*Blocks your path*

*Blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_the_Sabine_Women
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Prinitza
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Neopatras
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Constantinople_(1147)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sirmium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poimanenon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Antioch_on_the_Meander
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Olivento
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Montemaggiore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let us through

Did Romans ever rape their enemies?

This one does

The Eagle depiction of this formation is the most realistic I've seen yet. Highly recommend that movie if you want to see how real battles went don't in ancient times

Then I prostrate before the power of Rome.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_the_Sabine_Women

*rolls grenade under feet*

What is founding myth?

Women hm yes how quaint

just go around them

*teleports behind you*

Send a couple of soldiers on horseback to jump onto the testudo.

>+200% entity mass
>+15 bonus against Calvary
Nice try.

>takes your pizza
>eats it like this

Try it

Is this a joke

*fires arrows at you for hours*

*Makes America great again*

>tfw the Roman occupation forces bully me every day on the way to work
What the fuck is their problem? It's not MY fault they couldn't kill some filthy forest-dwellers, but now our tax money is being spent on this ridiculous, rickety wall while every day fewer troops are sent to actually STOP said forest-dwellers from stealing our shit. Fucking assholes.

>tricks you into getting surrounded and you have no room at all to mannover

your move.

Haven't you heard? The Romans were the bad guys who killed and pillaged for no reason.

>Teleposts behind them
Sorry Kids
>Ready elephants
It's nothing personal
>Charge Numidian cavalry
But I got to get payed
> Charge down hill towards the lake
gg m8

Hamish, deploy the anti-tortoise timber.

>maniple system
>fighting on hilly or broken grounds
>elephants
All these things destroy the phalanx/turtle shell formation with superior maneuverability.

You don fucked now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Prinitza

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Neopatras

*Charge*

Reminder that Tostito is a siege not battle formation

GRENATAAA

YOU DELETE THIS RIGHT YOU FRANKISH BASTARD REEEEEEEEEE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Constantinople_(1147)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sirmium

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poimanenon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Antioch_on_the_Meander

Huehuehue

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Olivento

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Montemaggiore

Nordic powah

"Meanwhile, news of the advance of the Byzantine army soon reached Antioch. Realising that he had no hope of defeating Manuel, Raynald also knew that he could not expect any help from king Baldwin III of Jerusalem. Baldwin did not approve of Raynald's attack on Cyprus, and in any case had already made an agreement with Manuel. Thus isolated and abandoned by his allies, Raynald decided that abject submission was his only hope. He appeared before the Emperor, dressed in a sack with a rope tied around his neck, and begged for forgiveness. Manuel at first ignored the prostrate Raynald, chatting with his courtiers; William of Tyre commented that this ignominious scene continued for so long that all present were "disgusted" by it. Eventually, Manuel forgave Raynald on condition that he would become a vassal of the Empire, effectively surrendering the independence of Antioch to Byzantium."

>w-w-w-we wuz Soliders of Christendom

Normancucks BLOWN. THE. FUCK. OUT.

Yes. It was institutional. Every time a city was sacked or barbarian village raided (which was basically the main job of the legions from Augustus onwards when raid and counter-raid were the name of the day) Roman soldiers would as part of the spoils of war, be entitled to rape any woman, boy or girl they saw. It's hard now to imagine how normal it was at the time, but it was basically the fate of every single city that was ever captured by them once 'the ram had touched the wall' which was a Roman proverb for no quarter.

Ironically, they acted like the barbarians they called most non-romans. Rome should have fell sooner.

The Roman Empire was literally founded on rape

Who are you? I've seen you posting all day about how Rome was horrible and should've fallen sooner.
Are you a Carthaginian? Still assmad that Roma Invicta destroyed your shithole of a city and salted your gay ass fields? Why don't you go murder a child for your fertility memegod Hamilcar?

You are heavily exaggerating.

Rape was widespread, as with any conquest, but it was nothing near institutional or as rampant as you state.

Wasn't a rape, was more of a kidnaping. The women chose to remain with the Romans.

*keeps discipline for months*

*shoots u*

That's what rape means, in its original denotation. To carry something or someone off to another location. Abduction, or less commonly theft. Forced sexual use was implied, but not part of the core definition, until it was gradually replaced.

What? No. Just pissed that faggots on /v/ like to romanticise Rome as a peak of western civilization when it clearly wasn't. Degeneracy, trampling on smaller nations, slavery, etc.

Not to mention they were lucky on multiple occasions. Based Geiseric did good sacking Rome.

What sources do they use for The Rape of the Sabine Women? Anyone knows?

Who is the author(s)?

Livy (Titus Livius), Ab Urbe Condita.

It's the most prolific source that I can find at least, and goes over it the most detail I've seen.

Multiple molotov cocktails