Guys

guys.

what kind of jobs should a first generation immigrant expect to get in the US ?

like i'm planning to move to the US alone, so that would make me a first generation immigrant, and i'm a university graduate, majored in Management. from a third world country. what kind of jobs should i expect ?

What color are you?

Better buy some kneepads

indonesian

i don't skateboard

kneepads aren't only for skateboarding

Berry picking, floor cleaning, store stocking if you're lucky.

If you have a USA degree maybe managerial store stocking. If you have an indian degree???

In the USA you can do whatever you want. If you ask others you get to stock the store. That's pretty much how it works.

so what then ?

but i'm not some uneducated thirdworlder with no english fluency. i have a university degree, i majored in Management

okay guys, new question : what if i take master's degrees in america ? but with indonesian bachelor's degree.

what kind of jobs should i expect ? isn't it unfair, i could be as smart and productive as you guys. i'm not some uneducated thirdworlder with bad odor.

management of what you dumbass? if you have connections here you can start pretty quickly as a construction worker or driver. if you don't know anybody, most likely you'll start in food service or retail.

my parents came here during a huge economic boom with me, and they started in fast food and a textile company. my dad was a successful businessman before in the rocket industry and my mom was a teacher with 12 years of experience. the only difference you'll find now is if you work in tech or have started your own online business already. do you already have your green card? expect to get treated like trash for 10+ years.

okay so what about my second question ?

>expect to get treated like trash for 10+ years.
and why is that ?

>i majored in Management

oh, and, just management. no management of anything, just management, that's what the title of the major is. but i took human resource management as my focus for the final thesis

Some companies can pay for a visa or someshit if you're good enough. Look into that.

so no unversity graduate office job for a first gen immigrant yeah ?

define good enough. is it GPA ? fuck, my GPA is so low, like 2.5

honestly, unless you have an impressive degree in a specialty like engineering, tech, etc. you're no different than the hordes of college "educated" millennials already here with useless generic degrees

just buy bitbean

management is NOT like liberal arts. this is Veeky Forums, i thought we're all here management/business students

okay, so, how hard is it to start a new business in america ?

Good enough meaning the company wants to hire you.

At least he's not white.

>At least he's not white.

what does that mean ?

It means you have an advantage over equally qualified white people when applying for jobs and government social programs.

just so you know i support trump and i'm leaning towards the right and i don't support that kind of thing to happen. it would really make me feel bad if i benefit from such wicked thing

>i thought we're all here management/business students

After the recent invasion of /pol/ and /b/, everything you can expect from the broader masses is edgyness, regardless what you studied. Dont worry, it will cool off as soon as enough /pol/tards burned their hands at playing business with cryptos without a plan.

Honest opinion tough:
In HR, it is hard to get into a good position, as this often depends on your social skills and connections more than your actual competences.

Staff controlling might be a good idea, if you are good with numbers and if you have good social skills. Otherwise it might be a better idea to start in a big international company in your home country first to gain experience and then move to the US. With just a bachelor from indonesia and no actual experience, the best you can hope for is an underpaid internship for the next year.

>With just a bachelor from indonesia and no actual experience, the best you can hope for is an underpaid internship for the next year.

Addition: I personally do not want to talk bad about your degree. It is just the case that many employers think lowly of foreign degrees from BRIC-states. Step up to such implications and show them what you can do (if you actually can perform well, of course).

>edgy
>implying

you talk like a gay reddit boi anyway, get out of here. go on, git

yeah well i'm sure i can do well, i'm not stupid or lazy or anything, it's just that for years i've been having no motivation, so uni took 6 years and GPA is only 2.5, until i grew passion in starting my new life as an american.

i'm not good with social skills, i don't know if i can force myself to be good at it. idk, i think starting a business in america is "greener" than in indonesia, as in, it's easier to be rich, for your products to be bought

>it's easier to be rich

Dont think that, it is a widespread misconception. If you are not born rich, it is actually quite hard to become rich in the US.

My suggestion really would be: look for a job for you to gain experience. Nobody looks at your grades anymore, when you proved yourself in a job. In this case you need to improve your social skills tough, no way around that - neither in HR nor in controlling. Except when you gain access to one of the backoffice calculation jobs, which are easy to get in and are well paid, but are usually not open for majors in something else than mathematics or finance.

Do you like anal sex?

well i can save up from now. i'm only 24.

so what if i work here first, in Indonesia ? like i'm collecting working experiences but here in Indonesia.

i am a guy

and no

Then I can't see any footholds for you in this job market, I'm afraid.

>like i'm collecting working experiences but here in Indonesia.

Do that for some years, yes. People like to buy experience more than they want to buy degrees.

so how is the prospect of getting an american job if i have indonesian bachelor's degree AND indonesian office job ?

>so how is the prospect of getting an american job if i have indonesian bachelor's degree AND indonesian office job ?

If you stay a deskman for these years: low.
If you get to a position with personell responsibility: high.

If you're an Indonesian come to Aus?

Aldi is literally starting people in management all over the country. 100k + car and phone.

we dont like browns here - especially not muslim browns

i'm not interested in australia.

look, i'm not just some village boy wanting to live in shiny city on the hill, okay, i'm a city person and i don't only seek cool looking first world environment.

i feel attached to american culture. i believe in what they believe in, and it's just really exciting to think about moving there.

however, i'm not a huge fan of vacation and travelling, i don't even like beaches. so you can't be like "if not US why not AUS ?", i'm not interested in australian culture or swedish culture or danish culture. i just want to move to the US and not visit anywhere else.

i'm not arab, and i'm planning on quitting islam.

i'll try my best. probably i will leave indonesia at 32 and stay there until i die.

just looking for place (that i like) to die alone in

Ausfag here, can verify this.

Also they need to fill a diversity quota, colour soooo you're probably shit-skinned enough.

You have a generic degree from a university based in a corrupt third world country plus you're on Veeky Forums asking about your prospects

Your chances are zero. Save yourself the plane ticket.

but it's a private university though, so free from corruption. and are you following the thread ? i'm thinking about getting a master's degree in america, to ease my way to live in america. especially nyc.

nothing else moves me in life. this is the first time i'm excited about something

don't you know how Veeky Forums works ?

Management is so fucking generic. Masters doesn't make it any less so.What's really cute is that you expect to come out of your Master's degree and into a position that would utilise it at your age, as a non-citizen and with no management experience in either Indonesia and more importantly the US.

Cut your losses. Piss your meme degree off and study something that is actually in demand.

okay i will fucking save my money and just start a business in america. you will NOT stop me, richard spencer

Good luck with that 'slime lol. You're not going to make it.

i don't care if i'm 45 when i do it. what, do you think i'm too stupid for first world country ? i'm on par with you, because i watch and learn from the same thing that you do from. we use textbooks that you also use, etc etc