/fig/ - Financial Independence General

Let's have a different thread. I imagine most of you here are either NEETs and looking to get rich off of crypto or working and looking for an exit from the corporate consumerist normie rat race.

What are your long-term goals to achieving financial independence/freedom? How far along are you? What will you do once financial independence is achieved?

All investment/education/career/lifestyle/net worth discussion is welcome.

Buy a big house and fuck models. Also cocaine.

Flame out before 50 years old

Do it in thailand. Make it stretch

I plan to move to Alaska. Probably will commute into Anchorage and develop real estate on the side to keep building capital. Meanwhile out in the sticks I'll be building my off grid homestead. I'll be prepared both for society collapsing and for society thriving.

Alaska sounds comfy user, I've always wanted to visit.

As for me, I'm a college student trying to sock away as much as I can right now. Also dipping into crypto as well as the convention index funds.

All said and done I hope to be out of the game and managing some rental properties while traveling the world by 30, 35 latest. I really hope this crypto thing works out...

bumperini

Well, my ultimate goal is to have my own corporation. My plan is to study a mix of physics and engineering, get into the arms industry in the US. Take contacts and cash and then start my own little company. Start making artificial limbs alongside the arms, and grow from there. I plan on turning it into a global industrial firm.

How far along am I? Undergrad... I came here to make some cash so that I can have a capital before I start.

I am a NEET who plans to make a modest amount of money on crypto, cash it out, buy a nice computer, then use that computer to learn to develop software, and, finally, use those skills to get a job as a junior developer. And then I'll start contributing to a matched 401k and maybe look into a private Roth IRA.

Right now I am up about $1k from my original $3750 and I plan to cash out when I hit $6750 (assuming that is possible).

r8 my plan / give advice?

Sounds comfy as fuck. I've always wondered if it would be possible to just live in a house in the middle of the woods, but I wouldn't know how to support myself doing that.

Why cash out so early? There's definitely more money to be made here I think.

>Why cash out so early? There's definitely more money to be made here I think.
You think? Well, being a NEET, I don't want to just piss away 4 grand. If I really did make it to 6-7k, that would be almost unheard of for any other kind of investment. Plus you have to consider the coming crash(es) or at least corrections that are well overdue. ETH is super overvalued right now.

I would move to a nice third world country like Poland and quadruple my money

you have more than enough to buy the computer, you ought to do that and invest the rest in crypto

>you have more than enough to buy the computer
waiting for the amount in post-tax profit

>"financial Independence"
Whenever I hear that term I want to punch someone. Too many syllables for such a humble (and lame) goal.

>paying taxes on crypto gains

I know right. They still don't get it.

how can I avoid it?

Im a NEET living off welfare, i plan to make a decent amount of money on shitcoins, while studying chemistry after i (hopefully) reach goal capital, ill try starting companies in my home country... yeah ofc hookers and coke

>Veeky Forums cashes out crypto gains into modern weaponry
>helps /k/ and /pol/ take over Tuvalu
>enlist Veeky Forums to engineer the harpies in /cgl/ into submissive catgirls
Find a better plan for avoiding taxes

>protip: you can't

I would love some tips

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS>

SEND YOUR CRYPTO TO RELATIVE IN FOREIGN COUNTRY. TELL RELATIVE TO CASH OUT AND TAKE $10.

IF YOU AREN'T A NIGGER RELATIVE WILL DO THIS FOR YOU.

HAVE RELATIVE SEND YOU THE MONEY AS A GIFT.

WOW NOW YOU'VE SAVED AN EXTRA 35% ON YOUR ENTIRE PORTFOLIO. WHOOPDIE FUCKING DO.

>tfw no Pajeet relatives to send money to overseas
:(

also, how do you get the money back into the country without paying taxes on it?
>derp

You don't need a nice computer to develop software, especially if you aren't even junior level yet. If you can shitpost on Veeky Forums you can program.

I understand, I'd just appreciate the nicer machine. I'm using an rMBP right now but I want an iMac. It's partly greed.

tfw didn't get enough RAM

Any advice Veeky Forums-nessmen?

Tony Stark, get off my Cambodian net fishing forum

But I wanna be Tony Stark! Right now I'm more like his deadbeat cousin, Morgan...

Currently studying physics, close to finish my master. After that I plan to get a job as an patent attorney invest all money in crypto. After everything moons I will drop out and buy real estate

What are you majoring in user? What's your post-grad?

Goal: Make enough to diversify into an ETF and live off the dividends.

Majoring in particle physics. Solid state may be more promising because it's industry is booming but particle physics is more fun. Also I am becoming kind of a mixture of an electrical engineer, software dev and statistics guy, which I like alot

don't forget to buy the powerball every week

you owe the irs money that is gifted to you, dude

Nice! I'm still a freshman, and while things are different here (I'm not in the US, so Unis operate differently) I'm thinking of majoring in the "mixed" option we have, so a merge between theoretical physics and electronics. Then I'm thinking of going after an engineering-esque Post-Grad.

What's a powerball?

t.complete newfag

Long term
>save a million
>purchase a tireshop or commercial building to rent out
>move out of Commiefornia to Nebraska or Alaska and be a farmer or mountain man
I honestly hate cali and just wanna have enough money to quit my acting career and be normal again

The lottery, user, the lottery!

My name actually is Stark. Stark Faggot, P.I.

BTW I just told my CPA I had capital gains from bitcoin in 2016 and asked if we had to do an update, and he said, "If somebody reports your trading, you'll get a letter from the I.R.S. Don't sweat it until you get the letter."

Yeah I think I'll do this when I cash out - fiat in vs. fiat out, pure capital gains.

If the IRS really wants to get anal I can produce EVERY SINGLE transaction from every exchange. Doubt I'll get that letter though.

Enough of this "I need a mac to code" meme. got ot /g/'s thinkpad general, they're fine machines availible for far less.