How do I make money?

I'm 20 years old and have no job, no degree, got shitty grades in high school. How the fuck do I make something out of my life? Becoming a doctor or lawyer is not an option, that takes ages and requires good grades.

You should have asked yourself these questions when you started high school, you're fucked now so just kys if you don't wanna be a wagecuck living in a shitty suburb.

Is there seriously no way? Can I climb a corporate ladder or anything? I'd rather kill myself than be a wagecuck for life, that's true misery.

Nope, climbing the ladder is a meme, either your family is friends with the big cheese at the top or you get pushed sideways until you're 46 years old and finally become the assistant undersecretary to the vice president of marketing.

I was in the same position, joined the military for a few years and got out.

I miss it sometimes.

Other times, I don't.

Move to Pennsylvania and go into mining. Or find an apprenticeship.

Trade school and become a welder or electrician, you'll make ~$90K a year

Invest whatever you don't spend on life expenses

Military will get you out of the shit. I was in for 6 years and it was both great and complete shit. Money and stability was good though.

I hope you're smart enough to know not to listen to this douchebag

take up a trades

>Climb the corporate ladder
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well he's right about the second part, it's impossible to climb a corporate ladder without getting a good degree -> working in a big consulting firm -> make valuable connections while doing good work for different firms -> cash out at a good position after 5-6 years of hard work at generic consulting company

Cryptos you fucking faggot. Literally free money if you're not conpletely retarded. Just don't follow all the scam coins on here and buy dips on Bittrex. It's literally free money.

I'm about to flip my initial $500 investment to 8k, in 2 weeks. Try and get that kind of money while wagecucking.

Buy ARK

how are u going to do that

Do you have any skills you could capitalize on?

Learn a trade user, go to trade school or become a self taught coder. Either that or start a business.

Starting business is pretty hard if you dont have any actual skills which you can use to create a product

Learn a trade (welding, electrical, plumbing, etc)

Not true. Experience is much more valuable than a degree.

Study IT network security, you can self study (ccna/ccnp/etc). I have no degree and also had pretty shit high school pass marks. I work as a consultant and make about 200k a year - I turn down opportunities weekly . Good luck!

dont give up man find a trade skill do it very well and then charge for it. or the other side at 20 and you have nothing holding you back go to another country and just have fun. claim unemployment for 6 months ur moma deposits for you while you are having a great time in another country so you can "find yourself".

I'm 21. Did mediocre in hs. Hated cc but I have a degree. Gonna become a paramedic. I feel like my life is without purpose and I dont give a fuck about myself, might as well help others.

I'm not sure if I want to go into trades, most of these jobs seem to be stuck at the $50k mark, which is apparently the same as a high school teacher. As for mining, job seems dangerous.

I have no skills at all, I don't know any languages other than English. I was a fucking manchild during high school and a NEET after that, spent the whole day playing video games and watching anime and other stupid shit.

My IQ isn't too great (118), in high school I tried to get into coding with Python and tried to learn PHP too but I just couldn't do it, I don't have the kind of mind that solves problems.

>Military will get you out of the shit.

Correct, but reading OP's post, it'll solve all of his problems, and then some.

PROS:
>Housing
>Food
>Pay

CONS:
>Dealing with bullshit on the daily

Civilians have so much FUD when it comes to the military, it's hilarious.

You don't get decent experience without a degree or a clutch connection

Id love to do this user. If you have any tips I'm all ears. Specifically what helped you get to where you are now is what'd I'd like to know from the beginning

>but reading OP's post

Typo: *AND* reading OP's post,

It's there, try to use it whatever intellect you have, or die poor like a cuck, useless faggot like the OP.

You might not

Start a business doing something you're good at and have a good knowledge of. Otherwise yea, you'll be fucked for at least a few years

You can make it big playing the world's biggest MMO available. Its graphics are kind-of ugly looking and from the 90s and before, the basic mechanics of the game are simpler than chess, and for some reason it shuts down for the weekend (maybe they figure their customers need to get laid?).

This game is so big, with so many players, that everyday the actions on it represent more than $1.5 trillion in value. For comparison: biggest stock market in the world is NYSE, and it only has about $80 billion per day in exchanges. In this game, you don't start out with 0 points, but a set amount, and the goal is to increase the point count. Why do these points matter? Because you can convert them back to money!

You will find out that it's not game mechanics which are hard to master, but the boss you are constantly in battle with. Strategy and discipline are by far the most important, and most difficult, aspects to the game. The boss is the biggest, baddest boss in any video game at any time. This boss is responsible for over 100 million deaths in the 20th Century. Who might this final boss be? It's none other than mass human psychology.

