Odd Book in Mosque... What Do?

>tl;dr- found a radical book in my mosque, wat do?

Tried putting this on /r/islam, but I think they shut out my post... this is a legit question, guys.

"The past few times I've been in my masjid (I won't be naming it here), I've been browsing the Arabic section of its library. While most of the books are commentaries on hadith and compilations of how to follow the sunnah, there are several other obscure and older-looking volumes on the bottom shelf. I have also noticed that most of the books in the library that I've opened are donated from the Saudi government, which is evidenced by a seal inside the front cover.

One of the books from which I read was "Soldier of Allah: Culturally and Morally" (جند الله ثقافة وأخلاقاً) by a Shiekh Sa'id Hawa (الشيخ سعيد حوى). It started out describing the greater jihad of struggling against one's inner self and how you prevent corruption in yourself. However, by the end of the book, it explicitly stated the need for hijrah to the Abode of War in order to politically transform kafir regimes into Islamic ones. It accused those immigrants who did not dedicate themselves to this end of being cowardly as well.

The people in the masjid seem friendly, and they do all sorts of things for the community. No one has been rude to me, and the imam seems informative. I don't go to Jum'ah there because I don't have time, so I don't know everyone that goes there. I can see how the book might have been a part of a mass donation, left on the shelf, and forgotten. However, I cannot shake the fact that having the book in that library, perhaps along with other ones similar in their radical nature, might signify a tacit acceptance of such radical ideas.

Do I leave it alone? Do I approach an imam with this information? Someone else? What happens if they don't condemn it? I honestly have no idea what to do or think about this matter. Thank you in advance for your help, brothers and sisters."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qk_VwZxN9bA
youtube.com/watch?v=qTi1FZkoEsM
youtube.com/watch?v=86PL9wueH-s
youtube.com/watch?v=TLoUq8vybzY
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms
youtu.be/yUdxy836WY4
youtube.com/watch?v=16Egi2V4lgg
youtube.com/watch?v=kkNE__TiMZo
youtube.com/watch?v=57NHLVcsy-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KmUBWkDdXx4
youtube.com/watch?v=4yshbDVmCDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use it to summon the primordial moon ocean moon god and bring wrath upon this earth

>/r/islam

>Detailed Documentary Exposing Islam (3 hours)
youtube.com/watch?v=qk_VwZxN9bA

>Allah in Quran = Satan in Bible
youtube.com/watch?v=qTi1FZkoEsM
youtube.com/watch?v=86PL9wueH-s
youtube.com/watch?v=TLoUq8vybzY

>The Roman Catholic and Islamic Connection
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms

You need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior if you want to go to heaven.
I am an ex-Muslim by the way.

PATRIA PATRIA

youtu.be/yUdxy836WY4

>This whole post
Get off Veeky Forums grandma

fuck off
Go to the imam. If he condones this teaching, find a new mosque.

But reddit told me Islam is the religion of peace

CNN said the same thing! Now I don't know what to believe...

omg guys what can I do I better go to /r/advice and ask them how to cope with this newfound revelation ; ;

thanks for the redpill

I see him doing tafsir on Sundays, I may ask him.

I hate when people say that. Islam is a verbal noun that comes from a-S-L-M (measure IV) "to submit oneself to Allah, to hand oneself over completely". Salam, usually translated as "peace" is the verbal noun from S-L-M (measure I), meaning "to be delivered into a safe place".

What is radical about it? Does it tell you to be violent? I could also interpret it to mean that you should peacefully culturally enrich the west. Islam doesn't have to be spread by the sword. The word is mightier than the sword.

That was GWB

I may need to read it over again, but non-Muslim nations were described as "kuffar" nations, and placed them in the Abode of War (دار الحرب). Such a state would definitely advocate for the scrapping of a system like the Constitution or the American legal system (I'm American), which seems pretty radical to me. Such a view seems supremacist as well, like what the Christian Identity people say.

Personally, I would never want to live in a Salafi state or support those who do. I'm fine being a minority in the West and chilling with Ghazali and ibn Arabi.

"Dar al-harb" or "dar al-kufr" have been historical terms for non-muslim territory. As long as the book doesn't tell you to be violent, I don't see a problem. Peaceful change is just natural.

>peaceful change

>Saudi government
>I would never want to live in a Salafi state or support those who do.
Well, there's you problem.

The Saudis view Islam as nothing but a tool to expand their geopolitical influence. They build the biggest mosques and get translations of the Qur'an in print, etc. to spread their particular brand of "Islam."

It's a shame the holiest cities in Islam are in their slimy, oily, bloody Wahhabist hands.

>islamophobia

Phobia implies irrational fear. Fear of muslims is perfectly rational.

Tough position, OP. Tell the imam, let him know that the book is concerning and that others who congregate there would be concerned too. You probably know the imam, would he really be ok with that sort of thing lying around?
From your description, they don't sound like the sort of people who peruse that sort of thing by the fireplace.
If he doesn't condemn it, it's time to skedaddle. Find a different mosque and talk to the imam there about it for advice. The only wrong thing to do here is to do nothing at all, I think, so good on you for taking some sort of action.

>what do?
Stay in Reddit

do you believe in your religion? if you do, then I dont think you don't believe in leaving things to be someone else's problem.

these monotheist religions are wonderfully simple for this kind of questions.

