The evidence for God is existence itself

The evidence for God is existence itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0
sciencemeetsreligion.org/physics/cosmic.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The evidence, that humans are fags who bother with a garbled concept of universal regulations, is existence itself.

>believing things based on evidence instead of having faith
terrible desu

Ok great.

Now what's the evidence for Jesus being the son of god or Muhammed being his prophet?

God as that which manifests being is already implied by being itself.

The fact that we are here implies a possibility of forces currently beyond our understanding, but it's quite a long leap to go from that to saying it's proof of the god of Abraham. The existence of the universe gives just as much evidence to the existence of (for example) the Hindu Trinity.

What is being?

A particle in De Sitter space? A field in De Sitter space?

Being is blip on perceptual systems, not universal occurence.

Rats in crawling through the cloak of Maya might find themselves Emperors and Paupers within time.

Have you ever considered that there is no such thing as a lack of existence. The universe has always been, just in different forms. It never began and it will never end.

Christ is simply that consciousness in perfect conformity with the Truth. He is the Son of God because he takes after his Father, as it were. Mary was "chosen" insofar as there were a set of obscure genetic and environmental factors that were just right to produce Jesus' degree of attainment. Mohammed, in his own way, glimpsed the truth and could not interpret it but through the lens of folklore, and so his revelation became Gabriel.

Being is not manifested in a single temporal event, but is sustained eternally. The fact that there can never not be "something" is precisely God.

Being is what is.

>The evidence for God is existence itself

Only if you define "god" in such a way that the statement is tautological. But of course that's not what you meant - you're implying some Christian bullshit, probably.

WHY DO POST A DEPICTION OF YHWH THOUGH?

YHWH IS NOT GOD, BUT A DJINNI/DEMON.

WHY DO YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS YOU ATTENTION WHORING FAGGOT

SHUT THE FUCK UP

God is the fact of being is not far removed from saying God is the fact of subjectivity, of the subject that is saying so. Christ became what he is precisely because he is speaking of the Self. People find comfort in his teachings because he's saying, what is important is not success in the world but that there is a world, what's important is not that you are Caesar but that you are a self, that you are greater than your suffering precisely because you have Self enough in you to suffer.

No arguments, no dialectic, no thesis but a general statement. Why is this in Veeky Forums?

>doesn't have enough background in the supposedly rigorous intellectual traditions he's appealing to to be able to argue from his own knowledge without having his hand held

>not reading the bible
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. 1 Peter 3:15

& Humanities strikes again

Like I'm just curious, it's cool if you're here just to shitpost, but why do people roll their eyes when they hear stuff like the OP? Why isn't stuff like this the most important thing to talk about?

Which god?

the one true christian god not any others

The one that is all of them.

Because shit like the OP has no interest in having a conversation.

They post from a position of supposed superiority to any and all arguments. There is nothing to be gained from this thread. Nothing said itt will convince OP that his post is fallacious and nothing OP says will convince anybody that disagrees with it that its not bullshit.

This thread and threads like it do nothing to spark any kind of interesting conversation or to learn anything.

If faith is a virtue, you should intentionally believe in the most impossible things so that you have the most faith. Believing in reasonable things is too easy.

Sounds like delusion desu

Faith is that the idea of God is sufficient. You either get it or you don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0

Atheists don't exist.

It's baked into the concepts, IF faith is a virtue, then lack of faith would be a vice.

I assure you I do exist. Who should I rely on to verify that, me or you?

Science has discovered that atheists do not exist.

"Atheism is psychologically impossible because of the way humans think" says Graham Lawton, an avowed atheist himself writing in the New Scientist. "They point to studies showing, for example, that even people who claim to be committed atheists tacitly hold religious beliefs".

In your case, you probably believe in evolutionism, naturalism and humanism.

>evolutionism
why do you deceitfully invent buzzwords to justify hatred?
I thought Christians were supposed to uphold the virtues of honesty and Love?
Could it be that Southern Baptists are not Christians?

but I don't believe in a god, or those things you listed as being gods or even to be vague substitutes for god, like some otherly mythologized things with an aura about them. They are concepts and god is also a concept, an incredibly complicated concept, a kind of singularity-as-concept, but by no means divine in itself as such.

