I'm thinking of moving all my crypto into Monero and sitting the next few months out

I'm thinking of moving all my crypto into Monero and sitting the next few months out.

Thoughts on this strategy?

I just don't have the time to monitor all of the happenings right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/dgb/@ghostycc/digibyte-troll
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Coins like Monero, Litecoin, Dash, have already had their day.

Only Free Falling ahead.

Because of the bitcoin fork? As we have seen already, BTC tends to bring the entire market down. You would be better off just cashing out, or getting tether dollars.

Seems pretty stable (for crypto) ATM

Now is probably one of the better times to get in on it, it just hit a low in USD it hasn't had in a while and seems poised to jump up based on developments coming up

"Sitting the next few months out" is fine, doing so with your entire portfolio in one coin - especially monero - is retarded.

Come on, OP.

Just rearrange your portfolio into something like 20% BTC, 20% ETH, 20% XMR, 20% GNT, and 20% whatever the fuck alts you think look good and then take an e-vacation for a while. Come back and be happy with your gains.

If you don't have time to keep watching the markets all day, then monero is probably your best bet. Don't chuck everything into it though. Keep some BTC and keep some monero.

I'm taking a similar break op. These next couple months are going to be extremely volatile and I don't have the time or patience for it right now: I'll be parking a bunch in monero, litecoin, and a little in dash and steem. I'll also be holding on to a small amount of bitcoin in cold storage. The rest I'm turning to cash, ready to drop back in late August/september

>"Sitting the next few months out" is fine, doing so with your entire portfolio in one coin - especially monero - is retarded.

Huh, I guess my 1000% gains are retarded lmao

In any case, Monero is a tough call because it has sound technology, it's the best anonymous coin out there right now, but it has zero marketing and thus is extremely undervalued. If the new crypto investors educate themselves, Monero will soar, but until then, it's only going to enjoy moderate success because nobody knows about it compared to the memecoins that are being advertised.

Enjoy losing dem gainz
Monero will work as a safe haven for the most scared investors, but these ones hardly ever exist since they panic sell every time they see red, and fiat it's much more stable anyways, XMR will eventually follow BTC
If you have BTC at the time of the split you will get coins on both chains, I would just keep my money on BTC and sell the losing chain before it crashes into zero value

I'd be afraid of that dev running it into the ground out of "principle."

actually, after listening to that vlad interview I think he was just ahead of the curve of calling out vitalik for manipulation

Monero's only appeal was being anonymous for the deepwebs.

Verge already succeeded it and is dirt cheap. So put all your money on Verge than if you were considering putting it on monero.

But if you were me, you would just put it on DGB, becasue who the fuck needs deep web popularity, when DGB will become dominant in asia because of being the fastest alt coin with good security plus growing applications going towards it.

>fastest alt coin
source me on that one, amigo.

It's fast because no one uses it and thus it doesn't have scaling issues

(pic)
Oh yeah, because all the reports i read online of the transaction speed of DGB going to wallets are all a collective fud. Any future problem that could occur will be fixed anyway by the development team.

But XRP is already doing 1000txps so not really the fastest.

kek

>Any future problem that could occur will be fixed anyway by the development team
Yeah, just like Bitcoin's are
Stop shilling your shitcoin, it can't say shit about transaction times until it gets actual usage, Bitcoin was fast back in 2010 when the 24hr volume was in the hundreds of dollars
Just increasing the block size isn't anywhere close to be enough to sustain increasing transactions

Thats because it has a larger market cap.

And you need to consider the block timing

confirmation speed my friend.
Hit send, 15-30s later your buddy can confirm he got the coins.

just chill andd watch my dood. DGB is like a shonen mc, right when you think hes OP, he just gains more power to go along with the plot

lol

No but seriously, seeing as this coin has been spammed so much on Veeky Forums lately, I'll let you know.

This coin has multi-algo, it's great. However its particular implementation, taken from DigiByte, can be dangerous at low hash rates.

While Monero has a mining schedule similar to the original multi-algo, Myriad, Verge was pretty instamined as most of the coins were mined in the first couple of mionths (though that's still sadly better than most coins really.)

But now on to the main issue with Verge. It has absolutely zero privacy features in its code whatsoever. It is a standard utxo coin, and with taint analysis, anyone can link your address to your bank account, identity etc etc. just like BTC, LTC, Myriad, DGB. Zero advantage. Complete marketing bullshit.

Monero finvenkos

Jeez. Another scamcoin that copied Myriad getting advertised here.

