Hero or villain?

Hero or villain?

Hero, someone had to deal with those Aztec savages.

One of the seamiest episodes about Cortés is often overlooked (death of his first wife).

Uh... neither.

Hero of course

Both.

Any conquerer is both, he did a lot of good, created the modern world. But he did it in a way that killed a lot of people.

Like a 16th century Stalin

Hero, he is the first one to put the notion of "heyo dudes, these lands can be conquered" into the Europeans, which resulted in the dominance of the West for 400 years.

He used to poison people :
A second commissioner, Luis Ponce de León, was sent in 1526 to investigate the condition of affairs, and to report on the conduct of Cortés. He died at Mexico soon after his arrival, in a manner that leaves little doubt of foul play

Hero

Did nothing wrong

>killing spanish subjects

evul

Hero.

not a hero not a villain
a soldier
and a good one

A great conqueror willing to do some truly evil things. The story of Cortes and Aztecs is not black and white, but thoroughly

Hero

Villain

mixed feelings forever
t. honest to God spic

conquerors didn´t hesitate to kill each others, it was way worse in Peru

he may have gone too far in some places

There is no such thing as a hero or a villain.

I see your point
guy was a real son of a whore but you got to admit he had a pair

I wish I had balls like he did

motherfucker truly didn't give a fuck

Hero, just because he did what he wanted and probably had tons of fun doing it

>you will never be born a noble then decide to go to uncharted land with a couple hundred of your friends and absolutely decimate the bloodthirsty native population with the help of some other natives then take all the best loot and hot Latina sluts then go home to be awarded high honors and die peacefully

>absolutely decimate the bloodthirsty native population with the help of some other natives
>some other natives
every time

Only correct answer. The actual question is: was brutal colonialism a good thing? And of course the answer is both, a good thing came out of horrific actions

I guess in the same way Gengis Kan was a hero.

Dude, it was Saint Peter. Cortes said it himself.

conquistador