Housing in Canada

Why do we even move out of our parents' house anymore? It's not like we can actually afford to buy a house of our own anywhere in a Canadian city. Half the people that do plan on not having children to get by. Not sustainable.

Other urls found in this thread:

montrealgazette.com/business/local-business/real-estate/montreal-home-price-index-matches-all-time-high
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Canada&country2=Canada&city1=Victoria&city2=Montreal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>living in cities

Me chink, me buy houses with cash. White devil go away, we own your town now, thank you.

Pretty much, but there aren't any jobs outside of cities, so there is no point in leaving.

Whens this bubbly gonna burst. I'm 23 living at home in a decently sized Ontario city. I need this shit to burst so I can buy a house with my mad crypto gains and rent it out. My parents bought our house 10 years ago for 270k, and this shit is worth over 500k now. How the fuck am I supposed to afford a house?

There is no economic growth outside of the cities. No jobs at all.
You're not. Just put an addition on your folks' house.

>He doesn't livd rurally! Kek

I live in Vancouver, same age as you but my parents house is now worth 1.2 mil, was probably bought for a similar amount 30 years ago. Can't even afford a tiny bachelors apartment.

Doesn't know that If you work for a nation wide company but work outside of cities they will pay you on the same "step" or "band" as the cucks that live in the city

What do you do for work fuckface?
Why the fuck is there such massive stigma about living at home if no one can afford to move out? Is everyone just pretending that they're nog living at home or getting money from mommie?

Doing what fuckhead? What the fuck do you do outside of cities other than farming and tourism?

Bank manager for a small/medium bank. I get paid the same wage as a faggot that lives in an over populated city. My house cost a fraction of what theirs did plus
>Dat 5 min drive to work

See

have you looked mayte?

let's be honest its just cos you want to stay in your little metropolitan life that you dont want to move away into a more regional area where jobs are needed.

It's old generations that create the stigma. They don't understand why younger gen won't leave their nest in mid 20s, just like they did. But things have changed, bubbles will bub...

What the fuck are banks for? I ebank everything. The only thing I do at the bank is get new cards. Ruralfags don't need banks.Do you live in Canada?
Fuck off aussie. There are literally no dev jobs outside of cities, and everyone is banning telecommuting. It's over.

nah they're working full-time so they can pay rent to mr shekelburg and pat themselves on the back for being "independent"

work from home of course

Doing what? Telecommuting is being phased out.

Could've made enough off cypto to have chance at getting a house
I screwed it all up

I live in an Anglo/euro country.
There will always been bank tellers/loan officers... And they will always need a line manager
I grew up in a large city and got our young. My only regret is not buying a house but then again I couldn't afford one at that age.

The biggest attitude problem I run into is people saying
>Kekeke no jobs outside this city
>Meanwhile I'll work a slave labour wage job paying rent
News flash faggot, you can earn that same wage slave job in a small town and actually get ahead.

really ? i haven't noticed that. I guess if you really wanted to work remotely you could freelance or set up your own dev business, depends on what you want desu. obviously has its own challenges but more than possible.

>News flash faggot, you can earn that same wage slave job in a small town and actually get ahead.

You literally can't though. Even shit towns have houses at like 250,000 CAD, with salaries of like 30k. Now, there's the village option, sinking down to like 50k for a house, but there are literally no jobs in those towns. No economic activity at all.

I'm not wage slaving either. I haven't worked since 2012, have no debt, and am /comfy/ being a student in my family's house.

If moving to the country were actually smart, people would be doing it by the millions. Everyone has internet access too, faggot. Don't think you're some kind of genius with privileged information.
How old are you? You sound like you have 0 work experience in software. I am literally working for free as an intern right now. That's what "freelancing" amounts to, fuckhead.

you're definitely trolling, right? from your posts you are someone who defs hasn't gone regionally/rurally and don't appreciate the job/technical skills shortage those areas have. same situation applies in ausfagland or maplesyrupland.

what do you do for work? IT/dev? have you looked around all the various regional centers? have you emailed businesses/branches of national centers asking for work? or are you actively trying to make it a point in your mind that 'there is nothing out there other than in the BIG CITY for me to develop both personally and professionally', so you can try to justify yourself that life is really harder than it is.

also how does it show im from aus? this is news to me

Just keep saying:
>It can't
>It won't
>I can't
I'll have little to no competition for my job (I have ZERO qualifications) and continue to live an amazing life style with a high wage for my area meaning I live in a top tier suburb.

Stay cucked faggot.

There's this place called Indeed.com where you search for jobs. People with internet access know about it. 90% of all dev jobs are in Vancouver in BC. There is absolutely no need for developers in rural areas.

