MAGICAL FAIRY MONEY - MINING

>Tell my mom about crypto cunts
>Tell her about mining
>She doesn't believe any of it
>Thinks Cryptos are magical fairy money
>Show her that I can actually sell magical coins and have money sent into my bank account
>She's in
>Wants to give me money to buy 30 Graphic Cards for her
>If she gets her money back, then she'll buy 30 more just for me to keep
What am I in for?

A large power bill

The coins you sold as a demo were coins that you mined?
Because you need to factor in the cost of electricity when mining

An electrical fire

>using graphics cards to mine
>not using dedicated hardware
You'll make nothing mining real coins

No, ones that I bought. She justs didn't believe I could sell my magic coins for real money, instantly.

We live in a rented house, we know the landlord (he is my friend) And he's got the light hacked, or fix or however you call it, so we have this one cable in the house that's connected directly to the grid and we don't have to pay for anything we plug in there. We usually use it for the heaters.

So basically, 30 graphics cards working without worrying about electricity costs.

I could buy Asic or Scrypt miners, I am just not sure about it, desu.

Bump

sounds awesome, buy 30 rx580s

Siphoning the grid nice. I would too in your situation. If you get caught you will have to give up your landlord though.

month looking for cards on the market

That's what I had in mind, seems like there's a serious shortage of them at the moment. Gamers are going to hate me.
Yep

How likely is it that they'll notice?

I fail to see how that prevents an electric fire, if anything it might make things worse

what the fuck are you talking about? there's many coins worth mining with gpus

I would prepare a room specifically for the cards, to keep everything safe and working.

Keep going user, you seem to know nothing about electricity, just plug all the cards you can

Don't buy graphics cards for mining. Specialized mining hardware is far cheaper and more efficient (uses less electricity).

The cable that connects to the grid is 16mm, I believe. I can check the Ampers, but I was told by me landlord it could handle like 16.000 Kilowats of power at once.

Is that really not enough for 30 or 60 cards?

What would you recommend? I don't like the idea of being limited to one specific coin with the miners.

Having doubts about GPU vs Miners, bump.

Nevermind, I'll just go with graphic cards. Better selling market in case everything flops.

Need to know what's better, AMD vs Nvidia in terms of what coins to mine.

What about solar technology? Are they worth investing into to mine coins?

In perfect conditions - full sun, government grants - the ROI for solar is decades. In less-than-ideal conditions - stock firmware, high power costs - the ROI for mining hardware is months. Putting money into solar instead of mining is retarded.