This thread isn't for baby christards, can post in this bitch unless you're at least reading Kierkegaard.

Daily reminder that Christians, specifically-but-not-limited-to protestants are the cancer that is killing Veeky Forums.

We really need a theology board to get this pointless, awful, antagonistic, confirmation bias bullshit out of our threads. Veeky Forums has been completely overrun by retards that actually believe in a religion, like holy shit this is the 21st century nobody actually believes that shit anymore even your church leaders are just banking on the lie holy shit how can you be so dumb? It's because you've already put so much into it so you can't fathom that you were actually wrong the whole time.

Like holy shit, utterly ruined this board. Literally every. single. thread. with your bullshit

which God?

You know God exists.

You suppress that knowledge because you are in rebellion against Him. You hate God.

0/10 poor troll.

To suppress is Freudian. I am Jungian.

Manlet existence disproves God's existence though

>You know God exists. You suppress that knowledge because you are in rebellion against Him. You hate God.

You are a liar, you can't know what anyone thinks.
Good Christians aren't supposed to lie, you know, yet you lie every day on this board.
I guess you must be a shitty Protestant who only uses his religion to justify hating other human beings? Muslim tier.

"In 1993 Lee Strobel admitted that as an atheist, he was morally adrift but secretly wanted an anchor. In a personal interview with him, he told me he always knew God was real. He just suppressed that truth, knowing that admitting God's reality would require a change in lifestyle."

(Jonathan McKee, Connect: Real Relationships in a World of Isolation, [Zondervan, 2009], p. 67).

oh I'm not the troll here buddy, you are. Sure there might be some actual Christians, I mean I've seen stupidity and I know it exists so I know you idiots are out there, but really this is just another classic case of some trolls ruining a board by pretending to be retarded and making the actual retards think they're in good company.

As a man of reason, there is literally nothing more offensive to logic than the acceptance of a religion, and to go even further and argue that every other religion is wrong except for yours is the epitome of pride and stupidity.

I'm sure you know this, you're probably from /pol/, were told that Veeky Forums is /leftypol/ and proceeded to start spamming your /pol/ bullshit into our board. Just look at the fucking catalogue: race/genetics bullshit, fucking religious arguments, politically-fueled hate threads based in some modern prejudice, philosophy threads that all just boil down to capitalism vs everything else, it's fucking awful. Where are the actual threads about history? Fucking abandoned or empty, only thing that gets responses are /pol/ bait threads like this.

HOW FUCKING DARE you call ME the troll when you people perpetuate this cycle of absolutely atrocious posting? This is as bad as it gets, congrats the level of discourse has officially dropped to the point where /pol/ retards are in good company. Another board ruined by this retardation.

and what pisses me off most is that you're probably reading this with your hardened heart and just assume I'm so liberal or democrat or something you don't like and that's why I'm calling you out for having a pathetically low level of discourse, but I want you to know that honestly, I'm centrist as fuck and am turned off by the mere presence of the anti-intellectualism that has infested this board.

fuck man you ruined it. You fucking ruined the last decent board on Veeky Forums. God fucking damn you people, God fucking damn you.

>'As a man of reason'
>proceeds to show irrationality throughout his post

You're an edgy rebellious 12 year old going through his atheist phase. I understand, we were all there.

>one person's story is applicable to everybody

Are people really this hungry for (you)s that they resort to acting like a clown on a Mongolian hand-tapestry imageboard?

I seriously don't get the mentality.

you attracted actual Christians to this board what the fuck were you thinking? You've doomed us all. You think it's so fucking funny right now but you'll regret it when you get sick of these putrid, toxic religious debates and that's all there fucking is anymore because trolls like you pretending to be Christians just had to have your fucking giggles.

Science has shown that atheism is not real.

You can watch the video or remain ignorant.

why do Christians suddenly trust science?

