Senate Looking To Outlaw Bitcoin

You guys realize why ALL crypto markets are down, right?

>Cryptocurrency proponents are also worried about a bipartisan bill being introduced in the Senate by Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley and California Sen. Diane Feinstein called the Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Counterfeiting Act." Bitcoin.com called the bill a "pit bull assault on bitcoin freedom," because it would treat digital exchanges more like banks, subject to greater reporting requirements. The bill was introduced on May 25, but has not advanced to a vote.
zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-14/you-wont-believe-stupid-new-law-against-cash-and-bitcoin

grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/judiciary/upload/Money Laundering, 05-24-17, Bill Section-by-Section.pdf

Write and call your republican senators and urge them to block this garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.trezor.io/hide-your-trezor-wallets-with-multiple-passphrases-f2e0834026eb
sec.gov/news/press/2011/2011-221.htm
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/#charts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Make an anonymous cryptocurrency you don't physically posses illegal.

It's pure lip service. Besides, you know what happens to shit when the government starts a war on it: $$$

Otherwise people will just head to XMR and it can finally get the love it deserved.

>Make an anonymous cryptocurrency you don't physically posses
Do you think the government gives a shit? They will just make you surrender your assets and give the keys to any wallets you may have. If you don't, you get detained indefinitely.

By the way, the relevant section in the linked senate.gov document:

>Certain monetary instruments, referred to in Department of the Treasury regulations as prepaid access devices, and often referred to as stored value cards, are increasingly becoming effective mediums for criminals to hide and move funds across the border because they are more easily concealable than cash, and they are not covered by reporting requirements. Section 13 would amend 31 U.S.C. ยง 5312 to include funds stored in a digital format within the definition of monetary instruments. This would effectively subject those devices to anti-money laundering reporting requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act, in cases where the value stored is above$10,000.

>(((Feinstein)))
Every fucking time

actually this

It's futile. If you pass some bullshit laws against US exchanges then people will just use exchanges outside the US.

You can't force people to surrender their private keys, how the hell does the government know what 12 word seed phrase you may or may not have memorized?

It's simple

we kill the Feinstein

>how the hell does the government know what 12 word seed phrase you may or may not have memorized?

Even if the crypto ban can easily be circumvent, the damage it would do to the market would be immediate and fatal. Crypto would go right back to being an obscure payment method used by a handful of nerds and criminals.

(USER WAS V& FOR THIS POST)

You can create decoy wallets.

blog.trezor.io/hide-your-trezor-wallets-with-multiple-passphrases-f2e0834026eb

She's legit an alien

At least a lizard person

oh shit save me Veeky Forums

nope, just a jew

Luckily I don't live in that shithole

>bipartisan bill
Bipartisan bills are literally cancer. They only happen when both parties agree on how to fuck people over the most.

Or it would just be used by every country other than the US.

>oh shit save me Veeky Forums
Gov shill, you can't out jew a jew. She's a lizard; look at her features

Unless you can create infinitely-nestable decoys, it's pointless because authorities will know about the decoy feature and once they get your first password and don't find what they want, they'll come back asking for the "real" key, only more angrily

Same thing was the problem with truecrypt/veracrypt hidden volumes

Europe would follow suit in a heartbeat and all of the institutional money and interest would vanish. Total market cap would probably drop back under 1B.

>have millions of dollars
>tell people they can't carry a measly ten thousand dollars
>she probably spends ten thousand in one night

how can they prove you have the wallet?

Holy fucking shit the very fact that this old boomer hag and her cuck boomer friend know this much about Bitcoin and care about it enough to attempt to pass a law, you just KNOW her entire net worth is in fucking Bitcoin. Fuckin gov trying to legally steal bitcoin like the shit they pulled with silk road. Except now, they won't even need drugs and guns as an excuse, the very fact that someone possesses Bitcoin would brand him a money-laundering criminal who's Bitcoins MUST fall into the righteous government's hands. Americans are fucking pitiful in how much power they willingly surrender to the government. What a fucking sham.

They still have no way to extract that information out of you. Unless they start torturing citizens at which point there should be a violent overthrow of the government.

nah I think too many jews already got their shekels in crypto currency for it to be banned

Easy, we saw the money leaving your bank account and going into the account of a known offshore cryptocurrency exchange. You must have used it to buy bitcoins, now give us the keys or face contempt of court.

