Who is the worst leader in all of human history? I'm not talking about someone who had politics you didn't agree with...

Who is the worst leader in all of human history? I'm not talking about someone who had politics you didn't agree with, but in terms of ensuring the life and happiness of the people under their rule who fucked up the hardest?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_231_of_the_Treaty_of_Versailles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Communists.

Any particular Communist in mind?

Pol Pot of course, killing everyone who wore glasses is pretty batshit insane, it was so bad that the commies condemned him

Pol Pot is pretty shit, but he's not past Leopold. Pol Pot dropped his population by about a forth, Leopold cut his in half and the entire population of Africa around 10%.

He was a bad leader for the Africans

He was, however, a pretty good leader as a Belgian king goes. With limited power but a family and colonial fortune made in Africa - although it was made from horrible acts done by his officers and hired violence - he was able to build beautiful parks and subsidies cultural life in Brussels. Most of the royal domain of Laeken is here because of him

He was a capitalist and entrepreneur - even if not always a good one - stuck as a king. And he had the capital to pay for his ventures. He tried to buy mines in Argentina and Paraguay too, all of which were either bad or failures. That and many other failed ventures before the Congo.

But failed ventures were a pretty normal thing back then.

That and he needed MO MONEY FO DEM HOES

No pol pot was worse, at least leopold renovated brussels, at least it was out of negligence from his part, at least it was to drive production in a dystopian capitalist way. Pol Pot wanted to kill every single educated person in his country, and that included people who wore glasses according to him, He destroyed families and made vast swathes of land become uninhabited, these were people of his culture, who spoke his language, of which he formed part and he still decided to kill them for almost no reason. Leopold never set a foot in the free state, he had no connection with the congolese.
You have to be batshit insane and pure evil to do what Pol Pot did. You have to be a ruthless, unapologetic, negligent and malignant narcissist to do what Leopold did, but not pure evil like Pol Pot.

Was the belgian congo an anrcho capitalist paradise?

Nah.
But it is what you would get if you gave a lot of money and power to your average AnCap in a 19th century setting

Does the motivation for your horrible rule really make it better than a different horrible rule though? You could say it's more detestable to treat people you're close to that way, but ultimately if you're responsible for the deaths of millions of people in lands you control it doesn't really matter how close they were to you in language or blood. You're still pure evil either way.

>Leopold cut his in half and the entire population of Africa around 10%.

Yeah, but Congolese are literally subhumans (I'm not racist but you should really try to meet any, they're much worse than other Africans) and the whole colony was like a zoo
Meanwhile, Pol Pot pulled his retarded shit directly in his homeland

Well then
If act and not motivation are what matters then all those german guards and officers should have been executed for collaboration in the holocaust.
If it matters who gave the order because then that guy's responsible then you'll not reach Leopold because leopold never ordered the murder of so many people, he just had quotas that had to be achieved by whatever means possible. And the colonial officers were pretty much demons
Pol Pot did give the orders consciously, and believed it was right to do as he did.

It's sad that as far as I know we do not have records of what happened in Congo from the officers point of view. Writings, journals or anecdotes, most of the officers and company men who were in the Belgian Congo seem to have been forgotten by history, with History's eyes being only on Leopold.

The officers were surely demons, I wouldn't question that, but you have to realize also how ruthless as a country the Congo was. It wasn't called the dark heart of Africa for nothing, and geographically is basically a huge jungle toilet, full of rapids coming from the east and west, with heavy nearly impenetrable jungles to go through from the north and south

It's a deadly, litteral shit hole. It was easy to get your riverboat stuck in a place with angry natives looking at you - for these officers, the frustration of being in such a place, of maybe loosing what you, as a white mercenary officer, consider good men to illnesses in nigger lands, would surely explain the ruthlessness of their actions

It was like a huge hate fuck with money from the King at the end of it, capitalistic ambitions from entrepreneurs and collectors even who were looking for goodies to bring back in Europe (kinda like the British did during the punitive mission in Benin)

It was easy to imagine all of those people coming to the Congo and seeing the mess it was and going "it's already a shitshow, might as well profit from it as much as we can"

Dig deep and greedily

Mao

>depopulating Africa
Give me one reason why is that a bad thing

This. Mao was fucking dumb as shit.

As much as it pains me to say this

Ronald Reagan

Zhang Xianzhong was pretty fucked up

>The events surrounding Zhang Xianzhong's rule and afterwards devastated Sichuan, where he was said to have "engaged in one of the most hair-raising genocides in imperial history". Lurid stories of his killings and flayings were given in various accounts. According to Shu Bi (蜀碧), an 18th-century account of the massacre, after every slaughter, the heads were collected and placed in several big piles, while the hands were placed in other big piles, and the ears and noses in more piles, so that Zhang Xianzhong could keep count of his killings. In one incident, he is said to have organized an imperial examination ostensibly to recruit scholars for his administration, only to have all the candidates, which numbered many thousands, killed. In another, to give thanks for his recovery after an illness, he was said to have cut off the feet of many women. The severed feet were heaped in two piles with those of his favorite concubine, whose feet were unusually small, placed on top. These two piles of feet were then doused in oil and set alight to become what he called "heavenly candles".

>In November 1645, according to de Magalhães, Zhang, after hearing that "a huge and powerful army was coming against him", announced that "the people of his kingdom had a secret pact with the enemy and planned an uprising; because of this he was determined to kill all, leaving not one person alive". The Jesuits, who now "understood the evil of this man", reported that while they managed to save a few of their people who were taken, the rest were killed. Zhang's policy of terror increased in intensity, especially in 1646 after he had decided to abandon Sichuan. By then, Zhang's government had virtually disintegrated, all but three of his principal officials had either committed suicide or were executed.

