What's the deal with the Lindybeige meme...

What's the deal with the Lindybeige meme? As soon as somebody mentions medieval France and/or England there are at least a few responses of >lindybeige

As far as I know he's just a YouTube 'historian', and I've looked it up but there appears to be no real reason ignore behind it.

It's part of his shtick, being a stereotypical frog hating bong.

Veeky Forums is a board on Veeky Forums and therefore autistic.

Oh

And that's it?

We hate him because he reminds us of ourselves

what is he pointing at

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>british naval guns on Malta could lanuch projectiles into space

>castles were defended by three soldiers
His video on fortifications is good, he pointed out how a low garrison is more beneficial, and that a complete skeleton crew would be all that's required during peacetime.
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
Actually he only said the English didn't lose. Still retarded though.

>castles were only defended by three soldiers
Whatever the truth of the claim about the claim; I was doing some reading on castles in Wales and some of them were defended by very small garrisons.

Remember that most of Veeky Forums is snotty teenagers whose only references are youtube videos. So as "just" a youtube "historian" he's naturally going to be discussed far more than really makes sense.

Agreed. I had never heard of the fucker until Veeky Forums.

Why these kids can't pick up a book rather than watching some Youtuber I'll never know.

Fugg, even Wikipedia (shit as it is) is better than Youtubers if you just want to learn some basic history.

>I've wasted an inordinate amount of my life watching Lindybeige on Youtube.

they're simply the frog and bosch having a tizz, carry on

ITT: Redditors that need to lurkmoar

Well, Veeky Forums is a frenchphile board, so.

obvious bait op don't take this guy seriously watch some of lindy beiges videos he is pretty reasonable

SEMI reasonable on topics that don't involve Bongs or Frogs.

this. fucking reddit fucks get out of my board REEEEEE

classic bait
he never claimed half of these things

>everybody that doesn't understand every inside joke after having been on Veeky Forums for a long time and even looking it up is from reddit

The sheer autism fucking hurts

He's gone out of his way many times to shit on France as much as possible and jerk off British history as much as possible.

>claiming the bren gun is better than the mg42

Could someone explain to me his reasoning for altering the collars of his shirts?

i love this meme as its 100% true. fucking britbong autist.

Makes you think he's some kind of professor or intellectual professional when really he's just
>A
>FUCKING
>DANCE TEACHER

Autism. I know hurr muh autism is a meme on Veeky Forums but its true in this case.

After Napoleon France was shit and it's still shit.

>Makes you think he's some kind of professor or intellectual professional
How would rounding off the collars of his shirt give that impression? It's not like there's some stereotype about academics wearing shirts with weird collars.

He just does it because he's weird and has a serious Victoria-era fetish. Altering his collar and wearing it up like that sort of approximates the visuals of stand-up collars from that era.

Don't pretend he doesn't go for the "slightly nutty and disheveled professor" look

He's an entertainer who brings up interesting subjects. I had no idea what a super recognizer was before he talked about it.

Lindybeige threatens loser NEETs who can't function in society

Probably, but I don't see how the weird collars would have anything specifically to do with looking like an academic. As far as I know, college professors aren't known for wearing stand-up, rounded-off collars. I don't think anyone besides him is nowadays. If he was deliberately trying to make it seem like he was a college professor, he'd probably be wearing a tweed jacket or something like that.

It's jut because he's trying look old-fashioned.

As it should be

>stand-up, rounded-off collars
What, like grandpa collars?

S P A N D A U
P
A
N
D
A
U

I'm pretty sure its meant as a joke most of the time. Sort of fulfilling the British rivalry with France bit with a small quip here and there

just some literally who no one cares about

Noice

Kys bog

Did a frog just croak at me?

>100% taken out of context

They don't have collars at all.

Veeky Forums is just starved for original content, so a few shitposters resort to forcing memes about Youtubers. Before this you had constant John Green shitposting. It's probably the same few anons in both cases.

as a squad automatic weapon/light machinegun, Vz.26 (and it's derivatives, such as the Bren), is in fact better than MG.
as a heavy emplaced machinegun, Brits had the Vickers (obsolete and heavy), but in this role, Bren lacks the firepower necessary.

MG-42 can do both roles (while not necessarily better in either of these roles), which makes it arguably a better machinegun, but it had it's own problems (too high rate of fire being the main one).

>Then why did they got rid of Brens, while MG family is still used?
with introduction of assault rifles, LMGs stopped being relevant, since every infantryman was effectively also a light machine gunner, which is why everyone gradually got rid of LMGs altogether (more or less)
and with mobile warfare, you had no need to mow down waves after waves of charging infantry, so massive "heavy" tripod/tetrapod mounted machinguns (now usually classified as "medium", not to be confused with heavy machineguns, such as DShK) were not needed, and everyone got rid of them as well
both got replaced with lighter "medium" (=general purpose) MGs, such as MG-3

comparing these 2 guns from 2 different categories is like asking which car is better, Humvee or Porsche 911?