Core vs Bitmain

Can someone explain the difference between the two sides?

I'm having a difficult time understanding each side, and both subreddits are filled with propaganda and retarded. Can anyone offer an unbiased view?

From what little I've read, Core seems to support higher fees for a transaction? Their followers all seem to look to bitcoin as a store of value, but this is supposed to be an actual currency, no? How the fuck can you use it as a currency with high fees? I keep reading people saying they're fine with high fees in return for security, but that seems fucking stupid.

Meanwhile, on the Bitmain side, they seem like fucking retards. Like, what the fuck are those twitter posts?? Also there's the asicboost patent thing, so they also seem like greedy kikes.

As for their 'leaders', Roger ver also seems like a TREMENDOUS faggot and seems fake as fuck. Jihan seems to be lashing out at everything on twitter too, is he 12?

Now yes I am too stupid to read the papers, I have no technical experience and this is mainly shit I've picked up by reading twitter and some subs. What the fuck is going on?

some clarification, I don't mean that I think Core actively wants fees to be higher and higher, I mean they don't care about the high fees.

Which seems ridiculous to me, because again, fundamentally, isn't this shit supposed to be a currency?

aside from that, I'm not really sure what segwit does - like just skimming, faster transactions from the lightning network, and lower fees?

I think the main thing for segwit was that it tries to solve the scaling problems of bitcoin's massive userbase?

But it looks like it only increases block size from 1mb to 4mb max, isn't that a little odd? What do they do when 4mb is full? That's only 4x from here and bitcoin still isn't mainstream

are there ways to still increase the blocksizes after segwit?

as for my knowledge of Bitcoin unlimited, seems like they want unlimited block sizes, pretty straight forward

I'm leaning a bit to this side because it seems kinda future proof, though it lacks the lightning network, but then again, roger ver and jihan are just...

anyone want to chime in?

and of course both sides just seem like they want the money

BU lets the miners keep the transactions on the blockchain so they can keep using ASICBoost, which lets them mine 20% faster right?

meanwhile segwit takes it off the block chain (along with the fees so the core devs can get paid $$$?)

Jihan Ver is a greedy jewsian who wants asicboost because he's heavily invested in ASICs. He doesn't care about the health of bitcoin, just his profits

The other side is right.

I get the asicboost greed thing, but what about the 4mb blocksize hard cap?

wait will it not even matter if the blocks are full if the transactions are all off chain with segwit? what about the faggot fees then? does segwit lower them??

Bitcoin core got bought out by the globalist and are trying to turn it into a central bank.

Bitcoin classic, then later Bitcoin unlimited is following the original vision of Satoshi and they will allow for larger blocks, aka transactions per second.

It all depends on your ideological view but it doesn't matter, the chains will split and you can go with the one you think is better.

IMO Bitcoin unlimited is less of a shit show than Bitcoin core, core has the worst trolls and censorship.

From what I know, jihan ver wants high block sizes because it aids his communication with the network since he's behind the great firewall of china, but this pushes out small-time miners apparently so /r/bitcoin doesn't want it (they are core I believe?)

yeah r/bitcoin is core, r/btc is BU supporters

The UASF hats bring Trump flashbacks and their subreddit seems hysterical, while the r/btc sub seems more...well thought out? posts there seem like they know what they're talking about I guess, while r/bitcoin is just lol

still can't get over how retarded jihan and roger seem though. Like if they were just reasonable people on twitter/social media, although this might be a retarded reason to support their side or not

i need a better understanding of segwit I guess, there seems to be a lot of hype around it despite the 4mb hardcap. if the river makes noise it's probably carrying water and all that

Either way, bitcoin is done for.

Invest in ETH and litecoin.

>well thought out? posts there seem like they know what they're talking about I guess, while r/bitcoin is just lol
This just tells me you are one of the people that knows nothing about Bitcoin

>the r/btc sub seems more...well thought out? posts there seem like they know what they're talking about I guess, while r/bitcoin is just lol

That's because /r/btc has a jocular, casual tone with shitposting and insults in traditional Veeky Forums style so you trust them more, whereas /r/bitcoin is more serious and trolls are banned more often.

You're biased based on tone alone, never go based on that.

No, no no no. /r/bitcoin had a post today literally saying that "trust is the most important part of any financial system" or some shit and calling for supporters to rally behind bitcoin like it was an election or the super bowl or some stupid shit.

those dudes are a few tacos short of having a fully functional brain.

Linkts or gtfo

BU is dead. segwit is the way to go.

I don't know. I hate both subs but he has a point. r/bitcoin is the bitcoin equivalent to r/adviceanimals

It's just memes and sensationalism. It's literally nothing else.

BU guys don't even have functioning code. Segwit's already running on ltc just fine.

Let's see shall we... should I trust the genius developers who actually understand and wrote the software... or a bunch of miners and business people with marketing degrees from Fag State College...

I guess I'll go with the people that aren't fucking retarded normies.

If that's what you know, then you are retarded, even greasy Core neckbeards would disagree with that.

Also if you think Jihan/Ver are retarded enough to single out then you have some pretty huge blinkers on to ignore the prominent trolls on Core side

In summary, the sooner Bitcoin splits via uasf or whatever then the better

no shit, did you read my thread?

and I obviously don't mean all the posts, I mean the ones with actual bearing to the scaling solution

on r/bitcoin it's just ???? all the time

and these were just my impressions on each subreddit, I'm not basing which fork I buy later based on them.

Insults are mainly what are turning me off on jihan and ver's twitter, they seem juvenile as shit

what's the connection between jihan and the luke guy? Isn't luke a core dev? Is jihan paying him to code his side of the fork or some shit?

if thats the case my very little confidence in BU just dropped like a rock lmao

both sides are compromised

basically btc had to die for our sins. it's the first pirate bay and now we need to splinter into 100 different proxies and pick up the pieces. (((they))) put all their effort into taking down btc, thinking it would stop the revolution, but we just need to keep moving forward.

>BU guys don't even have functioning code. Segwit's already running on ltc just fine.

So that settles it then? Wonder how coinbase and the like adjust

Is eth controlled opposition? Split btc and dump number two to kill trust in cryptos?

I wonder if ltc will be the sleeper champion of the flippening