Its not a war crime if everyone is a partisan!

>its not a war crime if everyone is a partisan!

Excuse me, but the Einsatzgruppen was an anti-terrorist organization.

Einsatzgruppen unironically did nothing wrong

Why did the German military take these photos? It could literally only be used to incriminate them. Even the people doing it had to be blasted to get over what they were doing.

incriminate them to whom?

they were the law.

Probably somebody who got mad at somebody else

>hans took the comfy chair from me yesterday
>ill show him
>*takes pics of hans killing criminals*
>leaks it to the public

I guess "incriminating" was the wrong word. It's not like they were putting these pictures in the German Newspapers. The majority of men doing it felt terrible about it, I can only imagine how a regular German citizen would react to seeing it. Were they basically just for the High command to jerk off too?

There is literally nothing wrong with killing civilians and enslaving their women.

>The majority of men doing it felt terrible about it

Browning talks about this. You had a bunch of invalided middle aged guys, none of whom were particuarly hardcore Nazis, who went from throwing up at the prospect of shooting civilians to having competitions to see who could kill the most within a few weeks

Maybe as proof that the deed was actually done.

>go kill that bunch of innocent people
>pssshht yeah, ok, whatever
>and bring me PROOF, wise-ass
>god dammit.

I read his book as well. He also writes about how a lot of them had to rationalize their actions with alcoholism. Even Himler almost fainted after witnessing one of the massacres the Einsatzgruppen committed.

One of the biggest reason they switched over to concentration camps was because it helped distance German soldiers from their actions, obviously to also speed up the killing process. Police Battalions were still used for the entire war, but later were mainly used to liquidate ghettos, and that was just moving Jews into trains and killing a few stragglers/resisters instead of orchestrating huge massacres.

What percentage of non-combatants killed by the SS/Einsatzgruppen were actually partisans?

>Germans are now enslaved by Muslims
karmas a cunt

This. Germany was fighting for survival against belligerent Marxism.

I imagine it was done to verify that the orders were carried out. Perhaps to ensure future promotions, but also out of paranoia.

Daily reminder that the rape of Germany by the Soviets was completly justified and Bomber Harris did nothing wrong.

>incriminate
>implying "war crimes" exist
Really stirs my spangenhelm

Germany was simply responding to centuries of external aggression.

100%

Instead of getting rid of France, we'll just make a bunch of little frances

>Gaulish Commonwealth

wew

>Gaulish
>not fucking Gallic
What kind of retard made this map?