Swarm City (SWT) launching minimum viable product named "Boardwalk" in five hours

Swarm City (SWT) launching minimum viable product named "Boardwalk" in five hours.

Livestream to launch here youtube.com/watch?v=hYiKlP-UnUg&feature=youtu.be

Moon or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

press.swarm.city/dmitry-buterin-joins-swarm-city-advisory-board-675d47f268d1
press.swarm.city/swarm-city-boardwalk-overview-9a362f19411f
youtube.com/watch?v=gEzXL53cDT4
youtube.com/watch?v=hYiKlP-UnUg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> Moon

That's just a pitstop, this shits going to pluto.

Sitting on 300 SWT.

480 SWT here
Hold, or double position?
Id have to sell a small portion of my ETH or all my LTC to buy right now :/

well litecoin is trash so that should be obvious

I know but as much as everyone shits on it watch it end up mooning the hardest here soon

I'm looking forward to the REEEEEEEEEEEEEE threads in 5 hours

>not buying the dip
Smhtbhfamalam

isnt it obvious that vitaliks dad is an advisor because vitalik is furthering himself from advising projects. dude prob holds swt. to pluto we go!!!

I don't really see this as a potential "sell the news", as there has been no news. Seriously, the marketing around Swarm City has been terrible. Sounds like a good concept, but they need to work on their shilling

of course i transfer BTC off of bittrex ... which will take fucking days

i feel lucky as fuck that they never did any marketing. talk about gains when assholes finally hear of swt

Please keep in mind boardwalk is the MVP. Keyword minimal. That is why there is little marketing around it since it is mostly for the people that already use the system (terminal) on facebook. Storefronts will be the wrappers so to speak of boardwalk that would be geared more towards usability. This is far from the finish product for swarm so as long as you keep that in mind you won't be disappointed.

>this

I'm sitting on 20k. Not planning on selling until we reach $50

Good point. These past weeks in crypto have made me an impatient little babby

selling when its on the silicon valley intro ;)

Wish I had more. Only 50 here, but still in for the ride.

just bought 50 at ath. i trust biz.

damn.. the stream begins at 1 am for me... will stay awake and watch it tho.. I'm very excited, but sadly I only hold 318 swt

Kek

You do realize that's 318k in the future. Maybe not this month but consider the project. I'm not even profit taking till 500$ish. I think selling this gem right now is retarded considering it's pretty much a gareunteed retirement before the end of the year.

volume is so low on bittrex still

this shits tankin man jump ship we ain't goin to pluto we all going to hell

Hope we moon just so I can shitpost this

Same here, brother. HODL

Honestly. I'm active in the slack and thankfully the Devs have recognized this and they're launching a new website in a couple hours.

You're too late. Should have came in earlier when the weak handed showed up. Regardless of the price tonight, you should buy at least a couple SWT

in for 75 SWT, when is the takeoff

should i transfer my dollars to swarm or nah

For anyone who is held back by the marketing, here's the devs view, which imo solidifies that they are very serious about Swarm City and that this project is as legit as it can get in crypto:

'For the Boardwalk launch I’ve found it preferable to focus on markets based around common interests or philosophies, instead of locations (with one caveat). The reason why is certain locales really want a rideshare “app”, with all the fixens. (Austin and Rideshare)That type of situation is more geared towards Storefronts (3rd release). So then the question is “who” is more likely to use boardwalk once it goes live on the 15th. I believe this is early adopter, crypto people, liberty-oriented people, etc. People who want an experience directed at a specific use case (rideshare, retail, rental, etc.) will get that a bit later on.'

'Personally I believe that you don't need old school 'push' marketing for a great product (which it indeed is), the right crowd finds you anyways. In this phase Swarm City will attract mostly 'pioneers' or early adopters, and those are the people you need in these early phases.. If you want to see the 'social' activity, most is happening on Slack right now, so don't hesitate to join.., and apart from that, there's Twitter & Facebook, with increasing activity every day.'

hope you're right, I'm not planning to sell.
I think - especially since uber is banned in some countries - swarm city has very great potential.

I'm planning to actually use the platform.

You will be fine. Just don't listen to all the FUD here.

You should.

Yup, this is the MINIMUM viable product, essentially the public beta for the platform.

Also VITALIK'S FUCKING DAD is on the board! Do you really think this will be allowed to fail?: press.swarm.city/dmitry-buterin-joins-swarm-city-advisory-board-675d47f268d1

This project is the only one I can really see a WIDE long-term potential use. Talk about cloud storage and micropayments to most normies and they'll switch off. Mention the ability to make a hashtag to show off and run your own mini-business for ride-sharing or cake selling or some bullshit and all the normies will perk up. The hipsters love the hashtagging crap too.

Don't underestimate the amount of normies and hipsters who love this sort of thing. Candy Crush made ~500 MILLION over 3 MONTHS.

>inb4no app
No need, most "apps" are simply responsive websites anyway, and they're obviously designing this for mobile use: press.swarm.city/swarm-city-boardwalk-overview-9a362f19411f

Shite marketing is the only thing that could sink this product, however as the user above posted, this is intentional at this stage. I'm actually pleased that they're being smart about this. No point having the whole world piling onto it at this stage, better off sounding the trumpets when the product is finished.

