only exchange which as 0% taker fees. Polo is .15%, Bittrex is higher than Polo, etc. As much as I fucking hate Coinbase, they're the only exchange with 0% fees.

0% to bank transfer money into USD wallet, 0% to transfer that money to Gdax, 0% to buy with limit order on Gdax. Why the fuck would you not do that?

USDT costs $1.03 right now - that's a 3% transaction fee.

If you plan on entering anytime around this crash/dip you will make that fee back plus more.

>0% taker fees

Are you actually retarded? It's a 0.25% taker fee on gdax.

>Coinbase, they're the only exchange with 0% fees.
what are smoking? there's fees for both buying and cashing out, and who the fuck uses Gdax?

sure, but that's not the point. trying reading the post I responded to.

Sorry, mean to say discount.

When the market is shaken and people head for the exits, USDT is going to plunge in value relative to USD.

Why do you think Polo disbanded USD pairs altogether?

It's to stave off their insolvency and unload withdrawals to fiat to others.

Mt. Polo WILL crash this market, and I mean a legit crash, not this crap.

There's no fees for buying or cashing out.

If you're buying from Coinbase directly, then FUCKING LOL. It's like a trap they set for newfags. They own Gdax, so transfers to Gdax are instant. And you can transfer USD in and out of Gdax and that's how you buy and sell coins. Anyone using market orders on Gdax or buyign directly with Coinbase is as dumb as they come. Takes 20 fucking seconds max to avoid the fee with a limit order instead.
0.25% taker fee. 0% maker fee you FUCKING MORON.

Yeah and your still wrong. You don't eat the fee when you sell, you get it back. After it crashed to 1500 usdt went up to 1.07 from 1.02. So you made even more if you held usdt.

Read your own post you fucking retard.

ey I meant to say "maker" then the first time.

Whatever, the risk of your limit not being fulfilled if you put it within the spread is worth it anyway.

I just can't believe anybody still directly buys and sells through Coinbase...unless they're using their credit card and need the money right that second I guess. But then Gemini would still be better with lower fees.

I do it because I"m fucking lazy. They're getting $104 fucking dollars from me every month. Currently scripting a bot to buy for me daily instead of continuing to put up with the nonsense.

You'd be lucky if you cancel out the fee let alone actually profit. Why risk it, when you can just guarantee a fixed fee?

Traded a ton of my crypto into USDT when I saw the Lauren Southern video.

You're a moron using a second-rate website Coinbase whose only value was their 0% fees with Gdax instead of using Gemini or Cex.io or anything else which is better but has higher fees. Take the 20 seconds daily and stop throwing away your money.

I have to also account for transferring the money into a USD wallet, which is the bigger issue. I have to front the $700/week instead of get it charged later. I'm basically paying $4/day for a few day loan.

>Tfw 0.18% taker fee on Kraken

Gemini lets me put $500 in per day and begin trading with it instantly. And it resets every day. Why the hell would you not just do that instead?

There's a small fee, sure, but Gemini's prices are actually lower than Gdax so the fee still leaves you with a better deal. Coinbase is also reporting every move you make to the government like an actual bank. Why the hell wouldn't you switch to Gemini?

Coinbase is ONLY useful if you really insist on 0% fees. That's it.

I'll probably just start fronting the $700/week and take the 0% fees and have a script run every day at noon to buy the coins for me. That is basically what I pay CB $3.99 for right now - the convenience of that.

FDIC insured, means a lot.

Cause I live in a shithole and gdax hates me.

That's actually an excellent point.

But what that tells me is that you should be buying on Gemini, sending the ETH to Gdax, and then selling, again with 0% fees, on Gdax for the FDIC insured USC.

Not buying on Coinbase. Ever. (Unless you really, really need that 0% buying fee because you're jewey and have an extra 9 days to sit around waiting for it)

If USDT is really backed by a reserve, there should be no reason for fluctuation. Exchanges aren't treating it as it should be treated. Seems like a scam to be honest family

im canadian though

Not a scam, you're just out of the loop.

i have btc on coinbase from 4 years ago. so you're telling me to use the money from the coinbase account for the gdax trading platform I just need to create a limit buy order?

I need to confirm my identity, but is it really just like that? or do I need to transfer btc to gdax and then incur a fee? (fuck that)

You need to transfer BTC to Gdax. There is no fee for that, at all. Why would you think there's a fee?

there's not even a transaction fee, since it's the same company. It literally happens instantly, internally inside of Coinbase. Gdax is a part of Coinbase. Are you really saying you don't know this?

No there's no fee....yes you simply transfer it to gdax from coinbase..takes 5 seconds at most.

I'm old now, got fucked hard at this game from gox and the ddos's where you couldnt sell and watched as the coin became valueless and sold all my btc in '14. I've just picked this back up