Now I bet you're wondering what sort of exotic game this could be. Well it might come to shock you to know that the game is called Forex, and its prime game client is MetaTrader.

Download MetaTrader 5, look up a list of discount brokers, and sign up for a demo account ("paper trading").

Better start to learn a trade then and do it fast

Lol....20....haha. Yeah i thought the same when i was twenty. "OH FUQ IM SO OLD ALREADY!! EVERYTHING TAKES AGES!!!"

Truth is: years pass by quite fast. The older you get the faster. With 20 you have shitloads of time ahead.

Everyone knows to expect NOTHING from a 20yo, you simply didnt have had the time yet to build any kind of skill + add like 5-10years experience to it so that you are deemed "competent" in your field. Yes, it takes that long. Thats what people get paid for.

No one needs the skills of a 20yo, you are still deemed "in development".

Go study for 6-7 years and then start working.
People do not start to cash in with a good job before their early to late 30ies. Everything before that pays just pennys and covers cost of living.

Exceptions aside, this is how it is in the developed countries (US/EU)

>I'm 20 years old
>Have no degree

Hahaha... You have got to be shitting me. You are literally the age people enter college and, good God, you have no degree? Fuck off, buddy. Start filling those enrolment applications you entitled little shit.

With 20 only the military can make use of you to send you to the frontline and catch bullets with your body.

Average 20yo eats shit till he is at least in his late 20s. No matter what career you follow you wont get around that shit eating part so prepare for that

I found OP's LinkedIn picture from next year...

Government.

If you can get on at the postal service or at a school you can make a solid wage and a pension.

The government is secretly a work program for people like you. They will take you in order to keep you from a shit spiral. The driven with good grades will seek the extra 20% they can make in the private sector and then put in 50 hours like cucks.

The most important thing is to not spend or waste money. A penny saved is more than a penny earned, an penny earned is subject to income taxes.

Don't think about climbing the ladder at some corporation. Instead, find a nice local business that can put their trust in you, and find a way to climb the ladder there. It'll be much easier, and most of the time, the old fucks who own these businesses tend to place more trust into the young guy who has worked hard at their company vs the money hungry kids in their family whenever it comes the day to hand over percentages of the business.

Climbing the corporate ladder could work if you're a fucking genius who is keeping a 4.0 at Wharton Business School while being charismatic enough to quickly become the manager at some slave job, while also actively offering detailed improvements to higher-ups, while also being able to quickly form good relationships with the chain of command, and rounding it off by being part of a fraternity & active charity organization. Preferably a charity that deals with helping poor children understand the importance of having good reading, writing, and speech skills.

Oh yeah, anything less than this and you're destined for failure. So remember to also be able to not commit suicide whenever you end up with a 3.9.

Go to community college. Some degree is better than no degree.

Then get an entry level job with growth potential. Keep learning new skills, there is no excuse not to learn new stuff online, everything is free or cheap.

Switch jobs every 2-3 years to fast forward your pay grade. Lastly, be nice. Respect your opportunities and the people you work with. A good attitude goes longer than a good skills. People like other people they can trust, personal connections are also a fast forward ticket, so play nice.

Send me 10% of your pay for this advice every year.

The only way to get rich is by taking advantage of knowing what bitcoin is and getting a good position for the next 10+ years.

Boomers don't see this shit comming. Everything else is already under the control of boomers. What will be fun is watching the bond market crash as BTC soars into 6 figures a coin.

Correction, you don't get shit if you don't know shit.

If you can program effectively in a popular language, understand mathematical logic, have memorized a shit ton of sorting algorithms, program on the daily while uploading all of your shit on Github, support an open-source project, and attend & place high in coding events, and can actually communicate to people effectively, then you will 100% find a well-paying programming job without a degree. However, you're still right about about the connections though. But you'll make connections if you can impress with skill.

>A penny saved is more than a penny earned, an penny earned is subject to income taxes.
Holy shit why has no one ever said it like this

Learn a skill that is needed.
Supply this skill for monetary gains.

It's that simple.

Most lawyers are broke....being a doctor isn't for most people. No one cares about high school grades. You're still young enough to go to college. But I wouldn't waste time with that if you aren't going to get into stem and if you can't pay out of pocket. If I were you I would look into a skilled trade. I work as a pet groomer and I average $40/hr but I work part time and stay at home with the kids the rest of the time. My husband however worked in the USMC then became a welder and now he is an engineer for a railroad company and make 6figures. His military experience got him that job. We invest in crypto and his job also comes with great health insurance and a vanguard 401k with company match up to 8% (I think). So that's story and advice. I hope it gives you an idea.