>Muslim redditor comes on Veeky Forums and immediately reveals himself as both
You're going to have a bad time here

*one too many "don't", fuck

I don't see anything radical in this. Personally, I believe that all of those who willingly choose to live among those with whom Muslims are at war (such as the Americans, for example) are themselves at war with Muslims - and as such, are not actually Muslims, but apostates who deserve nothing but death.

>Such a state would definitely advocate for the scrapping of a system like the Constitution or the American legal system

You don't want to get rid of man-made laws in general and the taghut constitution in particular? What are you, a murtadd?

>Personally, I would never want to live in a Salafi state

Why not?

Jesus fuck, people like you are on Veeky Forums? What the hell?

Weird, right? Veeky Forums's all about accepting others for their differences right?

There are plenty of Salafis and Wahhabis on Veeky Forums, especially on /pol/

report that shit to the FBI

Trump's in charge, they might actually do something about it now

Why would they seek out an environment where people call them and their fellow believers nasty names all day?

How is the Consitution tyrannical? It lets everyone live the way they choose as long as they aren't infringing on others' rights.

I would not want to live in a Salafi state because once a certain maddhab becomes prime over such a state, even a trivial disagreement over sunnah such as hand position or listening to music would lead to outright violence. Religious minorities would also be subject to systematic humiliation.

People of the Book thrived in even the courts of the Abbasids.

Masochism

>I don't see anything radical in this.
>all non-muslims deserve death
All Semite religions are shit

just stop being part of a death cult OP
youtube.com/watch?v=16Egi2V4lgg

"There is no compulsion in religion"

why try to change anyone? Just do your shit and leave everyone else alone.

When you found the perfect system of morality, why not share it with other people?

More memri-tv please

perfect for you does not mean perfect for everyone.

"there are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view from the top is always the same".

as much as i'd enjoy legal rape my conscience would eat away at me, keep that shit in clit-snipistan

Cookin right up senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=kkNE__TiMZo
youtube.com/watch?v=57NHLVcsy-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KmUBWkDdXx4

and my personal favorite,

youtube.com/watch?v=4yshbDVmCDI

>When you found the perfect system of morality, why not share it with other people?
Ask the Russians and Americans how it worked out for them.

All mosques are terrorist breeding grounds. They're testing you.

A psychotic murderous pedophile establishes a perfect system of morality.

Not likely.

And what do we see? Millions of young boys being sodomized by muslims, because it's not expressly forbidden in the quran.

Marriages to as low as 1 year olds to hide pedophiles behind the veil of marriage.

Muslims killing innocent women and children to inspire terror for political gains.

"perfect".

lmao

can any arabic speakers confirm if these translations are accurate?

I can confirm once its broken down, though the dialect's a bit fuzzy for me. They aren't exaggerating, even though the connect is lacking. I admittedly watch MEMRI like Springer XD. Makes me glad to be here.

It's accurate as a translation, but they always pick the worst possible interpretation. "The people will resist" will end up as something like "We will wage endless jihad against the oppressor"

they're pretty much spot on though

Does this actually surprise you?

>approach an imam

NO

>apostates deserve nothing but death

These people actually believe their "religion" is legitimate.

After watching the Green Lane documentary, I didn't think such literature would be openly available except in large places like NY, LA, Dearborn, or Houston (I'm in none of them). I would need to know the worshippers at my masjid more to make a judgement on them, though.

most of the books in the library that I've opened are donated from the Saudi government
Oh-oh

If you're feeling adventurous, take the book to him and express interest.

I don't recommend it though, seems like a good way to get pegged.

>posts on Veeky Forums
>talks to Imam about jihad in the Dar al-Harb

hope you don't own an iphone.

I'm assuming so, since the stamps were from the Saudi Ministry of Education (or one of the other ministries). They could be from one of the imams who donated them, since one that I've heard of went to madrasah in Medina. It's a large, beautiful, purpose-built building, so it could have well been funded by the Saudis. The congregation seems almost equally divided among Arabs, Desis, and African-American converts, though there are almost as many Urdu books in the library as Arabic ones.

OP, you'll find a lot of free Salafi and Deobandi books in almost every mosque because of how Saudi Arabian and Pakistani groups have been distributing them for the past two decades. Most mosques aren't really equipped to deal with them theologically, so your best option is to find enough patrons among the congregation that cares about the subject of sectarian literature to debate if they want such material in their mosque, and maybe sweeten any deal to remove them by pitching in together for a new library of more acceptable reading material to replace it.

>African-American converts

this phenomenon absolutely confounds me, given the history of Islam in Africa. Talking about the whole enslaving ~17-80 million people and mass castration/harems thing ofc.

Given the effectiveness of Malcolm X as a civil rights leader and successful missionary efforts in prison, I'm not too surprised. The Evangelical movement in America seems watered down and corporate, especially with black churches. It would put me on edge if Wahabbism became widespread among them, for there are definitely more African-American converts than Syrian migrants, for example.

Most Muslims involved in African slavery were African themselves - Kangz even - with there being brief flashes of Arab economic control that was mostly centered around East Africa. A lot of African Americans are West Africans on top of all that.

Slavery is mostly a talking-point for the racial segregation and discrimination that followed afterwards.

>It would put me on edge if Wahabbism became widespread among them
There have been efforts by Wahabbi groups to proselytize in U.S. prisons in the past few decades.

Better than the Nation of Islam, in my opinion. What a bunch of crackpots

If you're in the USA, you call the FBI.