Let me just get this out of the way, I believe this coin will be AT LEAST $5 by the end of the year. Now...

Let me just get this out of the way, I believe this coin will be AT LEAST $5 by the end of the year. Now, for the next few months it may remain stagnant so I'm considering selling so I can hop on these other coins still giving 10X profits. Does Veeky Forums think this is a smart idea or not? Got in at 15k sat btw so still doubled my money pretty much.

Other urls found in this thread:

explorer.ark.io/delegateMonitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Since you doubled your money, I would sell Ark for ETH and then buy more Ark once ETH hits $500-$600.

Regardless of what you do I'd still hold some ARK just in case mang

Which coins will give 10x?

Doge

I want you guys to do me a favor. I want you to visit the websites of a few legit coins that have legit technology, like xem, ant, lsk, ubq. And then go to arks website, and read it, and tell me how you can think this is anything other than a scam coin. They don't describe their product in depth, what their plan is, all they do is have fancy graphics, sell ark merchandise, and use buzzwords that ppl want to hear. They are super vague about what ark even does. This coin gives me a slimey feeling .

El oh el

ark bridges blockchains together

there i explained it to you in 4 words

but the ark website is very clear on what they are doing?

I'm hodling ARK but I have made $20k off of it. If you're impatient, half your stake, and use the other half to gamble.

ARK isn't gambling to me, and I'd rather not take the risk of letting it go as I have with other times in the past and my FOMO is greater than my desire to outpace ARK.

When I started, I was simply trying to outpace both BTC and ETH so I could get more before hodling those indefinitely... but as time has gone on and I have seen the strength of ARK I keep searching for that magic coin that is going to outpace it. I keep researching ICOs and coins that have new ideas and what not.

What I always find is that ARK is still lightyears ahead of them, and far cheaper.

So it behooves me to HODL.

Sure. There are coins that will inexplicably rise... the DGBs, the RDDs, even fucking DOGE. But as my investment grows I find that its far less risky to hodl a coin that I truly believe in.

ARK is that coin, and I have yet to see one that even comes close. I am invested because of the tech, the team, and the great pricepoint that I got in. I can't find anything better. Seriously. There is nothing that even comes close in those categories.

Just my 2 cents.

>They don't describe their product in depth, what their plan is

They have a full whitepaper along with articles about literally every aspect of Ark, what their goals are, and a roadmap with progress shown for each goal and what they still have left to work on.

Not sure what you're on about.

>ark bridges blockchains together

Do they mention HOW they do it? Is it some magic tech stuff or what?

Also what is the purpose of the coin itself?

Do you have to spend ark to use the ark system?

If so, then ark is just a middle man. Smart people cut out the middle man.

That's just it, anyone can link or bridge block chains together. Smartbridge literally isn't even a thing. Its like me tying two pieces of rope together and pretending like it's some new , revolutionary thing.

>what is an interface
>smart programmers cut out all interfaces and make everything tightly coupled

You're a retard

dunno but lead dev is the ex lisk lead dev so i have faith in the bridging tech

points 2-4 apply to pretty much every other coin floating around at the moment

>Its like me tying two pieces of rope together and pretending like it's some new , revolutionary thing.

Then go link blockchains together if it's so easy. Boom, you just outdid Ark

You didn't actually provide an argument.

You just Green texted and called me a retard.

At least contribute to the discussion user.

Ps answer my other questions please.

i guess their selling point is they want to make it very easy for anyone to do it, they keep banging on about consumer adoption

their wallet is sleek n sexy too. the sleekest n sexiest i've used

>ETH creates smart contracts

Do they mention HOW they do it? Is it some magic tech stuff or what?

Also what is the purpose of the coin itself?

Do you have to spend ethereum to use the ethereum system?

If so, then ethereum is just a middle man. Smart people cut out the middle man.

arks wallet is the best ive ever downloaded and its still like a version 1 beta shit

The fact u can just open it and not download shitloads of geek shit to use it is totally mint
They will have a mobile wallet soon as well

Quote of the Day
>Take risks now and do something bold. You won't regret it. Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla.

Way to mock me and not answer anything I asked.

Also fuck ethereum.

Ok let me explain it to you.

Ark acts as an interface from 1 one blockchain to another.

This is better than each blockchain making their own coupling to the other blockchains, because you would get 1:n interfaces for each of the n blockchains. Which is stupidly complex and a lof of work.

Your statement " Smart people cut out the middle man." is fucking retarded in an IT domain.