Sell fidget spinners on the streets

Its originally a ben Franklin quote....which is before income taxes....its since been adjusted for the reality of income tax.

Rob a bank.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to seriously look into trades and the military

>true misery
>i took the easy road in life so far, i should get an easy pass for my future career too!
if you don't want to work, don't. nobody cares.

OP I'm 29 and at you and at your age was in the same position. Do not make these mistakes. Do not move in with a girlfriend you've only been with for less than a year. In fact, do not move in with a young female at all. If you refuse to go to school (I did) try to find a field which has SOME upward mobility. I fell into pharmacy by chance and started making 7.25 as a cashier. I'm now working in a hospital making 17+. It's nothing to write home about but where I live I can support myself on this income.

Place some of your savings into crypto. I'm not going to tell you which ones just research like crazy on cryptos and trading.

Do not waste 8 or more years of your life wandering around wondering what the fuck happened.

this

too late now, but was a cracking idea if you got into it at the right time.

OP i am 20 also. Was working a shitty call centre job till 19.
Thought it would be embarrassing going back to college (not uni) to study engineering when I'm 19, but I did it anyway

Do I think I made the right decision.
FUCK NO! I'm doing well but the course is shit, and I have another year of not earning money before I can get a shit paid apprenticeship. Cost me a fortune to do this. Why did I do this?

No one can fix your life for you, life is difficult. No one cares about 20 year olds who fucked up their education unfortunately.
One thing I can say is make sure you have some fucking bitcoins. Yeah it's expensive, but how many other cunts our age have them? And are they the future? yes they fucking are. be the first to the party and it will definately pay off in the long run

This world is changing, wagecuck jobs will soon all be replaced by robots. Prepare your life for THAT day.

oh, also I've wanted to join RAF since 18, but ive been held back by the most retarded bollocks

but im too weak and skinny atm anyway, its probably a good idea to delay, which i have delayed like fuck.

I think military is the best way for people like us.

Man the British system is so fucking competitive, if you have nobody to guide you, you'll definitely fuck yourself over.

This.

Trade school is your best option at this point. You can make a decent living doing trades. Like 100+k a year

Also, take a look at things like wind tech or something, that shit's booming too

If you're a nigger in America there are all kinds of ways to make money fast, wait I should have said if you're a nigger in America who has the brain of a white person it's easy...

Take out a life insurance policy, wait for the suicide clause to expire, then kill yourself

Easy, foolproof way to make money

sell stuff online. Dropshipping. Do not listen to these crypto faggots.

learn programming, better option than being a doctor or lawyer anyway

nope idiot, he's right. my dad's been wageslaving his entire life, decades of experience, and the best job he can get is literally "assistant undersecretary to the vice president" tier

OP, just buy bitbean

Even shitcoins are mainstream as fuck right now. It's time to wake up, faggot.

Your dad sound like a class A fgt.

Richard Branson's IQ is like 107, Trump's is suppsedly 115. They're both Billionaires because they figured out how they work best, and how other people can be put to better use.

Branson is dyslexic and doesn't know 90% of business terms, the other 10% is from experience learning as he went.

I have a ridiculously high IQ and failed high school. Literally stole my diploma and faked credits to get into University/College, and failed that, too. Now I make 15-16k/month selling shit on ebay and owning rental shit. It's maybe 5-30h in a week, if that. And all I do is read and work out and travel.

Fuck man, if you loved vidya so much, make money doing critiques and let's plays and shit.

You can literally make money doing anything, and stop worrying about a) what other people think of you (unless it drives you to get better) and b) if you fuck up (because worst case, you go homeless, which really isn't that bad if you've already been there). People are willing to forgive a lot of fucking silliness in your 20's if you show you're trying, and a lot of the people who are tough as fuck on you will turn around and be your greatest references if you can work hard to improve.

>P.S. - Just from reading what you've posted, change your mindset/mindframe, whatever you want to call it. Aim for like ~51% of time positivity/confidence that you have opportunities to succeed, even if you don't see them. If you keep at it when you're down hard, you'll find better opportunities faster and skyrocket after a while.