Bank tellers get paid nothing, especially compared to devs, and if a town is big enough to have a bank, it's big enough to have 300,000 CAD homes.

Post wage and city you moron. Do you actually own property? Do you have a gf?

>Hey goy you should buy BTC at $0.05 a coin
Fuck that if it were smart everyone would do it
>BTC hits $3000 a coin
Eat your own shit mate.

$85k + bonus.
No I won't.
Wife and one boy.
Wife's family own a 3500 acre farm she is inline to inherit, plus because she is from the country she hates niggers and is based as fuck

>I don't care you will call BS, its all true.

sounds like you're just shit at your job and have an attitude problem. no wonder you can't find gainful work.

Oh so your solution is to marry rich. What a great solution.

How much did your house cost?

Dude, I work /for free/, and I'm not looking for gainful work because I'm a fucking full time student.

I am thinking about after grad. Projected salary is 55,000 CAD. Never spend more than 4x your salary for a house, so I can't afford to live in my city. Future wife will make less than me, because women refuse to marry down, so I'm still priced out.

>Cherry picked my response.
No
I live in a house worth millions in Canada, literally millions.
It cost 435k, 2Ha of land 4 bed 2 bath with views of mountains and lakes etc, 5 mins from work
I live the fucking life here, but because it isn't posted on your kikebook or twatt feed you don't think it exsists.

See

I'll be honest, not in IT myself but:

Self-employed/small/med/large businesses, schools, public sector areas, management services, all need programming/developing help right? I'm absolutely SURE there is a need for developers. The jobs can't ALL be in vancouver, and if so, where is the other 10% based?

Also, if we're talking from a job and living in the big city standpoint, then why dont you upskill yourself to a job/qualifications that's currently(or will be) in demand? You seem to try to want the world to work for you, when in fact it's a mix of meeting halfway with your expectations and the current Vancouver situation.

also mate, you have to also realise as well - with some jobs, sure it might seem like you're earning less than if you had the same job in the city - but there are non-monetary benefits, and also the cost of living to think about. living ina regional town will be much cheaper than living in vancouver, = faster time to buying that house of yours.

it's all about adaptation.

learn french and move to montreal
it's the only affordable city in canada
a house in saskatoon costs more than in a city of 2 million

there's a lot of financial tips and tricks, and workarounds, to help you get where you want. 'never spend more than 4x your salary for a house' - these aren't all hard and fast rules. it's more so how much you can save up, what kind of loan/mortgage you can find, finding a good deal on this ie. compound interest etc etc.

wtf m8 'future wife will make less than me because thats what women do' well yeah, if thats your negative attitude about it, thats essentially what you'll be going for. dont be afraid to strive for the woman you want. i know lady doctors who have married male nurses. its all about love baby

Is it really that bad outside of Montreal?

>It cost 435k

Lol so it's as expensive as a house in the city. There's no way you could afford that on 85k unless your wife makes a lot of money. You married rich. Not a plan for the rest of us.

Stop acting like you're good with money.

4 x 85k = 340k, so you're either house poor or your wife works full time.

Also your house has apparently quintupled in value since you bought it. I'm starting to smell Boomer/GenX here.
>I'll be honest, not in IT myself but:
>I'll be honest, I'm talking out of my ass and I'm clueless but:

>Self-employed/small/med/large businesses, schools, public sector areas, management services, all need programming/developing help right?

No. They buy software from the Big 4 and never even see developers in person.

>I'm absolutely SURE there is a need for developers.

Ignorant fucktard. Are you sure you're not American.

The other 10% are in Victoria and the eastern Lower Wasteland. I live in Victoria.

They have the same disease. There is barely any difference, and wages are lower anyway.

montrealgazette.com/business/local-business/real-estate/montreal-home-price-index-matches-all-time-high

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Canada&country2=Canada&city1=Victoria&city2=Montreal

>its all about love baby

You really think you can just force any meme into reality.

Idiot. Filtered.

Top kek
We don't have HHI/HHD ratios here

Also, born 86'

Same opportunity now as there was then.

Borderline GenX (cutoff is 85) and you married rich. Gratz on being lucky.

hahaha i love the rage in this post. it just shows you what a kid student who has no knowledge of the real world really thinks. i was once there too, tear

hope this post goes through unfiltered

alright buddy continue being a NEET
people will always need a developer on-site or at least close - hence regional centers

but sure if you actively don't want to heed any of our advice why did you even ask it? lol good luck

>no one works smart or hard
>only gets lucky
stay bitter and poor