Actually I tried to respond to people's points here:
without the typical christfag bullshit but no replies, Veeky Forums isn't some intellectual utopia defiled by religionchat, it's r/history: pepe boogaloo, fuck off already you chirping faggot

Why would I not? Science is on our side.

how is it more on your side than on Islam's side?

They learned the convincing power in debates so they evolved to imitate the buzzwords it like a cargo cult.

look you're probably laughing your ass off right now, but Christians are reading this thread, getting the impression that your baseless, shallow dependance on fallacious logic is a sign of confidence, and believing that they are therefore right even though they themselves can't actually support that claim. The belief that somebody smarter than them agrees with them and actually does have all the answers and is merely withholding his amazing arguments because we're "beneath him" or "not worth the time" or some other painfully smug response (that classic protestant smugness holy shit you sure know how to do the opposite of converting people and make everyone hate your fucking guts) is at the core of protestant denial. Every protestant believes that somebody smarter than them has all the answers. It's all in how they talk and reference things. "oh check out this website or article or this one guy that wrote this book look there's discourse look we're not actually retarded smart people are writing books I've never read these books but they've got books just like scientists do!"

Protestants delude themselves, and trolls like you just feed into that natural confirmation bias.

Please look up the word "Confirmation bias" I'm surprised there isn't a picture of Martin Luther in the dictionary next to it.

>"Christian apologetic author"
Gee I wonder why he is ideologically motivated to lie in order to undermine his opposing viewpoint?
No wonder you trot this out, you are dumb enough to think this validates your incorrect view.

you've already scared away the actual history buffs because these terrible troll threads are the only things that get responses anymore.

You know I'm right. It was all fun and games until it infected fucking everything and ruined fucking everything

praise tengri desu

"Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations)."

Another thread ruined by plebs on both sides who can't hack it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm just gonna let you have the last word so you can feel like you "won" and ebin trolled me. Go on, respond. I'm giving you a free (You) for all your effort in ruining my favorite board for a giggle.

I linked you 3 posts where I actually try to have a discussion. Are you soft

Love ya dude, but there are no more history buffs here than there are political scientists on /pol/.

there were, or at least they don't show themselves unless there's actually a good thread to post in.

But right now there's nothing. Just religion, capitalism, and whatever meme topic happens to be popular that day.

>As a man of reason, there is literally nothing more offensive to logic than the acceptance of a religion,
Fucking hell. Why do atheists keep complaining that they're portrayed as neckbearded, fedora wearing, pseudo intellectuals when you have people like this continuing to make posts like this. Yes, I'm sure you're a 'man of reason' and not exactly like pic related

Quantum instability adequately explains the origin of the universe without a "god".

The hyperspace in which the universe exists is eternal (how could it not be when time is an affect of being inside this universe?) but unstable. The result of that instability is new universes bubbling in and out of existence throughout hyperspace, one of which happens to be ours.

Logically, as time only exists within the universe, it can only appear finite from within but to an outside observer existing sans time may very well appear eternal. It all depends on your frame of reference.

>Quantum instability
No it doesn't because quantum instability is a physical property of the universe. You can't use a property that only exists within the universe to explain something outside it that caused it to expand.

Quantum. Quanta. Particles. Atoms. Atomists.

You're an Atomist and don't even know it.

>things exist, therefore it was an omniscient omnipotent omnibenevolent unembodied mind which intentionally made things exist
Weak, desu

God makes zero sense.

The creation having a Creator makes zero sense.

Does a painting having a painter make sense?
Does a building having a builder make sense?
Does a computer program having a programmer make sense?

Do you know we're not up to God's coding DNA yet? That we don't even understand it yet?

Do you have any concept how finely tuned for life this universe is? That if you changed the cosmological constant by 1 part in 10^123, that life could not exist?

Do you have any concept of how small 1 part in 10^123 actually is?

>God makes zero sense
>Hey guys have you heard of this theory that says we're all being simulated in a computer!
Atheists are perfectly fine with the idea of a creator as long as it is dressed up to not look like God. All reality being a simulation being run on an aliens computer? Interesting theory worth discussion. All reality being a creation of God? Obviously false!