Dude, daddy drumpf will come after you and rape ur ass while u sleep if u keep saying stuff like that, shhhhshh

this totally isn't a insane dystopia

Oh please let the US ban cryptos. It buys us about 5 more years to accumulate while (((they))) get cheap bags and get all the normies out. Then after fiat crashes, other countries such as Russia, China and a few others by then would have a well established crypto currency networks and since US cannot bomb 0's and 1's they have to unban it, can cause a trillion dollars escaping the dollar, thus, skyrocketing the price 1000x at least.
>after (((they))) already accumulated while normies would be lucky if they even get 1 mBTC. Trust me, we will rule the world.

(((coincidence)))

They don't have to torture you, just leave you locked up indefinitely for contempt of court until you surrender your assets.

the aids-infested niggerdicks in county jail might be torturing your butthole, though. There won't be an overthrow of government because normal people won't care because hey, you're a criminal and that's what criminals get.

>it's a USposters think they're the centre of the universe episode
97% of the worlds Bitcoin is traded on Chinese exchanges, this would have literally zero effect on the market.

There should not be an overthrow, stop saying crazy shit

Don't exchanges require some form of identification? Wouldn't that be enough for them to come after you?

Bump

well, if you transferred the btc out of the exchange, then I don't see how they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the btc are still in your possession.

>he thinks this is a possible option
>hey officer, here's my wallet (hands 0.1 btc wallet) that's all I had
>meanwhile ledger nano with 218 eth sitting under my bed

This is why people shill shit on Veeky Forums, it's full of 2 digit IQ retards like this

>hey officer, here's my wallet (hands 0.1 btc wallet) that's all I had
Are you attempting to bribe a peace officer sir? Come with us.

>this is what cucks believe

>missing the point of handing a fake wallet completely
Stay BTFO

OY VEY

Shut it down!!

If you were to go grab a random person off the street, drug them and beat them while yelling "JUST TELL US YOUR CRYPTOCURRENCY KEYS!!" 99.9% of them would have no idea what you were talking about.

>they can hack my brain

Lol good luck getting my waves 12 word phrase pass.

I hope you're behind 7 proxies and VPNs because your ISP (and therefore the NSA and therefore your local law enforcement agency via parallel construction) knows you actively post on a cryptocurrency imageboard.

I'm on public wifi in a land far away from home.

you already posted about having a secret wallet, the government knows and won't be satisfied with seizing your 0.1 btc trap, they will force you to give up your 218 eth because you just told everyone about it

the government can also easily find out you bought a ledger nano from other sources

We have a angry nocoiner grandpa on the loose here on a Japanese anime board because his social security will be insolvent in 20 years.

Did you really think they'd let you get away with making so much money for nothing? Top kek, you really think the fiat masters will let you keep making thousands without giving them a cut?

Implying they won't plant cp on your PC and then jail you indefinitely until you give them the keys

Land of the fee home of the slave

>All these people ITT talking about "well they'll never even find my coins ahahaha"
Yeah hooray for you. If major western governments ban crypto you'll be hiding coins which aren't even worth the hardware wallet they're stored on. This legislation needs to be stopped.

>implying I actually have all that eth
>implying they will base expensive operations and warrants on anime imageboard LARPers
>implying I don't know this is low quality bait

lol this will be a success just like the (((War on Terror))) (((War on drugs))) (((war on poverty))).

when will these cunts learn

>plant cp
but by the time you give them the password she'll be 18.

>backtracking this hard because you know your post, IP, identity and associated metadata have been tagged, flagged and warehoused in NSA's utah datacentre indefinitely and you will be one of the first people raided when the US government shuts down Crypto

BTW help me shill this on /pol/

yeah because that worked with the internet and drugs, right? cocaine is banned, it's not worth anything!

when you're only 17 years old and predicting what a government is capable of in 10-20 years, just stop and go outside for a walk.

crypto is useless right now, but in theory it is more efficient for transactions than most forms of currency. if a western country doesn't use it, any opportunistic business or country will exploit that and take a huge shit on whoever is left behind. even if it does become mostly centralized and jewed up, even if it's not bitcoin, it's not a technology you can ban in any meaningful way.

>raided by US (((gov)))
>meanwhile on the other side of the world

you can't be a shill if you're not paid

Its the elite not allowing you to become rich because that would start to tip the scales. Cant have the peasants becoming kings. Elite will always hold power

>what is interpol
>what are extradition treaties

We wuz lambos and shit

You get paid as the price of your coin increases
Do I really need to spoonfeed everything to newfags?

>Feinstein
I wish that jewess would die already.

