Frederick the Great

What do you guys think of Fritz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GjNesTvOz84
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He played a sick fucking flute.

Prussia failed, so not much

Tremendously overrated faggot who only got out of getting crushed by the Russians by offering his well used asshole.

was a hard nut to crack, even with my austrian bias i won't deny he easily had some of the best troops in the mid 1700s

Overrated, doesn't deserve to be called "The Great" but then again that moniker seems to have been thrown around so much that it lost most of its meaning (Odo the Great... come on).
If it wasnt for Tzar Peter III the Prussiaboo he would have been overthrown after his catastrophic defeat at Kunersdorf. I think the same applies for Gustavus Adolphus, you just cant put these guys on the same pedestal as Alexander the Great and some others who rightfully deserve that moniker.

a closeted fag. His father was way better

What about Catarina the Great?

I think Frederick was as great as Napoleon and both were military heroes of their nations.

Greater, Frederick had a kingdom the nobility of Europe laughed at, Napoleon had an empire that made the world quake, if the two were transposed Napoleon would be all but forgotten and Frederick the Great would not have died in the middle of the atlantic being laughed at by anglos.

>Napoleon had an empire that made the world quake

Which he built upon the ashes of what was left of France after the revolution. Napoleon fought against all of Europe multiple times, Frederick fought mainly against austria and russia, the two meme "powers" of europe and then was given an unconditional "lets just forget about it".

Frederick had a minuscule population and all of the world's armies surrounding him from every side and still won, Napoleon had the largest population to mobilize and one direction to fight.

Napoleon was a genius but Frederick was just as much

Good Enlightened Despot, but sort of overrated because everyone focuses on him and not his father, as well as his great grandfather Frederick the Great Elector who salvaged Prussia from the Thirty Years War, which I think is a greater achievement.

youtube.com/watch?v=GjNesTvOz84

>Forty years later, when Napoleon conquered Potsdam, he would visit Frederick's tomb and say, "Gentlemen, this was one of the greatest commanders of whom history has made mention. If he were alive today, I should not be standing here."

Yes.

No shit cuz he wouldn't have a tomb.

Even if he didn't have a tomb there he could still be standing at that very spot. The point is obviously that he believed Frederick and his army would have stopped him.

Napoleon was quite the melodramatic guy and it can also be interpreted as an insult to the prussians of his time (and we all know he had quite a low opinion of them).

Important is not what "could" be "interpreted" but what he actually said. And he said Frederick was one of the greatest commanders in history and if he were alive he would not be standing there. And questioning Frederick's military genius is utterly moronic. He fought a war against three great powers - usually outnumbered roughly 2 : 1 - from the strategically disastrous position that was Prussia and came out of the war with more territory than when the war began.

Yeah, he blew the skin flute pretty damn well

> from the strategically disastrous position that was Prussia and came out of the war with more territory than when the war began.

Because Russia, with its utterly moronic Tsar, allowed it so. Implying that Frederick won that war because of his military genius is "utterly moronic". He came out on top because Peter III was an utter idiot.

>Wellington and the allies defeat Napoleon at Waterloo
>The king recalls Wellington for personal reasons, they leave and do nothing more
>Even the french call it a miracle
>Napoleon stands in a field full of dead french soldiers, as far as the eye can see
>"I won this battle, I am Napoleon The Great"

>that one Tatar looking dude with the bow
what battle is this?

His ruling philosophy was pretty neat.

>Odo
>Not great

Yeah, fighting off 3 great powers at the same time for 7 years with less than half the manpower of any one of them really isn't impressive at all. The fact that there just happened to be a monarch who became such a Frederick Fanboy that he pulled out of the war and began to aid the country he was at war with was just stupid coincidence.

>is the reason why Germany as a nation exists
>BTFO Austria, France, and Russia at their peaks
>completely revolutionized their military history
>turned a little speck on the map into a great nation
>overrated

Fuck off you cunt.

i have no idea i either found it on google or while looking for prussian uniforms, sorry

/thread

Easily one of the greatest leaders in world history. Too bad this board is full of butt blasted frogs and Pollacks.

Napoleon was well read on his military history and had a wooden statue of Frederick. It wasn't just empty rhetoric, Napoleon obviously genuinely admired the guy.

>BTFO Rrussia
>Gets his army absolutely crushed and only reason Berlin isn't occupied is because of a sudden and lucky succession happening changing the government policy of Russia.

Plus, you know, he was a colossal flaming faggot and because he couldn't produce an heir, got one of the biggest dipshits ever to live on the throne.

Great-grandfather. Frederick's grandfather was Frederick III of Brandenburg/Frederick I of Prussia.

All great leaders succeed with a bit of luck. Can you think of anyone who didn't have it? Again, this board is filled with frogs who still will never get over 1871 and Pollacks mad that their middling kingdom got exposed as a paper tiger.

Frederick had 2 instances of great luck (miracles of house Brandenburg), but Napoleon had numerous instances of luck as well.