Leopold's free market initiatives quintupled the GDP and he employed thousands of congo tribesmen as soldiers and enforcers

>If act and not motivation are what matters then all those german guards and officers should have been executed for collaboration in the holocaust.
You mean like Germany arresting people in their 90s because they spent two weeks as a guard at Auschwitz or whatever?

Leopold II didn't do anything wrong, the niggers deserved it

Vast majority didn't get any sentence

It's the fact of the matter that they'd be willing to do it in the first place that's absurd, whether or not they were actually sentenced.

>lots of people got rich

I guess that makes it ok.

Gommies in general.
Lets go with Stalin.

Unironically Adolf Hitler.

You're joking, right?

How fun was it to live in Germany '42-'45?

The war wasn't Hitler's fault

Very. All the communists, jews and other degenerates were finally taken care of

I'd say it's a tossup between Idi Amin and Pol Pot.

back to /pol/

?
A second world war was inevitable

Doesn't make it any less Hitler's fault. He did invade Poland despite warnings by Britain and France not to do it.

We should have declared war on Russia, not on Germany.

It wasn't. It's literally 100% Germany's fault.

Eh, I'd say it was about 50% Germany's fault for electing fucking Hitler and letting him run rampant, and 50% France's fault for imposing the Versailles shitshow and ruining any chance of lasting peace in Europe with it.

Versailles is an excellent example of why you should never let Frenchies do any kind of diplomacy, maybe if Wilson wasn't such a cuck and stayed in the LoN things might have gone differently.

I bet you also think the Holocaust never happened and that there is a massive jewish conspiracy out to kill the white man!

Versailles wasn't harsh enough. Or rather, it wasn't enforced enough.

I like to think the Holocaust happened

>t. pierre
Calling Germany the sole culprit for the Great War was willing retardation and French pettiness in written form. If anyone gets the blame for WWI, it's fucking Serbia with financing and equipping the assassins that killed Franz Ferdinand.

It should've been on both

suicidal

America should have used strategic superiority in the 1945-1949 period when they were the only ones with nukes to wipe communism off the face of the earth once and for all.

A lot more brutal, but certainly winnable.
And it would've saved a lot more people in the long run

>A lot more brutal, but certainly winnable.
How on Earth could we win that?
The Americans might not even join in that time

>Calling Germany the sole culprit for the Great War

t. Ignorant
Here's what the treaty said

>"The Allied and Associated Governments affirm and Germany accepts the responsibility of Germany and her allies for causing all the loss and damage to which the Allied and Associated Governments and their nationals have been subjected as a consequence of the war imposed upon them by the aggression of Germany and her allies."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_231_of_the_Treaty_of_Versailles

It says Germand AND HER ALLIES (A-H) are responsible for starting a war of aggression, which is perfectly true (as shown by pic related)

Soviets were the most exhausted, Allies had nukes and had the biggest strategical superiority

And the US would never allow Europe to fall under Communism and lose their biggest partners

France didn't impose the Versailles treaty's harshest points, that was the British and the Americans. The British were actually the ones who had the highest reparation claims at the Paris Peace Conference, both the Americans and the British allotted the Germans a substantially lower army size than the French were willing to allow, the American instituted Article 231, and the Americans were entirely onboard with all of the territorial changes.

The British just did a wonderful propaganda game by then promptly switching and supporting the Germans and blaming the French for everything, because the British are an inherently treacherous people.

We need to calculate the hands cut off per percentage of GDP growth.

For other examples of Pierre's pettiness check out the protocols on how German remains in France were treated.

>Industrialisation
>Defeated axis
>Second country to develop nuclear weapons
>killed a whole bunch of ukrainians
I'm finding it real hard to find something he did wrong

And as a result the country was destroyed

He's right though, if Versailles was enforced Hitler's rule would have stopped right when he tried to remilitarize the rhineland.

>Leopold cut his in half and the entire population of Africa around 10%.
Do you have anything to back up those numbers except for British propaganda?

>invade his neighbors
>The war wasn't Hitler's fault

I mean the war in its entirety, what the war became, etc

Germany would've destroyed Britain if they wouldn't have been attacked from all sides at once.

I met many and they were pretty nice

if you don't want to be attacked from all sides at once, don't declare war on all your neighbours at once

>wants rightful lands back that were stolen in Versailles
>gives the polish a deal that they can keep Danzig until they build their ports on the eastern coastline
>polish refuse
if the poles had been a bit less autistic and simply ceded the province rather than forcing the Germans to invade, we'd have a lot less bloodshed

BTFO

Did Nazi Germany reach a point of becoming the greatest empire of all time, even if it were for a short time?

sorry but that image just tells me you need to go back 2 plebbit

You could really go with any crackpot third world dictator. Post-colonial Africa is nothing but a parade of lunatics seeing who can out crazy the others.

He asked for an argument

Whites and blacks are competing races

>I have no answer
Thought as much.

They seem pretty cool to me...... dick

samefag

Wow what an argument im impressed

Adolf Hitler
>I found Berlin a city of brick and left it a city of rubble

I don't want to reply but the bait compels me to do so

>human history is a schoolyard game with a white team and a black team

That wouldn't be a bad analogy for one small aspect of human history

Keep in mind our history and their history is seperate.
We are distinct subspecies.

It's almost like that would make them an accessory to mass murder. Saying "boo how they're old now" doesn't make it okay.

all of them

That one president of Paraguay.

You know, the one that kind of started the war that lead to the loss of over 2/3 of his adult male population?

That one.

This shit never get old

>wants rightful lands back that were stolen in Versailles
>muh alsace

>Took Germany from the most powerful country in Europe to the fifth most powerful in Berlin

>Le revisionist face

Wait so at one point in time I could have lived in a country with a 1:3 ratio of males to South America latina qts..... y live

>paraguayans
>qts