August fork

So what are the potential ramifications of the upcoming BTC soft and hard forks?

Let's get a discussion going.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bdgdiBUUAn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe it will spoon?

Shit's gonna chopstick, you dunces.

So do I buy the crash or buy the fork?

There won't be a hard fork, but let me humor you.
If there is a hard fork, and you hold BTC, congrats, you have now 2 coins, wait until the shit stabilises, now you got 2 very valuable coins worth more than what it was before for sure.
If you didn't hold BTC, well, you probably lost money, but you're still pretty safe
If there is a soft fork, don't do any trading until one fork disappears (at most a day)
What will happen though, is that BTC will skyrocket to 10k easily

>you now have 2 coins

as long as you don't store on exchanges that is. If you do store on an exchange than you are at the mercy of the exchange

In order to come out of this safely, is it best to keep all BTC in cold storage?

Bitmain is proposing their own hard fork in response to the user's soft? It's been in the works for a while.

nobody is as retarded as to store their coins on an exchange when Aug 1st comes though

BTC or ALL coins?

I dont understand, even if you store it in a cold storage, the value of the coin is still what the market decides (on exchanges), enlighten me (im dumb btw)

If you store on exchanges you are an idiot that deserves to lose its BTC.

Also there will be no hard fork. Whales will dump their split and collapse any JihanCoin attempts.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on why a possible fork is even being discussed? Did something happen to trigger it?

youtube.com/watch?v=bdgdiBUUAn8

Because people decided to try and push through Segwit using a user activated soft fork on August the 1st.

One of the biggest miners, Bitmain has been blocking segwit because it fixes their ASICBOOST exploit that increases profits.

Bitmain has just come out and said if UASF happens on August the 1st they will start mining a hard-fork.

Just seems like suicide for bitmain to be honest, it might be a way of admitting defeat while saving face.

so what should I do ? get out of BTC ?

What happens to altcoins that use BTC blockchain? e.g. OMNI in different fork scenarios?

No idea, if BTC goes down then everything else goes down with it.

Even ETH, look at the ETH/USD chart compred to the ETH/BTC chart in the last couple of days.

if you store it in cold storage you own the private key thus giving you access to both chains. when you store on an exchange the exchange has the private keys

this has nothing to do with price

Sleep in fiat.

If you're feeling risky, withdraw your coins to a core wallet. On august 2 you will have two kinds of bitcoin, but their value may not be equal.

Nothing I would imagine.

Wouldn't it just lose value in the fud?

Same thing that happened with the ETH/ETC fork, both teams go their seperate ways and the market decides which to use.

Why is it stupid to keep coins on an exchange? I have 4 or 5 coins do i need to make a wallet fpr each one and store them before aug 1? What about after aug 1?

Sounds like youre fucked bro

Its only june

well, it doesn't really matter now. just the possibility that it CAN fork destroys any value it had as a store of wealth. that was all it was good for and if it can be diluted it has no value.