I would like to purchase an Amazon stock. How do I go about this?

I would like to purchase an Amazon stock. How do I go about this?

Sign up for Robinhood. Verification should take a week or two. Transfer money from your bank to the app, buy the stock.

they sell it on amazon

>Buying ATH
user...

smart move, my man, and don't pussy out when it drops, you'll give this thing to your kids

Be sure to buy apple and Google and Facebook too. All are sure to moon.

Can someone tell me why, when Robinhood offers no commission, people still pay commission anywhere?

Wouldn't it make sense to use all the resources and graphs and charts of different sites but then when it actually comes time to buy a stock, to buy it from Robinhood?

Grab Netflix while your at it.

Really? I was looking at Netflix for some time.

Didn't feel they were worth the price, same with Amazon.

>hears news about Whole Foods
>thinks "hey, I bet Amazon will make money on that eventually. I should buy some stock before that's reflected in the value."

Kek

you're literally 5 years too late. the P/E is 180. The forward P/E of the stock is in the 300s

to justify this valuation, Amazon needs to become approximately 30% of the entire U.S. economy in the next 5-7 years. You also have to bet a large amount as each share costs about $1000. also, amazon has no competitive advantage other than its brand. walmart has more physical infrastructure than whole foods and amazon centers combined.... you are a joke fat fuck

Go to MerrillEdge.com
Open brokerage.
Transfer money into brokerage.
Buy Amazon.
?????
Profit.

ok im doing it now. theres 30 seconds until the market closes how much do i buy!!!

P/E for something like amazon gives an inaccurate valuation. They've deliberately used accounting methods to reduce taxation in the past. Amazon's cashflows are what's important, along with their revenue growth. This company is a big, inefficient, cash collecting monster. And that's what the market is looking for right now, because they know these big tech companies will become insanely bigger in the future.

Robinhood is slow sometimes, and doesn't provide high level tools.

buy it all, get every single stock

>Buying Amazon stock right now

Enjoy being a wage slave your whole life

here is list of reasons (none of these are my reasons, but for other people who are older)

>i am already invested using xx platform and have used them for years so why should I take the effort to learn a new system?

>my accounts are all DRIP based and don't have large fees and are automatic

>i want automatic reinvestment of my dividends and robinhood doesn't do that yet

>there isn't any map tools on robinhood to use

>no guide to help me purchase stock on robinhood

>small bit of delay on stock purchases and sells, affects more volatile plays

>can only do limit buys/sells, orders, and regular buys/sells, no options

>select regions only, mostly USA

None of these are fairly good reasons to not use robinhood, just people are lazy. Personal, the only one with merit, is probably the lack of charting assistance, which can be trouble if you want to become a day trader or more involved with trading.

The good reasons

>no fee to buy, only an extremely small fee when you sell, unless you are dealing with massive amounts of stock, its essentially free.

>easy account setup
>very good for most regular market plays for casual and regular stock investors
>margin accounts are fairly priced with instant transfers as a perk attached
>day trade penalty is waived once you get above 25k

the simple version is that its kind of gimped, you can only buy/trade you cant short and no before/after hours trading unless you pay a fee

Ok if you can't short that makes sense.
Kinda weird then really.

>i am already invested using xx platform and have used them for years so why should I take the effort to learn a new system?
Hate these people.

But the other reasons kind of make sense. Not for me, but I get it I guess.

after trying it for a while the 10 dollar fee is really worth it in my opinion, if you can make more than 10 bucks a month in earnings.

You get
2k margin account
instant transfers up to 2k
can trade an hour before market open and an hour after market close (slower buy sell rate but its nice)

Though I would wait till you have at least 10k before doing this, as a buffer on your margin.