Indian History Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html?zx=22f3307677ce60b7
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_885.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
desuarchive.org/his/thread/966670
desuarchive.org/his/thread/971215
desuarchive.org/his/thread/2298813
youtube.com/watch?v=Lr8Qx0SyrYI&index=3&list=PLkA3jcdbA5kTwKf5gHchrJliKCMTM__7B
youtube.com/watch?v=j0kLX2aPgo8&index=2&list=PLkA3jcdbA5kTwKf5gHchrJliKCMTM__7B
youtube.com/watch?v=dBZRTzXARWM&list=PLkA3jcdbA5kTwKf5gHchrJliKCMTM__7B&index=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hi /pol/

Poo in loo

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html?zx=22f3307677ce60b7
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_885.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html

Did Asoka really convert to Jainism?

Cat can poo in the loo.
Say, Apu, why can't you?
Dog can poo in the loo.
Can you, Apu? Can you?

Monkey, too, can poo in loo.
I say, Apu, why can't you?

Sloth is slow, slow as glue,
Yet even he can poo in loo.

Elephant is big and large,
He needs toilet size of barge.
But he is smart compared to you,
For elephant can poo in loo.

Even Slav who dumb as bricks,
And barely rub together sticks,
When needs to go, what he do?
Unlike you, he poo in loo.

Rat is small and lives on streets,
Feasting on discarded treats,
But when it's time for number two,
Even rat can poo in loo.

Lying Jew who says "Oy vey"
And cheats and steals all the day,
Yet he knows just what to do,
He takes his poo into the loo.

Dirty Frenchman smells so bad,
He thinks that soap is just a fad,
Yet he cries aloud, "Mon Dieu!"
And places poo within the loo.

The time has come for our tale to end
So let's remind our Indian friend,
Unless you're stupid you already knew,
The loo is made for you to poo.

I only remember hearing about his conversion to Buddhism and as far as I'm aware that's the only religion he converted to, after his war with Kalinga

What is the best English translation of the Bhagavad Gita?

this

Yeah. No one is interested in Indian History when you start is by yourself. No one will comment on either the swords or the books. This place is Eurocentric and Judeo-Christian centric; whether by choice or unironically - it doesn't matter.

The faster you accept the fact, easier it would be for you to just let it go.

Was spiked armour ever viable in combat? What did he do, bear hug people to death?

I don't know if that is the same armor, but something very similar was used to kill tigers and bears

statue looks like it's taking a massive relaxing shit on the side of a road

And the only thing I have to say to that is, well and?
Who cares if no one here now's interested, there are plenty of people who have come in threads later that were interested in what they had to say. If anything the very least I did was posts some Indian shit in a thread about India. And opposed to staying mostly on thread topic what should I have been doing /pol/- and shitposting like the anons above?
>This place is Eurocentric and Judeo-Christian centric; whether by choice or unironically - it doesn't matter.
And there have been tons of threads on Veeky Forums about places, things and religions other than Christianity and Europe. Come on now user.

Its not about Hitler or Nazis or some youtube blogger, so what did you expect?

> there are plenty of people who have come in threads later that were interested in what they had to say
The pics are posted by the same users mostly 2 (although I would wager 1 user). How can I tell? Because there isn't any discussion.
My post was a sincere bro-talk to fellow Indians. But I can see that your butthurtism is so deeply spread that you can't help but see even the honest criticism as some attack.

I'm not stopping you from posting anything Indian. I am not stopping you from bringing out Indian culture in the discussion. You are as free to post wherever you like; as I am free to sincerely speak the truth. I simply stated the common sentiment of this board.

>Eurocentric and Judeo-Christian centric
The world "centric" has a meaning. I don't think you understand that. There are many posts about other places because Europeans deem it mystical. Indian-culture is not deemed mystical - other than smoking Ganja. And no, a handful of European tourists or handful of ISKCONians don't count. They are not the academia and without academic interest, there is no interest in the general population. And I doubt that even if Veeky Forums, this place has considerable scholars!

See above. Also, who is expecting anything? When did stating a fact became expectancy?

I presume most of these blades were used in rituals? And if they were, in what rituals were they used?

Barbara Stoller Miller. S. Radhakrishnan has good commentary.

bump

Its used in kali channeling, vellichapadu its called usually a temple will have a guy in red who has the sword and begins dancing and stuff. It could also be a woman though.

I don't have anything to say, but I would like to learn about India.

I think people just don't have a way of talking about India because not a lot of us know enough to get a conversation going. Rather than some anti-Indian bias.

Oh come now, its always hard, nothing is easy, but persistence is always slow in gaining value. I will never stop making threads.

Did the different Indian castes live in their own settlements or was society all together?

So I am gonna post some of my threads
desuarchive.org/his/thread/966670
desuarchive.org/his/thread/971215
desuarchive.org/his/thread/2298813

Its very hard to ascertain, but there was definite pariahs(being a tamil word) that existed in one form or another in many of the settlments, villages and cities. Some villages are almost exclusively a single caste, others are mixed, it essentially depends on the time period, place, cultural sphere and rulers. Nowadays north east and central india has a lot more caste related issues than the rest of the country but caste exclusive villages are non existant.

Found these videos I found neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lr8Qx0SyrYI&index=3&list=PLkA3jcdbA5kTwKf5gHchrJliKCMTM__7B

youtube.com/watch?v=j0kLX2aPgo8&index=2&list=PLkA3jcdbA5kTwKf5gHchrJliKCMTM__7B

youtube.com/watch?v=dBZRTzXARWM&list=PLkA3jcdbA5kTwKf5gHchrJliKCMTM__7B&index=1