>Its like me tying two pieces of rope together and pretending like it's some new , revolutionary thing.

Yes, blockchain technology is literally that simple, you fucking retard.

Its just an extra data field in ark transactions that holds arbitrary data
This arbitrary data can trigger encoded listeners to do just about anything.
Think of Smartbridge as like a programming callback system

The concept itself IS very simple, if you've heard it explained.

Essentially, you are appending data onto a block that will be parsed along with the actual transaction details. This data, will exist on one blockchain, yet be interpreted by another to execute instructions.

It's simple yes. That's the elegance.

But the mass adoption and standardization is the tricky part.

This is why you see the ARK team networking with so many other dev teams. If you have done your research on just about every major ICO in the last 6 months, the ARK team has been involved. It could be as simple as hosting their AMA's or lending devs back and forth.

You cannot deny that WHEN (it's not an if anymore) this tech is adopted, ARK will be at the forefront of it.

They have the most active community. One of the biggest slack userbases of any coin. And their team is huge... and good.

This wallet really is great. No .wlt files to download and potentially lose

No .dat file either

He actually did provide an argument but you were too retarded to understand

When will ARK be free of the tyranny of the whales?

this. Best wallet I ever used, simple, sleek as fuck. No setup and very user friendly.

I just installed linux on my laptop with the intention of downloading ark client and transferring my coins from my desktop.

I loaded the wallet, entered the seed phrase, and literally in one second my wallet loaded.

This means goodbye to getting raped on shapeshift and changelly fees. That's the middleman thats getting cut the fuck out.

If this is the quality we can come to expect from the ark team, this board is going to end up very rich

To all the poorfags who want more Ark:

Remember to check the bounties available from the Ark team. They just gave 150 Ark to a guy for shilling on facebook and a few other social networks about it.

it may never be, but that tyranny will be reduced when it gets a more even distribution across multiple exchanges. Right now, I think 98% is hosted on Bittrex... this makes it a prime whale target.

Just getting added to Polo will do MANY things for this coin...

THATS the response I expected.

Good job user.

Now is the token a currency on the chain or is it consumed as fuel?

Can I pump and dump on a smaller scale? I just bought 650 ARK today. Could I realistically profit from the cycle by mimicing the whales' behavior or will I get destroyed by fees?

>Now is the token a currency on the chain or is it consumed as fuel?

This is what I would like to know as well

Lads, wont say amounts but Ark, Sia and Sys, if i hold these badboys am i a trillionaire?

fees are percentage based so if you time things right you can profit sure. I've gotten about .3 BTC today playing with the whale and 3700 ark.

This is called daytrading user and there is a 99.999999% chance you will be eaten alive.

Doubt I could manage it too with a full time job...time to HODL

He's right though.

Stay mad bitch.

>Why don't people just email pictures to each other instead of posting them on facebook, since facebook is an obvious middle man

Technically the encoded listener would still be like shapeshift, just more streamlined as you could just send the token straight from your wallet (assuming widespread adoption of smartbridge)

isn't there another coin attempting to do the same thing that's already like $15?
how do we know that coin won't kill Ark?(can't remember the name)

keep in mind I want Ark to be successful, holding a small bag right now and adding more to it as soon as possible

name the coin or you're just FUDing like a faggot.

That IS a good question, and one that isn't really clear on the website.

The best I can gather is that the token itself merely a means for crowdfunding, and it derives all of its value from that.

Their claim that they want their "platform" to be push-button deployable... meaning, they want any startup that desires their business model and their token to be able to fork it at the press of a button...

...the idea here is that any such fork would be intrinsically smartbridged to the ARK network of blockchains and only serve to expand it.

As for the value of the ARK token itself? I look at it more like a stock than any other coin. It's value will be derived from the widespread use of the tech.

So, I think it IS a currency. It is intended to be one. They even have point-of-sale applications in their roadmap.

But I will admit, I'm not clear on it and I may be wrong.

I've used Ark. It fucking works. You know what doesn't fucking work well? Bitbean. Shit sucks. Fuck you, user. KYS.

Most similar coin I can think of to ark is SHIFT and its cheaper than ark.

It's more like $6-7 if we're thinking of the same one.
Naming this coin is not beneficial to anyone who already knows about it and wants to accumulate.

>, the team

Tell me WHO in the team you're invested in besides Francois who is arguable the only credible one there

Everyone knows what BLOCKNET is you stupid faggot.

Then why is the market cap so low?