At least these guys actually have a fucking product though, most of these cryptos just have an idea and a begging bowl.

Only thing that's concering me here is that from looking at their GitHub they only have two really active developers, and a couple more semi-active ones. Seems like a small dev team for a quite ambitious project

The Swarm City developer team will not plan a mobile app. The whole hashtag functionality runs on ethereum/ipfs on which any third party can build an app if they so wish.

Sorta makes sense desu. The uses for this will be VERY wide-ranging, so rather than trying to make a catch-all app, better they put effort into making the platform, and then have it open for any specific apps to be designed upon it.

One focusing purely on ride-sharing, another one dealing with sales, etc, all using the swarm platform and token.

As to small dev team, eh as long as they're productive you don't need gargantuan teams of pajeet programmers. Most awesome shit started off just with two guys in their garage or whatever.

Another issue is that we don't want to be bound by the 'centralized' policies of app marketplaces.

2 full-time programmers were enough to get to the MVP that will launch this evening. The team will expand if needed.

don't worry user, the team is planning to hire more people once the audience grows, but they want to be smart about it (which is exactly what you want).

Also have you heard the adage that '"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." ?

>20k
Oh shit nigga im jelly

> '"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." ?
This too. 1 excellent programmer is better than 10 decent ones. Also, sometimes too many cooks.

SWARM STRONG
TONIGHT WE DINE

honestly this is the only reason I'm holding bitbay.
I think david is pretty legit.

(yeah wrong thread ... sorry)

People already have uber, fuck swt.

It's not just for uber you fucking mong. Also, decentralized.

>tfw being the big candlestick for the first time

Feels made it, man

THIS COIN IS SO FUCKING UGLY AND LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED BY A SHITSKIN PAJEET WHY ARE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS FALLS FOR THE MEME

/sigh they have VITALIK'S DAD on the board, hardly a meme.

Also lol you fucking autist, what fucking normie is going to care about the bloody graphic?

>trying to fud now
It's too late user. Main thrusters have already activated. This baby is going to the moon whether you want it to or not.

are you seriously going to fud against a coin that has VITALIK'S OWN FATHER on the board? you'll be damned for eternity

Nice user, hope you make bank. That being said I'm hoping for more volume, liquidity is so low on this token

comfy pic from twitter

>mfw I buy a crypto on Veeky Forums advice and it doesn't immediately floor for once
You guys are alright, don't buy crypto on August 1st

10 minutes to go

the only thing this baby's flooring on is the GAS
youtube.com/watch?v=gEzXL53cDT4

Boardwalk is going to be launched at the end of the stream.

T. MINUS 2 MINUTES AND COUNTING

WE HAVE LAUNCH, I REPEAT, WE HAVE LANCH

tits!

that presenter/SWT owner is definitely a fucking peedo
big red flags there

stop projecting you degenerate.. have some respect

how do i buy in?

Bittrex

Livestream here where they're explaining about Swarm: youtube.com/watch?v=hYiKlP-UnUg&feature=youtu.be

bittrex

try shapeshift.io

You're all either in on this or fucking retarded. R.I.P you will all soon be bagholders.

kek .. cope more buddy

>bagholders.
Of a >100 Million $ coin

I'm going to bet that I have enough ETH to buy your whole shitcoin portfolio 10 times over. Not sad I'm sidestepping the brown and yellow pajeet coin.

Sure mate, at least these guys have a fucking product, and one that could have a HUGE user base.

This is the MVP launch. A single hashtag to test the functionality. Doesn't the fact that they're doing it this way tell you something? Fucking idiots would have just sperged and thrown the whole thing out there and then had it fall over. Doing it in stages like this makes sense.

This stage is for investors and those interested, next will be when they open it up for any hashtag, then I presume a huge marketing blast to normies.

Fucking idiots in here throw all their money behind bitbeans and scamcoins, at least these dudes are trying to do something. One of my top 5 long holds.

tanking HARD now
lol bag holders
retards buying into a scam with a peedo as the CEO

tranny

Lmao what's the link to your discord you lousy fucking shills. This is pathetic.

lol the fud on this. Really mate? Sad you didn't get in early enough ey.

in to the trash

wow found the retard. swt got shilled for weeks here and other than for example dgb, it got shilled for a reason.
today the first milestone gets geleased and it will be the first part of getting "hardcore" normies into crypto.

don't buy if you don't believe in swt or crypto.. but please.. don't cry when it's too late.

no need to lie on biz.. your 0.1btc will be worth a lot in the future ;)

The product seems alright, but what teh FUCK is the point in the scammy token?
Does it give me dividends? NO IT DOESNT
So why would i buy this peice of shit token'?

Who the fuck is going to take their USD, buy bitcoin, then convert it into scam city tokens, so they can use this application?

They are doing this right. Great broadcast so far. Professional, clean, good talk.

To the moon. SWT not going any lower than the price it is now. Period.