How did you do the eBay and rental stuff? Like how to get started? Not op but interested

Start with values. Seriously. What kind of shit do you actually give a damn about in life?
>Creating shit
>Helping people
>Love/family/friends
>Improvement, just to see how far you can go
>Being someone (significance, I guess?) known for your skills, fame, fortune, whatever
>Whatever the fuck you care about

Then sort your shit out mentally and emotionally.
>Who the fuck are you user?
>Who do you think you are?
>Who or how are you according to other people? Shit others have said about you, or to you, or you've heard about yourself.
>What do you honestly think of yourself?
>How do you want to die? Because you fucking will someday.

After that, figure out where you want to go and work backwards. If you want to be a fucking millionaire and own a kickass car, but be free enough to travel, who do you want to be when you get there? Most people worry about the money because they're in a rough spot, but more important than how much you make is how you make it. If you're stuck as a corpcuckfag and hate it, the money's not worth it unless it's part of your plan and you're saving it while living spartan. Same thing with ethics/morals; do you want to get success at any cost possible, even if it later comes out to public? The "right" answer doesn't fucking matter, the one that comes up and doesn't make you feel like shit is what works for you.

Don't heed all self-criticism, but definitely pay some fucking attention to what that shite voice or those images or videos or numbers, or however you fucking think, say to you. Not what your fucking parents told you, or a friend or random classmate or teacher, only the shit you yourself come up with that feels honest and uncomfortable as fuck.

That's where you start.

>Sorry for the rant, just coming from a place that hits me hard.

Ok I know plenty of people who went through what you're talking about, and I went through it as well except post undergraduate instead.

First things first, how intelligent are you? If its substantially above average, and you had low grades because you were bored in school, you have hope. If not, you should become a terrorist or something, the rest of us will be better off and you aren't going to be able to succeed in this day and age anyway. Maybe take out some bankers please.

Otherwise, you need to get your goals aligned with reality. We live in a society that is self destructing. I have friends who became doctors; they wish they had not done so and dropped out instead. New lawyers have trouble finding work due to computerization. Ditto for comp sci; its one of the easiest areas to automate.

So that said, get it out of your head that you need to get a "normal" career to live a "normal" lifestyle with a "normal" family. Those are fine goals in other eras; in this era, you will self destruct.

Instead you need to figure out two things; first, what do you like to do for fun, second, how will you survive once the power goes out and their are riots in the streets. The two are related because once you specialize in a skill, you become more valuable.

Note I said what do you like to do for fun, not what do you like to "watch" or "sit around and do nothing." You need to find an ACTIVE activity that you like. Welding, woodworking, hiking, shooting, mechanics, gardening, animal raising, ACTIVE things that get you out of the sedentary lifestyle. If you are like me, and have an unusually high IQ, you can try your hand at making a fortune programming or something similar; but note here you are still CREATING things. So be ACTIVE and CREATIVE. But remember, you will fail if you have average or below average intelligence. Don't beat yourself up about it; its natural.

(1/2)

Just worked shit jobs (over 200 different jobs because I was an indecisive/cynical shitlord) until I got fed up with constantly going between homeless and min wage.

>found random shit in boxes/on streets during spring cleaning
>sold on ebay
>eventually ebay let me increase volume and amount made
>still used to scrounging, after a couple years I found 80 000$ in my bank account (had an accountant after a couple months, never bothered with anything fiscal except minimal living expenses)
>used 70k to purchase/finance/leverage a 300k house (well, 55k + 15k for all the ownership bullshit), had meh credit
>fixed it up a bit for 5k, still had a bit saved in case anything happened
>craigslisted and had a bit of a time with finding the "right" prop manager, a couple who did it FT
>worked my ass off for ~9-12 months getting rent + ebay
>used half of rent to go toward paying the place off, half for my living expenses
>all of ebay money (which was now picking up) to do the same for 2 other places (better leverage running one place already)
>hire same couple for those two after fixups
>rinse, repeat 3x
>hiring couple FT soon with 8th property and aiming for more once i get more legal shit set up
>only 2 properties decreased in value, but not drastically
>3 were fuck all, and only had 1 small emergency (oilfire that burned the lawn but not house, smelly kitchen for a while)
>other 2 increased in value enough that I could sell them and make a couple M, pay off almost everything (some local small-time practice pad ended up having a couple famous people say that's where they learned most of their skills, huge buzz/influx of people)

Thinking of doing the holding corp/tax haven thing because I'm a dumbshit and never bothered listening to the accountant to set that stuff up earlier, so if anything happened I have 0 liability or attachment to anything I "own." Retirement fund has enough to live on poverty line for 27 years so far; between that and federal pension, oboy.jpg

You may just need to try a lot of things out for a few years, if you're 20 give yourself until you're 25ish to try out as many things as possible. Once you find those things, become superior at all of them. You need to focus your life on min-maxing your skills. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT MONEY. As long as you can get EBT, have a place to sleep, keep on going. AVOID WORKING FOR MONEY. If you can find a job that will help you develop your skills, great! If it stops helping you,, quit immediately. Those skills are going to be what you need to survive; money won't help. Even so, those skills WILL help you get money.

