Is it worth it to go into medical?

Is it worth it to go into medical?

I was heading for that, but I decided to get into a physics/engineering combo. Med has extreme hours, lots of learning things by heart, and is generally one of the least fun STEM-ish things out there. Besides, starting your own company down the line and becoming your own boss doesn't seem that likely.

No

t. Medfag

What coin is medical, is it a new ICO?

Can you elaborate brother, I'm stressing over this shit lol.
Not a coin senpai
Eehhhhh

Are you prepared to stay at Uni for 12 hours? Read through tons of books and learn every single thing by heart? Study non-stop? Medical isn't "hard" because you need to understand complex concepts, but it's hard because of the seer amount of stuff you have to do.

You posted this on Veeky Forums so I assume you want to start a medical company some day, but by becoming just another doctor you won't be able to do that. Unless you're extremely well off. Going into engineering, then doing a bio-post-grad and going into artificial limbs would be better.

just trade crypto, you dumb nocoiner

You're basically a slave, but the career prospects are guaranteed.

Depends what you want to do in medical. Nursing is good money, easyish school and if you go in the right field it can be easy.
Higher up PA, NP, MD. Its all school and thats it. It fucking sucks. I'm in PA have a job already set up for me when graduate, 90k starting 7 on 7 off. Medicine is the best place of work imo.

I'm a student.
Unless you can be at the top, it's not going to be lucrative. But you will work just as hard. My advice. Go get an engineering degree as cheaply as you can, the go into industry or get a PhD. Or go into finance. Only if can't see yourself doing anything else, do it, if you can Don't do medicine. The debt is high, the training is unforgiving and long, and the payoff comes too little too late. Enjoy your life

>tfw 25
>wish I had the grades/motivation to want to be a surgeon when I was younger
>obv way too late now

oh well

I agree, started off as a Paramedic in Georgia. I'm still a wageslave but I own my own house and I'm in school. Medical is guaranteed stability.

Classical economics says no. Right now in the present, it is a good time to be a doc. You have a large aging demographic. Boomers are getting old, and they are unhealthy. Melenials and whatever the gen that comes after are born into a world that is more health conscious, and less numerous. We are also at a point where we are trying to plug the flow of imagrants. We will probably see a slight stagnation in population if not a decline. At this moment medicine is having unparalleled growth. Lots of people going into it. I think it will be a struggle to be competitive in the long term, sort of how lawyers are struggling currently. If you become a good doctor (go to a meme school, and put out research), yes you can be competitive later on, however, that is the same for any career path.

Never to late user. Have people in various medical programs in there 40's starting.

Also, what is your ROI? What will medicine cost you to get into, how much time will be spent on it? What are your long term goals? If medicine is a passion, then go into it. If you're looking for money, or stability seriously go into a trade like welding or HVAC. High demand, low population of trades men

I'm considering PA school, how did you pay for it? Loans or scholarship? I'm thinking about getting the military to pay for me

Classical economics doesn't always apply to medicine though. Medicare will slash the reimbursement of highly utilized codes which will be old people procedures

Good on you man. You guys deserve to get paid a shit ton more for the work ya do. Your organizations need to get their shit together.

not if your goal is to make money. obamacare killed off a lot of private practices (this is assuming you are in the US, can't speak for other countries )

Thanks user, I agree we don't get paid well for what we do so that's another motivation to move up, contract nurses and NP, PA , CRNA all make decent and have quality life and shorter ROI. Future MD's do your homework and understand what you are committing to. 4 years pre med 4 years of medschol and 3-5 years residency and possibly longer doing fellowship while potentially racking up 250-500k in debt and student loans. I know a few docs who just pay the minimum and treat it like a second mortgage. You have to be passionate about medicine at that point

Through loans. Gonna be 110k in the end. But I will move back with parents for a year and pay that shit off asap.

>M.D. in a 3rd world shithole
>Get paid the equivalent of $4.50 USD / hour

Well, at least I'm investing everything into pic related and on my way to lamboland!

>Spend 15 years studying and practicing under different apprenticeships with extreme stress every single day for a dying industry with risk of malpractice suits
OR
>Drop a month's paycheck into random shitcoins, play vidya for a year, and retire with more money than you could ever spend

If you had put just $10,000 into ETH in September 2016, you could be a billionaire right now.

Let that sink in.

This. You're a house n*****. You are expected to be available 24/7 as rich people demand it, and you will never be free. But you're treated well, you'll drive a nice car, etc.

Why'd you pick p.a over m.d or d.o? I planned to do m.d but thats another 7 years commitment after already working 4 years on my bachelors. Id rather do 2 years of p.a school and just start working and investing