"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

>"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

>Mathew 10:34

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms
youtube.com/watch?v=qk_VwZxN9bA
youtube.com/watch?v=IDEEIa2jrcw
youtube.com/watch?v=qTi1FZkoEsM
youtube.com/watch?v=86PL9wueH-s
youtube.com/watch?v=TLoUq8vybzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"i'm so radical y'all can't deal"

HE MEANT THAT HIS PURPOSE IS NOT TO PERPETUATE THE CURRENT CORRUPT WORLD, BUT TO DESTROY IT.

Like Bane?

BANE?

he brought the word, and the word is the sword of God.

This is literally what he meant.

He meant that while you were partying, he studied the blade.

>earth

except he wasn't referring to the whole world

Christians are so fucking delusional.

*tips fedora and fades into a vape cloud*

huh? you mean "Word"? as in Logos? I think it means he came to bring ideology, which is the sword of any religion.

>Look at history of Christianity
also try being protestant in catholic family etc.

He was an NEET edgelord, what do you expect?

1. JESUS DID NOT INTEND TO ESTABLISH, OR CREATE, A RELIGION.

2. IDEOLOGY IS A BASE, NOT A SWORD.

YOUR DISCERNMENT IS BANAL.

This world is under the control of the evil one (Satan) and his occult societies.

As Christians, we are soldiers behind enemy lines.

Jesus spoke those things about pagan families would become shattered because some would believe in Him and others would not.

>The Roman Catholic and Islamic Connection
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms

>Detailed Documentary Exposing Islam (3 hours)
youtube.com/watch?v=qk_VwZxN9bA

>Allah is Satan, Jesus is God
youtube.com/watch?v=IDEEIa2jrcw

>Allah in Quran = Satan in Bible
youtube.com/watch?v=qTi1FZkoEsM
youtube.com/watch?v=86PL9wueH-s
youtube.com/watch?v=TLoUq8vybzY

Islam is a satanic crypto-pagan religion. Fuck off.

?

GO AWAY, INCOHERENT ZIONIST.

Converting to Christianity would put brother against brother and father against son. It is a way to say that his message will cause chaos and strife.

Jesus is LORD & SAVIOR.

Your violent, savage, antichrist religion is shit.

Hi this is an interesting thread. I would like to ask if someone can refresh my memory and help me recall a particular word. The word means that Gentiles need not follow the laws of the Thorah. I came across the worls before but i can't much remember it now. Much thanks.

If you look at it in context, he's clearly talking about how his teachings will cause arguments between people.

Just stop, idiot, and fuck off.

Jesus's Word is a sword that you can receive to fight any kind of enemy.

>Jesus
>Fight

>enemy at doorstep
>no fight

Good luck

?
Where is it said that Jesus advocated pacifism, idiot?

he spits a flaming sword on apocalipse, that's probably it

He said you had to throw them more chicks, no fight. Fight = bad
If they hit on a chick throw the other at them

I have never done anything like that.

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matt. 5:38-39)

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Matt. 5:43-48, Luke 6:27-28)

Put your sword back in its place… for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (Matt. 26:52)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matt. 5:9)

It means that when you have autism and can't empathize with others, you should have big tard fits, like I have when my mom doesn't clear my basement enough

Do unto thy something something it is gods wish etc

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Mathew 10:34

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 22:36

etc.

Plus the entirety of authentic Christian ideology as a whole.

Passages about pacifism, and resignation in the face of oppression, are most likely Judaic corruptions.

Don't forget this brillant verse

The meaning if Matthew 10:34 is hotly disputed and most people consider it to mean a metaphorical sword.

You have taken Luke 22:36 wildly out of context.

It is part of a story where Jesus is talking about how he needs to be arrested to fulfill prophecy so he tells his disciples to buy a sword (singular) they reply they already have two (between all 13 of them) and Jesus says "that's enough". Trying to make out he is telling everyone in the world they need a sword is beyond stupid. Taking individual sentences out of context is fedora tier.

That's right! I know that being a nice guy doesn't work out! Chicks don't even fall for my sexy mumblings about how they're all dispicable sluts that will burn in hell!

Die, sluts! Die! Take my Æutistic Stare of Death! That ought to teach you!

>the context means what i want it to mean and the metaphors that I dont like have been misinterpreted

You can read the story for yourself.

The very next lines are....

>37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

>38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

It's you deliberately picking a sentence out of a verse and pretending that it means what you want it to mean.

That his teachings would become divisive, and that naturally there'd be those to take up the sword for or against it I guess.

thank you. this is pretty good.

this is pretty nice. I never thought of Jesus as the hippie that our current society thought he was.