Is Vietnam part of East Asia?

Is Vietnam part of East Asia?

Yeah. I don't understand why Southeast Asia and East Asia aren't considered the same region.

Depends on how you look at it

Cultural, maybe, but they will get mad if you lumped them with chinks

Culturally yes

Vietnam is in the same realm as China, Japan, and Korea

Like how North Africa is culturally related to the Middle East

Not really, no

Vietnam and maybe Laos. Though as you go south and west. you start getting more Polynesian or more Indian.

Vietnam has historically been under Chinese influence but in language the Burmese and Thais may be more related with the Chinese.

Yes, yes we do, i personally like to be lumped with Cambodians and Indonesians more than Chinks.

btfo

Not me, I don't like the cambodes. Mostly cause we took their land and they hate us, along with indonesians and cambodes looking dark as hell.

Do you ever notice how autistic and butthurt you sound when you cover-up your history because of blind nationalism?

You look just as brown

My skin is actually pale and yellow,thank you

sure it is

is that how their women usually dress

No they cant afford actual clothes so they wear potato sacks
At least you can very very easily get a viet wife for a green card

East Asian = white
SE Asian = brown

Viets are brown. So are southern Chinese.

Thanks for reaffirming that, but it wasn't needed

They would be so thankful if Westerners don't mistake them with those Chinese tourists who committed many atrocities and dirty things

We actually are Southeast Asians tho, most Vietnamese and other SEAns will agree with me.

Fourth from left looks like she can deepthroat one beaucoup.

[Citations needed]

The north is more sinicized than the south, so I'd say yes, but only partly.
Now post more Viet qts

>So are southern Chinese.
The southernmost southern Chinese(Guangdong/Guangxi) aren't representative of the entirety of southern China.

Why?

China is like India, you can find people of any shade anywhere.

My gf is from Sichuan but has very white skin.

This, I don't even think Indonesians along with Filipinos should even be considered asians, they look Hawaiian or like some pacific islanders

t. never called a Vietnamese a Chinaman

Yes, I would consider countries that eat with chopsticks to be part of East Asia.

The real question is, is Vietnam part of White Asia (Japan, China, Korea) or of Brown Asia (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia...)?

Compare a Jap and a Thai
Not the same race

Vietnamese is the only Asian language that uses letters not that pictograph shit you see in Japanese or Chinese, thanks to being under French rule. They were more westernized until the commies took over

t.Jap

My penis fails to see a difference

The Commies promoted the French script. Only nationalists use Hán tự.

I'd say Vietnam is culturally "East Asian", and by that I just mean they have a significant amount of influence from China.

I'm interested in why the ao dai looks to be influenced by Qing clothing like the qipao. Joseon Korea didn't change their clothing just because some Manchus took over China, why did the Vietnamese copy what is arguably a downgrade from Han-inspired clothing?

Sichuanese women are famous for having very pale and milky skin. This is only surprising to Westerners who only have contact with Cantonese and Taiwanese who honestly look more Filipino than Han.