Agreed it is very sleek....and very sexy

>As for the value of the ARK token itself? I look at it more like a stock than any other coin. It's value will be derived from the widespread use of the tech.
>So, I think it IS a currency. It is intended to be one. They even have point-of-sale applications in their roadmap.

I'm fairly sure this is correct. Especially since "a coin meant to be spent" is a recurring statement on their site.

Also Ark is a better gamble than Blocknet because Francois has a bigger name in the community and they are doing WAY MORE to connect with up and coming crypto projects than Blocknet

Remember that bridging blockchains is less about tech and more about who you know

Call me when blocknet hosts other crypto AMA's on their slack channel or makes any head way actually making some friends in the community

Remember that I posted this: So i'm not an ark shill like the majority of ark posters

I can't remember the name but I think it has a blue logo that kind of looks like the ibm watson logo

it's been a steady $15 for a while now

the only real similarity I see is that they are both going to utilize IPFS to decentralize data storage

SHIFT is different in that that's it's entire focus. And it even gets more specific as their goal is to "decentralize the web"

I hodl SHIFT as well as ARK.

IMO these sub $2 sub 100mil coins that are utilizing IPFS are ALL gold and supremely undervalued.

because Ark is more promising

whats the big deal about IPFS?

Supposedly it's the next stage of the internet and it intended to replace HTTP because it has massive improvements.

Someone more tech-savvy than me should explain it though

it's basically the next iteration of the internet. it will replace https.

People don't understand how big of a thing we are involved in.

They say that this is like the dot com bubble but they don't understand why...

D E C E N T R A L I Z A T I O N

It is a total paradigm shift. Everything will change. It only starts with currency... next will be network security... data storage... the internet... etc.

This changes EVERYTHING.

Google 'Inter-Planetary File System' read up on it. It's the decentralized web... what SHIFT is talking about.

Datacenters and server clusters are going to be a thing of the past, really soon.

what other cryptos are pushing IPFS?

man i believe so much in Francois but his team are so dubious. there are too many 'entrepreneurs' on the team for me to go deep into ark

this. their team is full of potheads and if you watch the vid on their main page the rotund bearded dwarf guy barely seems to know what hes talking about, just spouting buzzwords.

made some good gains off ark but I think i'm going to stay away from it

speaking of shift I keep asking this in various threads but have yet to get an answer. I'm aware that it utilizes a DPoS similar to ark but I can't find anything displaying rankings. I've been considering trying to make a delegate.

i think this topic is really interesting, and im just asking this out of ignorance, but i just dont understand how decentralization canever be a thing. i dont see how it can ever be ass adopted. personally i love my privacy and im all for it, but he government would hate this idea. this makes it so much easier for things like silk road, cp, weapons, drugs, terrorists, piracy. i mean doesnt it? i dont see how this could ever fly.

The private central banking system is going to hate it as well. Which is basically the government's master i guess. This is why I am for it.

>thinks decentralization will never be a thing
>invests in crypto
Nigger what?

eth actually is garbage though.

there is a handful of them... siacoin, filecoin, shift, ark, etc.

The difference between ARK and them is that this is a side venture for ARK. I mean decentralization is their goal... its the goal of crypto as whole, barring bullshit fugazis like ripple that are tied heavily to centralized banking.

The value I see in ARK and SHIFT is that they have a relatively low supply, yet their coins are still really cheap.

IPFS in and of itself is a very BROAD and sweeping categorization of decentralized data storage.

You have to think about what that means. It's basically taking the principles of bitcoin, and applying it to the way we exchange and store information. That is a big thing.

Their are coins for online poker. There are coins for in-game currencies. There are coins for doing just about anything in any limited niche environment.

Then there are coins that are the backbone of teams that are developing new ways of decentralizing the world around us. ARK is one of them.

It's not the ONLY one, sure. But it's the ONLY one that has a 100 million supply, and is less than a dollar.

This is where I see the potential.

explorer.ark.io/delegateMonitor

Yes, I'm well aware of the ark delegate rankings just as everyone is, I'm talking about SHIFT's delegate rankings. I can't find it anywhere despite extensive searching.

Look at history. Decentralization didn't just spawn out of nowhere. It has been here. The primary core fundamental of decentralization exists as early as representative democracy and freedom.

You can have one dictator that controls all, subject to the corruption of money and power. Or you can have a million that share the power that that one would have had.

There has been one man in the history of the planet that IMO has made a good argument against this system: Adolf Hitler.

Ironically, he still saw the importance of decentralized currency and banking.

