>Egyptians are brown

>Libyans and Syrians are much lighter

Somebody tell me how there can still be serious debate about what the Ancient Egyptians were? At least the southern Egyptians should have a major East African (see Somalis, Nubians, and Amhara) background.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagg_El_Gamous
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no debate.

Egyptian Dynasties changed their Kingship to various different racial profiles. While I agree that general populace might have been an admixture of phenotypes thus Brown. The Ruler elites changed.

The earlier dynasties are difficult to pinpoint but middle dynasties before unification could have been Semitic in origin and thus Middle-eastern in complexion. After Nubian conquest, it would have been black for brief time while gradually eschewing towards brown.

Tell that to pol.

I'll just leave this here

Did it include samples from South Egypt?

"Admixture" is not the only way to become tanned you stupid fuck.
Ever heard of "convergent evolution"?

>muh pure race

Found the polack.

There is no subject less interesting than thever skin tone of Ancient Egyptions.

It's very interesting because it allows us to imagine more closely how things were. It's just that the debate is tainted by wewuzzers of all kinds that's all. I just really want to know how the past looked like, smelled etc.

OK if that's your interest in get that, I'm sorry I have just seen this debate so many times and often so incredibly stupid and antagonistic.

For my two cents I will say that in general populations change much more quickly culturally than genetically. So, the burden of proof is on anyone who wants to that the people don't look more or less the same. For a clear example of both you can look at the new world versus the Turkic invasion of Anatolia

Still don't understand how you think the Egyptians looked like. If I understand correctly it's a mystery because they portray themselves differently in different pictures and there are many signs of the color designating other things than actual skin color.

I'm saying they probably look more less like modern day Egyptians.

Whitey errwhere;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagg_El_Gamous

In North Egypt.

They might have depicted themselves as having a distinct skin color even though they were similar to any of the other people living near them. Like how the Nazis claimed that Germans were light skinned, blue eyed and blonde as opposed to the swarthy, asiatic Slavs - even though Russians or Poles have about as many blondes as Germans. Your learned identity can skew the way you see yourself.

So maybe Egyptians saw themselves as the center of the world so they depicted themselves as halfway between their neighbors, black Africans and other Mediterranean people, even though they looked almost the same as the latter.

Why? Modern day Egyptians refer to themselves as Arabs, there was a period of Arab dominance lasting for more than 1000 years. They look pretty much like Syrians or Iraqis and most of the things they know about their "ancestors" was discovered by western archaeologists. (Compare to Jews, Greeks or Persians who retained cultural knowledge, texts and self identification). It seems more like a lost ancient civilization than same people that went trough some changes.

That's why he mentioned Turks.

Turkics look like the people in Kazakhstan or the other West Asian countries, people from Turkey look nothing like that yet speak a Turkic language and claim Turkic heritage.

That's the same for Egyptians. The Egyptian culture evolved/was lost in favor of Arabic heritage and culture, yet the genetic make up is probably more or less the same.

ok, so Indo-Europeans seem to have some slightly different phenotype depending on where they went and what peoples they would assimilate, which is why we have blue eyed Germanics and some swarthier Greeks and Vedics, but they're all typically somewhere on the spectrum of being white.

But Afro-Asiatics seem to be a mix of full-on Negroes like Ethiopians, some awfully white-looking Phoenicians and other Jews, and then middle-of-the-road folks like Arabs and Egyptians.

What happened?

>evolution
A myth.

Noah had 3 sons.

Japheth's descendants settled in Europe and Asia.
Shem's descendants became the Semites in the Middle-East.
Ham's descendants became the darker skinned Africans.

Egyptians come from Mizraim.
The Negroes came from Cush.

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

N

SHIT

Regarding skin color I guess ancient Egypt was something like Brazil today: mostly brown with expressive white (mediterranean) and black minorities.
There's no reason to think there weren't a lot of black people in Egypt. It is geographic really close to the regions that black people have always inhabited.

Seeing how no top Egyptologist says the Egyptians were black... I think i'll take their word for it.

The "Sub-Saharan" component in Egyptians is actually mostly East African when it gets modeled properly.

Egyptians painted themselves exclusively with RED OCHRE

Well I mentioned that cultures can change dramatically and there are many more examples of invaders changing the culture of an area and becoming a new aristocracy than there are examples of all out genocide. The best example of the genocide storyline is the Americas but even here it is only the places that had marginal native populations that experienced full genocide. Areas like MesoAmerica and Peru experienced much more mixture than all out genocide. Most other invasions didn't have a significant genetic change another good example is southeast Asia which shares more genitically with east Asia but culturally they are often closer to South Asia.

>People are surprised that individuals who do no personal labor and stay in palaces are pale as fuck and white looking

>People are surprised that those who labor in the 14 hour day sun are darker in skin tone as they age

Oh holy shit everyone we've solved the Historical Problem!