>Does a painting having a painter make sense?
Where did the painters paintbrush come from?
>Duuuh magic creation!
Does that make sense?

Does an ocean having a painter make sense? It's the ocean, it's made of water, not paint. Does a mountain have a builder? Surely it springs forth from the earth under the influence of the earth itself. If the the painter puts little men inside his painting to look at the nice view from within, why would it offend the painter if they disliked the view? He chose to put them in there in the first place.

>Do you have any concept how finely tuned for life this universe is?
Is that why they have leap years?

Oh thats right, the earth is the centre of the universe and everything else revolves around it...

>Is that why they have leap years?
Years are a human construct to understand the flow of time. Not surprising they're imperfect.

It's so finely tuned that we suffocate and freeze within seconds when we exit the planet. Arguably God is a tardigrade since they don't seem to mind environments that kill us

>life that evolves on planet surface manages to survive on planet surface.
It's a miracle!

So the Universe doesn't sound that finely tuned for us all of a sudden

God doesn't believe in atheists.

...tee hee

It's finely tuned enough for such a thing as life to emerge in the first place.

Correct

Some form of destiny is real, but most religion only gets part of the truth, if any, correct - I've come to believe religion attempts to turn miracles into politics.

Why isn't it better tuned so life emerges in more places?

>what are extremophiles

as in, where the conditions are right, life is everywhere. but more to your philosophical point, subjectivity needs to only happen once to be eternally justified in itself. If you dispute this, I can just say the rarity of life makes it more precious

Very well.
Please define existence.

But the point that the universe is tuned to life is still soundly refuted. Life is tuned to the Universe, and only when very specific rare conditions are met.

That which is. God is that which is because he is the very fact of that is-ness, the rest of organized religion is just arguing about the details. God is the space in which there is anything to speak of.

No, that life adapts to the universe does not mean life as such does not exist. The universe is one thing, life is as determined to exist one way or another as the fact that a triangle is that which has three sides.

Every thread, you dweeb.

Can't argue with circular logic. It's too well-rounded.

Consciousness is tautological, congrats, you just redpilled yourself. No determinate concept can capture the immediacy of experience. In order for the determinate to be determinate there must necessarily be an indeterminate.

We have no data at all to support this claim.

Wrong.

Are you saying the laws of nature don't apply to life?

At best it proves the existence of a divine craftsman. But you are using this thread to peddle your Christianity bullshit aren't you?

You don't even understand what 'finely tuned' means. Hint: It actually doesn't mean the entire universe is an environment fit for human life. It means that the physical laws which govern the universe can create a place where human life can exist. Earth.

sciencemeetsreligion.org/physics/cosmic.php

Read that. Those are the finely tuned aspects of our reality that allow life to exist. The fact that you can't exist outside Earth is irrelevant, it's the fact that a planet like Earth can exist at all which is the issue

I'm saying we have absolutely no basis to believe life is inevitable or "determined to exist"

It's quite convenient for the pro-religious to talk about "religion versus science" and then throw out a few examples that supposedly show that, oh no, the Church was never really anti-science. In fact, it would be more accurate to say that historically the Church was anti- most schools of thought that undermined or challenged its own assumptions and assertions, constituting them as "heresies" of one sort or another and persecuting and prosecuting people accordingly. The is what the infamous Inquisitions were all about.

Your logic is horribly twisted. You're like someone who finds mold on an orange and proceeds to marvel at the miraculous conditions that made the orange suitable for mold.
Life adapted to nature's laws and life adapted to the Earth. You have absolutely no possible knowledge that different conditions would not have facilitated some form of life

It is determined to exist by the very physical laws that allow it to exist. You have no ground to say what is or is not inevitable. Life's already here.

The physical laws don't allow anything. It's life itself that has allowed itself to exist through adaptation

Life does not adapt to fundamental constants you twit. Life emerges out of a vast network of simple particles obeying simple laws of behavior.