What the hell happens?

Why is everyone freaking out about August 1st? What should I do with all my shitcoins? Why? Can someone explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@lukedashjr/bip148-and-the-risks-it-entails-for-you-whether-you-run-a-bip148-node-or-not-b7d2dbe85ce6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BTC forks

Why is it forking? What does a fork mean? Sorry new/

Relax. As we approach that date, we'll tell you what to do.

I can't relax... should I turn my shitcoins into Bitcoin and download them onto a wallet? Im scarreeed KAPPA

Not necessarily, only a small portion of miners and users are planning to fork (Approximately 10%-20%). Their hoping that with this small portion beginning the fork (implementing SEGWIT) that they will gain enough traction to secure 51% and force a fork towards SEGWIT activation.

There's a huge possibility that this attempt will just end in FUD and they will gain no traction effectively achieving nothing. One reason why this will end in FUD is that there is more than enough porcessing power to cancel out their attempt as is.

So we get to live with long confirmation times forever?

People are talking about this day effecting ether as well why is that?

Everyone just read this please
medium.com/@lukedashjr/bip148-and-the-risks-it-entails-for-you-whether-you-run-a-bip148-node-or-not-b7d2dbe85ce6

Make sure every wallet you're dealing with (ESPECIALLY FUCKING EXCHANGES) have PROPERLY implemented bip 148 support as well as legacy. If the chains re-merge, transactions will be LOST.

Sorry but what exchanges use this? Polonix? Bittrex? Are we safe with them?

What is wrong with, who is saying that BTC should be treated like fiat, with instant confirmation times?

Majority are in favor of leaving BTC as is (sort of like a bank bond or gold). There's no reason why it should be opened up for general commerce and sacrificing what De-centralization the network has left.

Personally I'm in favor of SEGWIT, but not increasing block file size limits, as this will increase transaction time and allow some scalability without opening up for general commerce.

Let some other shit coin like LTC take that role.

It's shit like this that make it so that crypo will never become mainstream. Most people can't even figure out how to fucking DOWNLOAD a wallet, let alone that shit

Well when it gets to the point I can fedex a bar of gold by airmail faster than it takes Bitcoin to reach 3 confirmations then it begins losing it's usefulness fast. It doesn't need to be Visa speeds but neither does it need to be at a snail's pace either.

It will become mainstream as the next generation grows up being bombarded with this stuff. People on the 80's laughed at how home computers would never become mainstream.

I feel very uncertain about bitcoins future. The BTC community has been divided for a very long time and I was very happy to jump ship to eth after it proves itself worthwhile.

>t. Jihan

THIS. Also, new companies will come up with faster and better technology. Computers sucked and we're impractical in the 80's. Crypto sucks and is impractical now.

Lucky for me I just came here so I will invest $100 bucks worth and turn that to $600!

people are going to have to sell their btc and buy something else or cash out. there's a lot of people who aren't verified enough to cash out to fiat. you do the math.

>Sorry but what exchanges use this? Polonix? Bittrex? Are we safe with them?

Off the top of my head, Bittrex has confirmed they are ready for implementation.

But just to be 100% sure, google which exchanges are ready. A whole bunch of them have made a collective announcement that they're preparing.

HEADS UP: Coinbase is NOT one of the services that is ready.