White men can't figh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cerami

Based Normans.

Why were the Normans so fucking based Veeky Forums?
They're Vikings on steroids but in a good way.

Meh, beating the shit out of what is basically Italians isn't that impressive.

Norse badassness with Frankish intelligence/culture

>Meh, beating the shit out of what is basically Italians isn't that impressive.

Actually, the army was an alliance of North African Muslim rulers that came to help the Muslims in Sicily.

>Why were the Normans so fucking based Veeky Forums?

The chronicler Geoffrey Malaterra wrote about the Norman culture:

«..distinguised particularly in mischief(violence), scorn their heritage with the hope of acquiring a bigger fortune, they are eager for profit and honor... Their leaders are particularly generous thanks to their desire for fame. It is also a race skillful in flattery, absorbed in the study of eloquence, so that even the boys are skillful speakers, a race untamed except and if it is held by the yoke of justice. They endure the fatigue, hunger and cold, whenever fate throws it upon them. Are absorbed with the hunting and falconry, and they particularly like horses and all the trappings(ways) of War…»

>Sicilians
>Italian
>Moors
>Italian

kys

Normans confirmed for master race

Massive losses against a much smaller force sounds like Italians to me

So the Normans that became Italians later aren't Italian but the Sicilian Moors that did back then were?

yes

>believing the guy writing for the Norman masters

wew lad

The Moors became Italian over time, which is why they lost, while the Normans were still Norman at the time.

You do not believe the Zirids could raise thousands of men for a Jihad?

The Zirids by 1060 had been reduced to a strip of coastline in Tunisia, with a variety of Berber and Beduoin tribes taking power for themselves throughout North Africa. If the Zirids had tens of thousands of men to spare for a campaign in Sicily, they could have surely used them to take Kairouan back from the Banu Hilal.

Perhaps they were focused on Sicily rather than some bumfuck city in scorched earth medieval warm period Tunis?

Sicilians are not Italian though.

Why? Sicily wasn't even theirs, but Kalbid territory, and Kairouan was literally the capital city of the region for centuries.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am posting this on /int/ as bait and see what's gonna happen

>300 vs 53000
These numbers are incredibly realistic.

NORMANS GET OUT OF MY BOARD.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

I like how ever since some random guy without any sources started editing en masse the casualties on the other side have ballooned from a few hundred, to thousands, and now tens of thousands.

Amazing stuff.