Why is Sexual dimorphism so extreme in humans?

Why is Sexual dimorphism so extreme in humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YbBIK8CzCYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Umm shitlord cheque Xur privilege sexual dimorphism was constructed by the patriarchy to oppress womyn

Because science

It's about average. Humans are designed to look for it.

dude have you seen peacocks

It isn't. Actually there's no notable difference and your cherry picking to enforce established gender stereotypes.

>so extreme in humans

Are you memeing?
Human dimorphism is pretty mild compared to tons of other species

It really isn't.

Tumblr is already here

>so extreme in humans.

in an anthropology class in community college, the professor asked us if we thought there was sexual dimorphism in humans. myself being an enthusiastic albeit naive young lad raised my hand and declared "of course". I was then told I was incorrect, and that humans are one of the few species that exhibit no sexually dimorphic traits. I was thrust headfirst into a state of confusion, inquiring as to why there were statistical differences in height, weight, physical strength, etc. etc. and soonafter was quiet after being attacked by not only the professor for my questions but classmates as well.

>so extreme in humans..

Okay. Were there any witnesses?

SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IN HUMANS IS VARIABLE; THE BETTER QUESTION IS: WHY IS SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IN HUMANS SO INCONSISTENT?

A HIGHER DEGREE OF SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IS INDICATIVE OF LESSER NEOTENY, THUS, OF GREATER BIOLOGICAL IGNOBILITY.

A LOWER DEGREE OF SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IS INDICATIVE OF GREATER NEOTENY, THUS, OF GREATER BIOLOGICAL NOBILITY.

IN HUMANS, GREATER BIOLOGICAL NOBILITY IS DUE TO ARYAN HERITAGE, THEREFORE, A HIGH DEGREE OF SEXUAL DIMORPHISM WOULD BE INDICATIVE OF LITTLE, OR NO, ARYAN HERITAGE.

>so extreme in humans....

We lack fur, so the breasts and genitals are more obvious.

The rest is all social. In the state of nature, men have long hair like women, and women are tanned and muscular because they have to fend for themselves.

>Enforced gender stereo types
*Biological gender roles*
ftfy

That's because you're probably a patriarchic supremacist white male cis scum.

>so extreme in humans.....

>so extreme in humans.......

Why is the male always superior?

>so extreme in humans........

Why does nature despise females?

lmao Tumblr and reddit are having a meltdown itt

watch this video even scrawny numales are stronger than female weightlifters

youtu.be/YbBIK8CzCYo

>so extreme in humans.........

At what? In which species?

so extreme in huma- oh wait

In every single example the male is more beautiful whereas the female is meh.

>so extreme in humans

>so extreme in humans.

>so extreme in humans..

Understood. You find males more beautiful in every species.

Your professor is a faggot and you should have slapped him.

>that's a man baby!

Lololol butthurt.

Are you roleplaying or do you genuinely think that story was real?

height, breasts, waist/hip/shoulder ratio, fat/muscle accumulation, I could break out a bio textbook and go into further detail.

no, dimorphism is not extreme in humans. claiming it doesn't exist is denying basic observable reality, however. a kindergartner can tell the difference between a naked man and a naked woman.

Nature intended males to be the more aesthetically pleasing species. It's true even in humans granted if the human is nutritiously nourished, takes care of himself, etc. The cosmetic industry thrives off of the ugliness and insecurity of the female species.

that story actually is real. it's not even the worst community college prof story I have.

I had a microbiology professor who among other things such as paranoid rants told us jokes out of a joke book for half an hour one day in class.

look at the replies in this thread

Seems real. Egalitarianism is a religion.

Not if said naked man and woman don't identify with their biological sex. It's complicated. I know. I wouldn't expect /pol/ to get it in the first try, but keep trying!

>so extreme in humans

I know right?! Sometimes when you walk down the street, it's hard to tell who is male and female!

Like I've seen so many females who look like pic related! The sexes are so hard to extinguish!

stay there

>extinguish

distinguish*

>tfw your wife is better built than you are

What a cuck honestly

oh god. inb4 shitstorm.

a rooster that believes it's a hen isn't proof that sexual dimorphism doesn't exist in chickens. it's proof that the rooster is mentally ill.

The nematodes are asking the same thing about themselves.

because males have to compete for everything. females just get stuffed and lounge around

me on the right

>identifying as a man gives you a Y chromosome

And stay there.

HELLOOOOOOOOO, REDDIT!

>believes

That's what is happening with transsexuals.

Bye bye reddit you need to leave

>having a Y chromosome makes you a man

This is just like my Japanese hentai

Everyone below this line is being baited by insane mentally ill Sjws

--–----------------

Dude cut the act already. You're not getting anymore (You)s okay? This the last one you're getting tonight.

>resorts to insults instead of forming a counter-argument
sort of like a religious person in the face of insurmountable evidence.

redditfag get out

Who is saying there is no sexual dimorphism? Humans don't have extreme sexual dimorphism.

>Falling for the bait

it does make you a male faggot

Not 100% of the time. So it's not correct to say it makes you male.

>Mfw futas are real, just not human

What is size?
What is shoulder?
What are hips?
What are facial hair?
What is genitals?
What is strength?
What is pregnancy?
What is endurance?
What is IQ?

if you have a pussy, why work hard?

In humans, these things are not extremely dimorphic.

k

Yeah, like pregnancy

Kill yourself

Simple natural selection and cognizance. Wider hips = more babies survive. More unique features = less inbred genes. We dont have the ability to simply sniff out hormones in the air the way most animals do therefore we developed the ability to cue ourselves into whats an optimal breeding partner

If we call humans extremely sexually dimorphic, then we need a new term for the majority of species that are more dimorphic than humans. A term that describes something more than extreme.

To me, extreme would imply we were in the highest ranks of sexual dimorphism among animals, not just that it's possible to identify differences.

I highly doubt that whatever discussion did take place resembled anything like this

This makes us equal in dimorphism to all mammals. Not extreme.

>tfw myself, sister, and brother all within 5'11-6'1

but... we're part Irish. doesn't add up.

You're obviously responding to a moron

It really isn't. If you want strong dimorphism look at birds.

They aren't really dicks, they're elongated clits with holes.

I guess it's pretty much a dick since they piss with it

What a terrible existence.

it really isn't ...

I'm watching "Planet Earth II" as I write and the dimorphism between birds is much more extreme. Male birds are larger, brightly colored, and hav specially adapted feathers that femals dont.
>Wilsons Birds of Paradise.

believe it or not that's exactly how I remember it.

I also had a geography professor that spent quite a bit of time talking about african politics, I'm talking entire class periods about the border dispute in mali. my zoology professor used words like "biological superiority" and "inferiority" in place of simple and complex species. you get what you pay for when you go to community college.

99.90 percent of the time

faggot

>it does 99.90 percent of the time, every time

checkmate, animals

How different is it actually in lions? couldn't a male lion go toe to toe with a lioness if it came down to it?

seriously

anglerfish

another quality thread from &humanities

I think human males and females are actually more significantly different than lion males and females.

are you talking about all the hair on the male that the female doesn't have?

hmmm...