S. 1241

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text#toc-idea0e9489fc8f46379f95bb56c8bbbda5

This is a new bill that was introduced on the floor of the US Senate entitled,
“Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017.”

It basically says everything is evil..

1. Cash is Evil
2. Bitcoin/Crypto is Evil
3. Prepaid Phones are Evil
4. Gift Cards/Vouchers/Coupons are Evil

These people are certifiably insane. Among the bill’s sweeping provisions, the government aims to greatly extend its authority to seize your assets through “Civil Asset Forfeiture”.

Civil Asset Forfeiture rules allow the government to take whatever they want from you, without a trial or any due process.

This new bill adds a laundry list of offenses for which they can legally seize your assets… all of which pertain to money laundering and other financial crimes.

Here’s the thing, though: they’ve also vastly expanded on the definition of such ‘financial crimes’, including failure to fill out a form if you happen to be transporting more than $10,000 worth of ‘monetary instruments’.

Have too much cash? You’d better tell the government.

If not, they’re authorizing themselves in this bill to seize not just the money you didn’t report, but ALL of your assets and bank accounts.

They even go so far as to specifically name “safety deposit boxes” among the various assets that they can seize if you don’t fill out the form.

This is unbelievable on so many levels.

It’s crazy to begin with that these people are so consumed by the fact that someone has $10,000 in cash.

But it’s even crazier that they’re threatening to take EVERYTHING that you own merely for not filling out a piece of paper, without any due process whatsoever.

CALL YOUR CONGRESS MEN AND SENATORS TO TELL THEM TO NOT SIGN THIS EMAIL WORKS ASWELL
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text#toc-idea0e9489fc8f46379f95bb56c8bbbda5

WHEN DO WE KILL ALL THESE AUTHORITARIANS
I'm seriously getting pissed off here, how can people vote in people who do this shit? Do the voters seriously not research their candidates? I'm seriously considering moving to some west asian country cause this shit is getting ridiculously out of hand.

They're not even hiding their greed anymore, it's like they set up a trap to steal your shekels.

This proves even more why crypto currencies are need. Come on Ameribros don't let them violate your rights like this!

Those fucking digits jesus. This is an act of fear. Buy and hodl my friends. We will free the world from the clutches of evil.

shill harder, this is why crypto is crashing, normies are getting scared!

This shit will never get passed through the current congress, but how in the FUCK did it come to exist in the first place? THAT's the really concerning thing, the fact that someone thought it was a good idea to draft then present this bill to congress. FUCK them.

any retard can draft up an outlandish bill that will never make it near the desk

it's how they think, at least they are showing the hand
and what do you think would be proposed if all the guns were confiscated?

It doesn't matter if it's in their power to do so, what matters is that the retard got in the position in the first place.

What did you expect with fucking Republicans in power? Think their stance on Net Neutrality was bad? You're in for a huge surprise when they find out about crypto

Fuck, taking in some fucking refugees would have been more profitable to my privacy and gainz now instead of this shit with Trump and co in power

>childless single men who masturbate to anime work 24 7 to get Trump elected despite all odds
>Congress tries to pass a bill to steal all the money away from said childless basement dwellers who masturbate to anime
>Trump is known to reward loyalty and severely punish those who arent

Maybe Trump senpai can help us

Democrats in power won't be any better. They tax the shit out of people.

Do you mean if by some fucking miracle a bill gets passed to ban guns which goes directly against the 2nd amendment? Well first of all the army would declare our government illegitimate. But if that doesn't happen, then it would just force people to not carry guns in public. There is no way for them to regulate all the guns that are in circulation in america. All such a bill would do is make people even less trustful of the government, and could possibly lead to a second civil war.

feinstein is one of the people introducing it, she's a nasty life long democrat
but anyone who thinks this is a good idea is a dinosaur fuck and it better now get passed.
it took 9-11 to get the partriot act passed which is even more fucked up so we'll see what happens this summer :(

>a second civil war

bro they will shut that shit down quicker than you can say "We secede". that's just not a possibility anymore.

Tell me what the US government can actually do against its own population? The us citizens FAR outnumber the government workers, and our population centers are spread out very thin compared to a place like Europe. Guerilla warfare is absolutely possible in a place like america. And if they shut things down that would incite a larger response. That's how the govt would never win in such a scenario.

>could possibly lead to a second civil war
hope so, australia did a mandatory buy back to confiscate their guns
and it really only affects the honest law abiding people
also amendments 4 5 6 and 7 are being degraded
4 is being abused in online and over the phone communication
5 if you have anything encrypted
6/7 was done away with the national defense authorization act

to explain 5, the government finds an encrypted wallet
they can't prove there is anything in there, but we lost our 5th amendment so we either give up the password or go to jail

>posting on biz
>supporting the least capitalistic, least entrepreneurship, least business minded party

Thinking about sending people ETH that actually call congressmen/senators and tell them that they won't vote for them if it gets passed. You'll have to have proof, of course. Maybe I'll do this tomorrow. I'll bribe you autists.

Will china be next on the list? Should we buy and hold Yuan?

Do it

>hehe I'm voting for people who will favor banks
>wtf? Why do they vote laws that favor the banks?

are you trying to say i vote for people who support the banks?

Its both republicans and Dems if you look at the bills sponsors. Dont try to the push this on any one party...

How is this not going to help BTC? As people will quit using banks and third partys that keep records to store their money?

That can only happen when people begin accepting btc as a form of payment. Which will make uncle sam REAL mad, but its not possible for btc to fill that niche, as it's way too slow.