I'd imagine you'll be able to by SWT straight with dollars through their service.

I mean come on now you can buy fucking RP on LoL straight out, yet idiots fudding here think people will haveto arse about going on bittrex, buying bitcoin, then buying swarm, then sending them to their wallet to use in the app etc, what retards.

Then what happened to DGB? Can you refresh my memory?

its tanking as we speak. fuck this shit im selling

It might work if they dont tell the hipster normie tards that they are using this token for a few years

The price should just be done in USD/EUR or whatever and the conversion gets done without them knowing
Until crypto is mainstream in 5 years

DGB wasn't actually launching anything you fucking retard, they were at a competition that they didn't win.

Not exactly "Bad" news, but you know how sweaty handed people are.

These guys are LAUNCHING A PRODUCT, stop trying to fud just so you can buy more cause you're a fuckwit and got in too late. I've been accumulating this for yonks.

That's called selling the news, idiot. I made 30% profit already and buying back in when it's finished dropping and ready to moon afterwards.

it's performing nice since I bought some for 113sat but still.. I don't think it will be a think in a year..

it won't be implement anywhere and some dgb-servers will be empty soon..
Honestly I'm waiting to sell my last coins, bc it WILL pump again... but theres no real long term potential

Don't really see it mattering. Sure don't go into the whole background of crypto, but normies are sat buying virtual "dust" on pokemon, and "coins" on all their random mobile apps and games. It's not like they're new to having to use digital currency for online services, especially mobile focused.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... what a joke this coin is

>muh replace uber
>muh replace lyft
>muh think our target audience, normal regular people, understand bitcoin or crypto let alone start buying our chuck-e-cheese money I MEAN swarm city tokens
>muh replace task rabbit
>muh replace postmates
>muh replace handy
>muh replace CRAIGSLIST
>muh "uber takes too much of the drivers money!" yet takes their money anyways regardless and offer no legal or financial liability that uber does
>muh total scam

seriously, you guys are idiots.

it's all about "hey chad... your findArideINlosangeles-hashtag was so nice on twitter.. wish we could make money out of of it"

"wow guys... you CAN ... just add it on swarm city"

G-guys we are taking off soon, right ?

You won't NEED to understand crypto you fucking idiot, of course they're not going to go full crypto autist on normies.

Simply all they need to do is focused on decentralised, peer to peer, people communicating with eachother (not tied to companies), able to buy, sell and trade whatever the fuck they want.

So what if they need a token? As mentioned people buy virtual currency all the damn time already. Just call it a bloody "token", don't need to even mention crypto.

Do you think normies care about all the mechanics behind how transfers are done now? People a few years ago would be like "ha ha who's going to arse about signing up on PayPal to use ebay".

this is how I imagine you in 2009:

>muh bitcoin
>muh magic internet money
>muh target audience, normal regular people, understand bitcoin let alone using it or buying it
>muh replace gold
>muh replace international wire transfer
>muh replace illegal marketplaces
>muh replace fiat
>muh "banks are crap" but they provide so much security and convencience
>muh bitcoin is total scam

seriously, you guys are idiots

>Shill calling everyone in board with a different opinion a 'fucking idiot.'

No one should buy this coin because the faggots trying to sell it don't give a fuck about you.

Prepare for the imminent dump.

Okay, who is this faggot. I'm out

kek ... bet you feel offended from this guy:

HAHAHAHAH you literally made that?

Trying this hard.

"Pajeet shitcoin" with literally Vitalik's dad on the board. Sure mate.

Alright whose the fucking idiot that said yesterday that this was going to moon today? I fucking told you to sell the news and you didn't fucking listen lmao. Fucking retard, how's it feel bagholding some Pajeet Uber clone.

>muh decentralization

Are you fucking stupid? Decentralization isn't always better you retard, ESPECIALLY for the service provider.

Uber/Lyft vet their drivers, offer insurance, and track the users by requiring a facebook that matches your credit card information. This makes both parties liable to each other and uber liable to both parties. THIS IS A GOOD THING YOU DUNCE.

What happens when some rapist posts "I need a ride" and waits for some young girl to respond? Then he pulls out a knife and tells her to pull over to the park where he rapes then kills her. Literally no one knows about this, there is no record, no GPS signals to help police solve the missing persons crime, etc.

The only thing swarm city would be good for is being a black market, and we see how well that worked out for silk road. Another reason why it's a fucking stupid idea is that the only way for swarm to be adopted would mean it would have to reach a critical mass in major cities, which is the complete opposite direction of being a black market because regular people don't want to be associated with that shit. So in that send they are literally compete with all the billion dollar silicon valley backed ventures and businesses.

Anyone investing in swarm is seriously fucking retarded. At least you can bullshit and lie with other coins to promote value, whereas with swarm you KNOW for a fact the idea is retarded and will fail

>muh decentralization
>muh black market
>muh FBI show up at my door anyway lol wtf

kill yourself.

so entertaining to see those idiot-fuds .. remember me of the 06/2016-ETH-times

R.I.P to your shit city coin