What was the greatest period in human history?

What was the greatest period in human history?

Whatever period we're in now.

the height of the age of Imperialism (1880-1913)

1950's America

Define "greatest"

When humans didn't exist

This. Too bad we're living on borrowed time, with over-consumption and overpopulation.

For white people? Lots of choices, basically any period of peace where the aristocracy and government are stable.

For minorities? Literally today.

>overpopulation
Myth.

>available resources are limited and finite
>resource and energy consumption in the West is unsustainable
We either solve overpopulation or everybody is gonna live like Chinese peasants.

>available resources are limited and finite

Yes and one day the sun will burn out as it too is finite.

>resource and energy consumption in the West is unsustainable

You are making the "peak oil" mistake of assuming we will make zero technical progress in the future.

Modern period.

You don't have the expectation that half of your children will die before they are 5.

Are you arguing that the resources will keep up with our rapid consumption?

> You are making the "peak oil" mistake of assuming we will make zero technical progress in the future.
And you're being dangerously optimistic by assuming we can keep making significant technical progress indefinitely. We still have to live with the Laws of Thermodynamic and limited mineral resources we have at our disposal, even if we increase our efficiency of using them to 100%.

> you are making the "peak oil" mistake of assuming we will make zero technical progress in the future

Youre cooking rabbits that havent been caught

What do you imagine we are going to run out of?

Resources could be stretched to mean anything.

Why would technical progress stop? We have been progressing for all of human history.

>Youre cooking rabbits that havent been caught

We have been catching rabbits for a very long time. Assuming that tomorrow we will never catch one again is foolish.

Classical Greece
Early United States
Late 20th century developed world.

> Why would technical progress stop? We have been progressing for all of human history.
Technical progress =/= infinite energy/resources. You can advance your methods of extracting energy and raw materials up to 100%, but you can't create them out of nothing. Even when you use solar panels you don't create energy out of nothing, you "steal" it from the atmosphere, resulting in unpredictable weather and climate changes.

t. Fallout fag

>The universe is finite and thus pointless.

Shoo existentialist.

Cut back aid to every third world country and the problem solves itself in roughly two decades.

Not for the Congolese.

Every civilization had a different golden age.

t. materialist cuck

OP asked about human history.

absolutely blown out the fugg

>he thinks Fallout 3 and 4 were real Fallouts
As far as I'm concerned those two never existed

>for the minorities

>he thinks whites are the majority

"A-at least I still have duh constitushoooon"

Today for sure.

What about the progresses in medical tech and general convenience of living? Even though private education is a bubble here in the US, it doesn't change the fact that we live in a time where an education is easier to get than ever before. Further, though our politics are corrupt, it's not like that's an anomaly. Politics has always been corrupt, even in republican societies, going back to Rome, perhaps even to Sumer and Babylon (I'm not going to act like i know shit about them).

Polio?

I mean, personally, I do like the 50s aesthetics of the nuclear family, religious society, etc., but that doesn't mean that society was better than then it is today.

Poor blacks in America have more access to tech than the richest white king did in the 1700s. Don't act like white people could go to any point in society and avoid wars, poverty, famines, etc. simply because white people ran society.

Mesozoic

Obvious samefag

A lively 15 months in 1919.

Everything before and after that has paled in comparison.

This fag gets it.

19th century best century... though Athenian democracy was bretty gud.

>Hellenophiles
No.
>Democracy
>good
*thighfucks boitoi*

>He doesn't want a good thighfucking from his alpha patrician master

>Athenian Democracy
>less than a third of society qualify as citizens
>elitist af
Yeah, I'd say it was pretty gud until they got scared and put Socrates in prison for "corrupting the youth"

Oh, I bet you just think you'd be one of the elite.

lol no

Yes I would.

>WE

Huh?

>WUZ

You're doing it wrong

t. nordcuck

>GREEK ARISTOCRATIC ELITE

1945-1999

the 21st century has been shit.

1922-1991

Russian actually.