As you start specializing in those skills, look for ways to use them to start working towards your future survival. Future survival for yourself and your family, of course. Maybe you will need to buy land, property, and equipment. If so, look to make money with those skills. Don't be ashamed if it doesnt work at first; it took me 6 years to start earning any substantial amount of money from the skills I developed. But once you have those skills, you keep getting better, you keep earning more, and you're able to do something ACTIVE, REAL, and CREATIVE that will help you survive and thrive no matter what the future holds.

(2/2)

>tfw about to turn 25 and still have these problems

suicide imminent

user, I'm , , I wish I'd have seen your post when I was 20, haha. Had to figure all the shit out on my own and only aimed for money in my 20's, so even with what I have now I'm still self-conscious(?) about my lack of/variety of skills.

>tl;dr bit more motivated to gain actual skills instead of sitting about reading, thanks user

Just saying, this guy's idea is good. Scrounging and selling on eBay is sort of like arbitrage in space, whereas Forex is arbitrage in time.

So what was in the boxes that you sold? Could I just basically buy a product in bulk and sell online? That sounds pretty simple though. I also want to get into real estate but I have like 1500 dollars to my name basically wagecucking and saving everything. I would really like to start making passive income any tips or books you can recommend? Thanks

Hey, your posts are pretty insightful.
Mind giving some advice for starting on eBay? All I've heard from people that do it is that it typically isn't worth it/not very profitable. How can you read/workout/travel on this alone?

90k after coming out of tradeschool?? dumbfuck.. more like 35ish until your a journeyman with atleast 5 years exp and if you know your shit you might get 50k

fuck yeah. tell this fool to get some ethics 1st... OP sounds like a lazy fuck

your lying.. not a single crypto has boomed enough to turn 500 into 8k in the last 2 damn weeks you fucking cumm guzzling faggot.

This. Join the Army or Air Force and pick a job which requires a high ASVAB/TS security. Bang out like two years of college or so while you're in. Live cheaply and dump your spare cash into crypto. Finish school once you get out.

Bulshit. I just hit 21.. no degree, got my diploma online and ive been doing a/c for 4 years. 3 in construction assembling duct and 1 on the controls side wiring up circuit boards. i make decent cash weekly you just have to want to work. i dont plan on being a wagecuck for life even though im paid well i have a baby on the way. i want a business for my own.

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAA hahahahaha hahahahaha fucking loser moron

Your one of those faggots that have nothing going for themselves so you get on here and make up stories of the anonymous fuck you should have been

Not really dude.. I just hit 21. been doing a/c work for 4 years and ive ran through plenty of worthless helpers with no ethics. They were eating my shit all day long. My bosses give me something to do and dont fuck with me after

I clicked a few buttons and made over 30k.

I'm mighty proud of myself. I'm not joking, either.

Become a wagecuck and invest most of the money you make doing that into crypto. Lurk here for a while to learn the basics of crypto and then start dabbling in it with small amounts just to get your feet wet. Keep (wisely) investing more and more. You'll be living comfortably in a few years.

I'm laughing at all these people telling you to go to school. Everybody and their mother gets a bachelors degree nowadays. It's just a waste of time and money. The only way going to college is worth it is if you can manage to get financial assistance to really cut the costs. And student loans? Fuck that shit.

I am currently a management student at a regionally respected business school. What does Veeky Forums suggest to be a better choice. Should I graduate and get my mba at my current school (ranked ~50)? My good friend's dad would hire an mba at 90k salary not including bonuses. Would it be better instead to work for like 4 years and get in to a much more prestigious business school? Or should I study my ass off to get a >170 on lsat and get in to an elite law school?

Don't go into business school directly out of undergrad and only do law school if you want to be a lawyer

E-commence and grey imports

I've heard that but would it matter if I could get a job at J.P. Morgan making about 100k a year at 24 if I did. I would only do that because I have the connection.

hes probably talking about soon to be worthless kangaroo or canuck dollars

The problem is, without a ton of experience there's no way anyone will hire you without a degree of some kind