Could Spain have won WW1 for the central powers?

Could Spain have won WW1 for the central powers?

Italy not being a giant piece of useless shit would have won WW1 for the central powers

>piece of useless shit
>absolutely trash the Austro-Hungarians

pick one

Why did Germany side with the two sick men of Europe?

Clash of Retards

>Piece of useless shit defeats garbage fire.

What an achievement.

Unlikely. Spain was a backwards unstable country with little industry then.

They didn't have a choice. Of the "healthy" powers in Europe...

>France
Would never ever side with Germany. Literally invented a new word to describe butthurt over Alsace-Lorraine.

>Russia
The German goal from the get-go was to destroy Russia before they modernized and became too powerful.

>Britain
Salty about naval dick-waving and wouldn't let Germany dominate the continent.

>Italy
Did ally with Germany. Look how that went.

Though it was born from war, I don't believe Germany should have ever fallen for the militarism meme. Dichter und Denker, not Blut und Eisen, okay?

See Russia was totally down for allying Germany. Russia was a 'sick man' or Europe.

The reason they didn't was because They broke it in favour of Austria Hungary.

If they stayed allied to Russia, they would've won.

>then

I see what you did there.

I should have added "backstabbing"

>Italy being more competent than historically would have lead to the Central Powers' victory.

Either you mixed it up, or you are a major retard. I mean, what? Wouldn't that have meant free access to Bavaria for the Entente?

He's meaning if they honored the pact with Austria.

The thing is, the German military's entire goal was to destroy Russia as a future competitor, so as long as you've got that mindset, the alliance wouldn't work/last.

As a Germanboo, I think the best course of action for the Reich would have been to stay out of the colonialism game and stick to being a neutral economic/industrial powerhouse in the heart of Europe - essentially a non-cucked version of what Stalin (of all people) proposed in the 1950s.

Maybe gobble up the German-speaking parts of Austria-Hungary if/when they collapse.

That was at the end of WW1 sperglord

>tfw no Germany as a Superswitzerland

Exactly. Look how well it works for the Swiss & Austrians.

Still kinda is desu

Italy didn't fight for the centrals...

the austrian empire had basically evaporated at that point

>>France
>Would never ever side with Germany. Literally invented a new word to describe butthurt over Alsace-Lorraine.

Not so sure about that.

I'll admit, my outlook is a bit memetic.

What makes you disagree?

The French Rep, didn't have a real long term foreign policy at that time, due to constant turmoil in the assembly (political instability, like always with this shitty Rep.).

In 1895 the french gov. (conservative, like Gabriel Hanotaux, french forein affairs minister at that time) wanted to unite the continental powers, so the franco-russian sided tried to made an alliance with germany, with, obviously, great britain in sight. (see Kiel)

Then you had the fachoda crisis in 1898, between the french and british. It was a political defeat for the french. Same year, a new gov. is elected in France (left), and a new foreign affairs minister, Théophile Delcassé, who didn't want to continue the confrontation between the two colonial powers. So they signed the entente in 1905.

So the germans are butthurt, Tanger crisis. Huge turmoils in France, everyone was ready for a war to happen, didn't, the french backed down again, the french foreing minister is fired, but it all went sideways from this moment. And it was it, they all knew that war was to happen soon.

Yes, but at the same time at the end of the century Germany was confident in an alliance with Britain, precisely because of the franco-russian moves. But Britain gained time by signalling good will while at the same time refusing to commit to a full fledged alliance as Germany demanded. Eventually, as time passed by, the window of opportunity closed down and it was the Germans the ones that woke up one day to see that British had reached a deal of their liking with the franco-russians, after settling the colonial disputes, again in terms favourable to british liking while chit-chating the Germans, and now Germany was the one finding themselves isolated and alone in the cold.

>Empire literally falls apart before Italy is able to defeat it

Face it, literally for 4 years Italians were crushed like bugs, and they had ONE fucking job, meanwhile the A-H empire fought on all fronts.

t. Slav Von Habsurg
The italian army had a shitty general (Cadorna) while austria on the same front had good generals. When Cadorna was forced to leave the battlefield after the battle of caporetto (wich was a victory achieved also thanks to german forces) the mammamia pizzeria general (Diaz) managed to hold the line and later to defeat the austrian army. Believe me it was not easy to pull out since Cadorna left the army in a shitty position and most of the veterans were dead because of the shitty retreat organized by Cadorna.

tl;dr Cadorna is what made the italian army shit in ww1

There would have been 15 000 less dead on the wining side if there had been no Italians present. Those losers lost a war against Ethiopia for gods sake.