Investment Platforms

I know you guys only really care about crypto but can we have a discussion about "old school" investing? Specifically about what platforms/services are best for someone who's trying to get his feet wet.
I just want my money doing more than sitting in a bank depreciating.

What investment platforms or services do you use for your cash?
What do you like about them?

DO NOT INVEST IN INDEX FUNDS

EVERY FUCKING NORMIE DOES THIS AND IT IS GOING TO CRASH THE STOCK MARKET

VFIAX 60%
VFORX 10%
VTIVX 20%
VFIFX10%

65k invested and it grows pretty fast

>t. retard

THIS

INVEST IN CRYPTO CURRENCY AND RANDOM COMMON STOCK

YOU CANT LOSE!

/g/ here I was thinking about making a platform for futures/commodities, forex, etc that works naively on other operating systems than Windows. Would anybody be interested?

see

been riding the spy since 2010. Getting a big dividend check on friday. Feels good.

No VTSMX or VFINX?

>target retirement 20XX
>automatic contributions every paycheck
>forget about it for 40 years

Use vanguard for long term and only buy their ETFs (no fees) and use Robinhood for the short term

I recently put 10k in VTSAX

Do this the Fed has a huge balance sheet and will do whatever it takes to not let it tank. I also like to speculate in crypto and pm but there is a high risk/high reward dynamic in that.

This sounds nice. Is it similar to Meta Trader 4?

Yes I guess it would be like the GIMP to MT4's photoshop, Libreoffice to MS' Office, etc. But no, MT4 is shit.

Awhile ago I posted a screnshot of a prototype I was working on one part is a Python web scraper that scrapes data from a forex broker's site and then the other part is in C++ and loads GBPUSD data from a csv file and renders it with OpenGL. Somebody posted back this edited version.

Vanguard is cheap and their website allows for easy buying monthly or whatever. Not sure what else you'd care about.

Thanks for the link, I spent an hour reading MMM and I already feel excited about living in a shack and eating exclusively rice and beans.

Actually though it's good to see that Vanguard is so highly recommended (by MMM and anons ITT). I'll look into opening an account with them in the next week.

All platforms are good except robin hood

Use a discount broker for cheapest transaction fees
Td Ameritrade
Scottrade
If you have bank of America, merrill edge is ok

Look up stocks to invest in using yahoo finance with high analyst recommendations

Fuck, this shit is for normies. Anyways, put your tendies in something that has greater than 7% growth 10 year average with low fees, and then your tendies double every decade *yawn*.

70% VTI
30% VXUS
here

>tendies
autism.png

kys user

Company I work for doesn't offer that.
Nice

JP Morgan turned my 35k into 36k in 2 months. Not much return, but better than in the red.

Yeah, sure, retard. Finance bro here. Everyone knows this. What happens when everyone wants to cash out due to crash? Forced mass selling of every equity in the etf exacerbating the crash. Enjoy your liquidity risk.
Soon
O
O
N

Im 27

75% total US stock market

25% total US bond market

Should I put more in stocks? or keep some in bonds?

long hold at 25+ years

>27
>hold 25+ years
>any% bonds

bonds are generally an awful investment if you're holding long

Would you recommend dumping it all and putting in into total US stocks or diversify into international stocks? Emerging markets?

Why the bonds dude? You're young, you want growth.

put it all into crypto. stocks is grandpa shit.

Please keep all general investment advice coming.

Thank-you for pointing to this.

I'm older than I'd like to admit, freelancing, with no retirement, and I need to start investing yesterday. I have an ETrade account with stocks currently, should I switch to something else?

Younger means more risk tolerance

Both of those would be good

put it all in MGM, wait for 4q2017. vegas hockey starts up in a couple months

married, is there any reason to be investing separately of each other in 2 different broker accounts, or, is there any benefit in general in having separate accounts?

>be nice, I'm not from here

So that he can rebalance on the drawdown.

Jesus christ that webm...is that your wife?

I'm married too. The tax breaks are the major benefit I guess. If you're able to generate returns you may as well invest together.