Why do people still believe Republicans care about person freedom? Who ushered in the DHS and TSA?

>Uhh sir, we have a warrant of arrest for ponzi playing and monopoly money laundering. You have to come with us

Get yourself hooked up to some byteball (free for btc hodlers)
Byteball.org

Cocaine has inherent value like food. Currency doesn't. Terrible analogy. The efficiency of crypto is irrelevant if 99.999% of the general public isn't willing to go near it because it's illegal. Furthermore, blockchain technology can easily be used by businessnes and companies in conjunction with the existing fiat currency structure.

>he actually thinks trading unlicensed securities isn't against the law
sweet summer child

by the way, since you hinted at being Portuguese:

sec.gov/news/press/2011/2011-221.htm

>inherent value
XD

you backpedaled for a second, then rationalized your trash argument with "because its illegal" again. you're a moron but i love you. "fiat currency structure" LMAO

Cocaine does have inherent value. You can snort it and get high. Currency does not unless you plan on burning it for warmth. What the fuck are you talking about?

>mfw going to jail for trading pokemon collectibles as a kid and mtg cards through childhood up to crypto coins as an adult

Yes, definitelly looking at 70 years to life

>i-it c-can't happen to me!
D E N I A L
E
N
I
A
L

Half of the people on here have so little in crypto it's not even taxable.
You're talking as if these are Madoff level schemes.

>Not buying a pre-paid visa card to buy crypto
>Not cashing out in cash

Looks just like Soros. What's up with their eyes??

>Diane Feinstein
>Feinstein
>stein
Found the problem.

You used VPN right?

Nocoiners desperation exceeding all limits.

This communist whore failed to confiscate my guns, she won't take my money away either.

He used mysterium

Damn did that go through my exit node? All that potential to be kidnapped by the US gov because of a troll

*takes away your freedom until you hand it over*
nothin personel m8 its just that i have a monopoly on violence you see being a state and all

I don't think it would become that obscure but I do believe it will go back to its libertarian roots. And I'm ok with that. Seed out the fucking normies and women. These are the same people who will eventually cry for daddy gov to regulate the markets.

Crypto started underground and it won't be a problem if it ends up underground once again. If anything, it will skyrocket various coins like XMR

>he doesn't mine to get seed money for crypto trading
its like you hate privacy and money

>see that you had a ledger nano shipped to you
>Well user we know you have one, cough it up

another jewish goblin smelled money and now it wants a piece of it.

its the same story throughout history, the eternal parasite profiting from the honest labor of the goyim, while it does nothing productive.

its funny how as soon as they smell money, the jews come crawling out of their holes to take their piece.

first it was the Bancor jews and now the duel-citizen israelis that run the US government are coming to get their share.

The sad part of it is that some of you are falling right into the trap by thinking the Bancor jews are going to make you rich, or that these new laws are a good thing will help to "legitimize" crypto.

>bancor jews

can you give me a tldr explanation of this? I remember everyone hating on bancor but can't remember why

>Lives in EU
>Watches from the fence how crypto is banned in the US
>Crypto goes down since it lost a quarter of the population using it
>BTC goes back to $20
>ETH $1
>XMR $0.2
>In the meantime US catches up and finds a way to trade crypto again
>Prices skyrocket even more than before
>EU user was prepared this time and buys a shit ton of the three coins
>Feelsgood

>Get yourself hooked up to some byteball (free for btc hodlers)
>Byteball.org

Oh wow. Free money. Thanks for the tip, user.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/#charts

Oh say can you seeeeee

the quick rundown is he hates them because theyre israeli. look at him hes a /pol/tard who wandered onto this board.

its tough to believe 'everyone was hating on bancor' when they had the most successful crowdfunding project ever

god I hate you fucking /pol/ posters

literally contribute nothing to the thread or discussion at all, all you can do is point out when someone has a jewish name. thanks a lot idiots! super helpful! so glad youre on Veeky Forums, you help make it a more diverse and multicultural place.

Not that I agree with him on the Jew aspect but Bancor was a pretty shitty scam. Well, not scam, per se. More like ploy.

They're just trying to turn crypto into fiat. You give them valuable assets and they give you back a shitty token. That's precisely the system crypto was designed to avoid, wasn't it?

What the fuck, what's the catch? This looks amazing yet nobody's talking about it?

is this a bot or something

perhaps

I'm a human who genuinely wasn't aware of byteball.

I don't know about the other posts.

It's probably just a (((coincidence))) that she's a Jew.

No, why?