>There has been one man in the history of the planet that IMO has made a good argument against this system: Adolf Hitler.

/pol/ pls

Oh shut up with the nazi bullshit. Just because I've read mein kampf doesn't make me a nazi. I live in america, not western europe.

I didn't even say I supported him or anything. I'm just stating facts.

>Elon musk
>the guy who consistently marries gold diggers
He's pretty smart, but he's pretty stupid

I'm mostly invested in ARK because they have the best shills and the easiest wallet

Best shitcoin available desu

>best shills
>pothead asian retard calling people "cheeto dicks" in chat

K

I've been posting threads for weeks about ARK and what I've discovered is that no matter what, I'm going to sound like a shill.

People that have been here for more than a day have an extreme aversion to anything that could even resemble shilling.

People that have been here more than a week can recognize bullshit from a mile away and aren't even concerned.

He's talking about Veeky Forums. We are the shills.

Hitler and /pol/ are always right.

Also
>tfw holding ark and it hasn't even really taken off yet
feels good man

Vagina is a dangerous drug, we all fall victim to it. Well, except faggots.

Ark threads are generally different than blatant shill threads like bitbean or poz. Usually the discussion is more along the lines of holding forever not getting a quick 10x. Also the tech.

Well if you notice the generall pattern of ARK it explains everything.

>6k sats
>moons to 32k sats
>slow decline to 10k sats
>moons to 44k sats
>slow decline to 28k sats
>moons to 73k sats
>slow decline to 40k sats

that is the pattern this is gonna take. But if you understand that this shit all happens within a couple of months, you realize it is fucking gold. Chaos and volatility is happening all around ARK. BTC is surging, ETH is dropping. Next day, ETH is surging BTC is dropping. DGB is 10x, next day it's back to where it was... etc.

ARK remains steady. It remains a shelter in the storm. It's remains as what it's name implies: a safe haven in the middle of a violent flood.

You can't say that a coin "mooned" when it was introduced during a bubble. Basically everything mooned in the past month or so

I want to pick up some more. I just bought around 300 more today. idk where the price will be so I'm waiting to pick up some more. That said I do have a buy order in already in case it decides to dump some.

I'll concede to that... I used it pretty loosely as most people do nowadays.

If anything ARK has yet to moon

Don't bother, he doesn't understand programming concepts or is being purposefully obtuse to FUD/troll.

Can someone explain to me what "bridging other coins together" means? What is a practical example of a benefit from it? Let's say you "bridge" with ETH, now what? Why wouldn't I just use ETH?

Not fudding, honestly curious.

you can trigger smart contracts from any 'end' of the bridge

e.g. i can use ark tokens to trigger a smart contract on the ethereum blockchain.

One example of using Smartbridge is the transfer of payments through various blockchain networks. This allows users to send a transaction with a specific amount of ETH from ARK, directly to the holder of the ETH account, once the information is processed and verified. Other applications will eventually lead to the transfer of data for user profiles, service ratings, contracts, and other applications. The use cases really are endless.

Another use case could be a 3rd party coin exchange service may look for specific triggers and handle cross blockchain payments for their customers. For example, You have ARK but want to pay for a movie using Netflix Credits but you don’t have any Netflix Credits. You could go through multiple steps to transfer into these credits to watch a movie but because you are a member of Bob’s coinshift platform, you can send an ARK transaction to bob with the instructions to pay for the video you want to watch with Netflix Credits on your behalf. This would not require Bob to be there and would be handled by the Centralized and Decentralized system that Bob’s Coinshift provides instantly for the consumer.

If ARK succeeds with their plans, it will become the ultimate newbie crypto. Average Joe getting into crypto late 2018 would only need an ARK wallet to be able to automatically receive/send btc/eth/everything without having to manually go to exchanges.

ARK will BE the next ETH. And I will be a millionaire because I currently have $20k worth

I hope it isn't the next eth, because eth is dogshit. Bunch of hype over shit other blockchains can do. That and it hasn't actually produced anything of value.

>I still hold some because people keep buying it

You are right. ETH will fail, eventually.

what do you all think the price will be in a year or two?

>Average Joe getting into crypto late 2018 would only need an ARK wallet to be able to automatically receive/send btc/eth/everything without having to manually go to exchanges.

Holy fuck I hadn't considered this.

Ark is so solid, the one thing that concerns me (and others) is the team. There's like one or two solid members and the rest are "entrepreneurs," potheads, or hobbyists