The main issue with DigiByte is the very large premine and instamine they dont tell you about. Let me explain a little about how DGB came to be "the fastest coin"

Originally DGB was a premined LTC clone with 1m blocktime and no other features. In Aug 2014, they forked their coin, basically copy and pasting Myriadcoin's code. They accidentally copied Myriad's targetblocktime variable which was 30s at the time. Seeing as that's literally all you have to do to make your coin 'faster', the speed of DGB was doubled! And the inflation too, for 2 months.

2 months later DGB finally released a new fork wallet, apologizing for the "accidental instamine", and the new fork cut the rewards by 300%. Then DGB announced that they were receiving a "250,000USD investment" (in 2014, for altcoins, that was huge news). Then they changed all their websites, infographics, etc. to say DGB was "the first multi-algo coin."

So now you're wondering... you can just change the 'speed' and 'scalability' by changing a single variable. So why hasn't Bitcoin done that?! Well, the answer is that nobody can agree on what is a *safe* level of scaling. I would agree that Bitcoin is currently *too conservative* and this is due to a bunch of politicking bullshit. But on the other hand, for DGB to advertise themselves as the fastest coin, is so laughable. One. Line. Code. Change. That they claimed was a result of "partnering research with microsoft".

If you look at DGB's orphan rates, you will see that accepting DGBs with less than 40 confirmations is pretty damn risky. Another thing is DGB will have no full nodes in 2 years lol.

very interesting myriad fag. So what coins do rival Monero's anonymity thats really cheap and i can put a $1000 into? >inb4 myriad
steemit.com/dgb/@ghostycc/digibyte-troll

Read this and get BTFO

I think Monero is in a class of its own in that regard.

Sorry bro but you should have invested in Monero last year, as I can honestly tell you I do not know a single privacy coin besides Monero that isn't a scam. Maaaaybe Aeon. Its not a scam, kinda unique, dunno if it'll go anywhere though.

Myriad has no privacy features.

That article you linked is fucking hilarious:

>September 1st, 2014: MultiAlgo hardfork at block 145,000. DigiByte plans & successfully deploys its second hardfork to allow miners to mine on five independent mining algorithms & is the first digital currency to make such a move.

Copied and pasted from original DGB press release I see. Another example of why DGB is a scam.

> Copied and pasted from original DGB press release I see. Another example of why DGB is a scam.

Is the press release lying?
Is there fasle information in the blog post?
Please point it out if so. Otherwise STFU.

Guessing on the way you hate, I can tell which faggot you are / where in other threads.
It amazes me that you are sitting here on Veeky Forums, dedicated to shit on DGB whenever it gets mentioned.

My God digibyte investors are fucking retarded or blind or what?

> Copies Myriad's multi-algo with the exact same algorithms
> "DigiByte plans & successfully deploys its second hardfork to allow miners to mine on five independent mining algorithms & is the first digital currency to make such a move."

Jesus this guys bags must be really heavy to get that defensive. I'm sure DGB will get pumped on some fake news soon friend, then you can unload them bags.

>Huh, I guess my 1000% gains are retarded lmao
i dunno but you sure sound retarded

>Maaaaybe Aeon. Its not a scam, kinda unique, dunno if it'll go anywhere though.
The problem with Aeon it's that most privacy features are opt-in, which mark anyone who's using the privacy features
They also use a "weaker" version of CryptoNight, weaker in the sense that it would be easier to implement on ASIC's and that it's more advantageous to mine with GPU's, it isn't weaker security wise

I agree about the opt-in privacy.

About the weaker cryptonight, I haven't looked into Aeon's specific PoW, but I think Monero's current PoW is a problem.

It's the same reason why Bitcoiners laughed at Litecoin in 2011. Sure you can GPU mine it, but the memory requirements are so low that an ASIC would easily outperform a GPU. Worse, the cost of fabricating a Scrypt ASIC would be higher due to the memory, raising the barrier to entry into the market. The first to market with a lot of capital would be able to push out all of the GPU miners and gain a monopoly. We see today that Litecoin, while having an impressive hashrate, is very centralized.

Now let's take that example and apply it to Monero. It's actually worse off, as you're going to eventually get ASICs, but they will be very expensive.

By the sound of it, what Aeon's going for with the CPU/GPU/ASIC compromise, is not bad. Though I don't think you can contain that nice fair balance within the 1 PoW, hence the attractiveness of multi-algo. The Monero devs have said they will consider switching to cuckoo cycles PoW which might work too.

Litecoin is way less likely to take a hit than monero