>I have to get it back
>invest in another shitcoin
>down to less than a grand
>don't know what to tell my dad
>try one last time to get the money back
>down to less than 100 dollars
>I pack my shit up and leave the house
>dad has no idea where I went
>me and him both would have been millionaires by now if I had just set up a mining rig
>haven't seen or talked to him in 3 years
>no one in the town I had lived in knows where I am
>feelsfuckingbadman
>slowly building up wealth again trading cryptocurrencies until I can pay my dad back

what is your biggest loss stories? make me not feel so bad about losing out on the opportunity to drive lambos

>things that never happen

Jesus fucking christ. You could have just bought BTC and held lad. You could be millionaires now.

how old were you? I can't even imagine doing that

Could people stop posting these sad stories? it's really bumming me out that I literally put in 3k in April and now have 20k

I was 17 back then, my dad considered me a guru of cryptos, I originally had gotten him in to it

oh boyo

please tell me you made this up. just please do it. this is one of the saddest fucking things i have read on here

Here's a good one, not quite a loss but still good.

>Bet $4600 on Trump to win the election at +5600
>Cashed out winnings to Bitcoin.
>Total BTC = ~43. @ $705
>Bitcoin dips to near $600 or so after my cashout
>Pussy out - fuck crypto's volatility
>Recover to $750 and sell everything Nov 2016
>June 16, 2017. BTC = $2500
>43 BTC = $107,500

Now I trade shitcoins with 10 BTC instead of 43.

so you post four years later?

Pls be fake

>+560 not 5600

It has to be fake. There's no way a 17 year old's parents who are middle-class enough to give him 10k to set up a mining rig will just let him leave the house forever with no notice. The police would have found him in less than a week.

no i frequent Veeky Forums. I never wanted to post this story because it actually brings tears to my eyes whenever I even think about it. thankfully I have turned 100 dollars from mowing lawns into 2300 dollars. I want to give my dad at least 50 thousand back though. the future is looking brighter.

This, holy shit please man, please be larping. This fucking hurts.

Where did you live then? You'd need a job to support yourself and at that point 10k isn't that much money.

it was just my dad, mom was out of the picture long ago. I think he thought his only son took his 10 grand and left him which made him so depressed that he didn't even bother calling the cops.

do you really cut all ties with him? do you realize how he must feel? he seem like a cool guy, I don't think money is even comparable to his son

he was the coolest fucking dude ever... thanks for making me cry.

did shitcoins even exist in 2013?

bruh just tell him what happened. he will probably be glad to have closure and know that you didnt intentionally steal anything

honestly he - the dad - may have killed himself

this honestly, go back to him with the money you currently have, push for 10k if you really want to do it, but 50k seems like a lot with your current income

no. I have to pay him back. If I just come back into his life I know he will wonder about the money. if I can at least give him quintouple what he gave me at least he wouldn't have those thoughts. you don't know how hard this is.

LTC was the equivalent of a shitcoin.

still is mate, get that head outta your ass

I bet on Hillary and won too!

As a gesture the Irish bookmakers Paddy Power paid out early on Hillary like they did for Obama. Then Trump won and they had to pay out again lol

Yes many did
surprise surprise like the many shitcoins of today won't, 99% of them did not last

why didn't you just listen to him you little shit

>thinking you'd be a millionaire now mining btc in 2013

yeah, no, they weren't pennies anymore back then

>Be OP's dad
>Think your only kid just ran off with 10k
>Well I guess I'm alone now. Might as well spend his college fund to get that damn bitcoin he liked so much
>2040
>Worth hundreds of millions but still old and dying alone due to emotional damage after son ran away.
>Get a call
>Hey dad it's me your son. You're not going to believe the shit I went through. I have 50k for you though!

This is pretty sad but as soon as you post an address begging it's larp

I don't want charity. I want to make the money myself. I will probably write a book about this if I ever hit 50k

this lol.
Your dad doesnt give a fuck about 10k. Its at most a year of work for him, it took him decades to grow you you pos :D

Call your dad

I don't think you understand.
>dad always tried to be a cool dad after mom died
>he would let me drink beer with him, etc
>I get him involved in cryptos
>trying to be a cool dad, he wants me to set up a mining rig
>we where middle class at the time
>10 grand was still a lot
>I lose it, adrenaline rush, and leave
I was rash I know, and I wish I would've just told him I lost the money. but it's to late. I have to make it back.

Like everyone else is saying, your dad doesn't give a shit about 10k now

You know the story about the prodigal son is in the old testament for a reason?

The reason is... shit happens.
You will only be able to talk to your dad while he is still alive. Dont live with the regret all your life after he passes. Tell him what you told us, and whatever happens happens.

Just bring him a hot pocket and be done with it!

I lost $300 today. Thanks I feel better now. Gl with your likely dead Dad.

>shitcoin trading
>in 2014

sureee buddy

Should been like me, kiddo. I was in college back in 2010 around when bitcoins first came out. Put in $500 and held. Cashed out $3,000,000 on coinbase recently.

Post proof

Oh man, tell the truth to your dad. BTW I'm feeling better. 6 years ago I was 12, mining BTC on the familial computer.

Had a lot of BTC and wonder what I've bought ? Yep a fucking HDD that would have costed me 500k$ atm

>OP quintuples the money
>Visits dad
>Dad has died a week before
>He forgot about that fucking money and just wished he would see his son back
OP, (You) in the picture.

/thread

Why is it too late? You can send him a letter or something and still make it back. You're not thinking about it from his shoes, only your need to hide away in shame unless the mistake is rectified.

And you didn't even bother to leave a note explaining that you didn't just abscond with his money like an outright thief? You're truly a piece of shit.

>tfw I was in college too but thought imaginary internet money was stupid and a waste of time
Now I'm 30, poor, a virgin, and still live at home with my parents. Please just kill me.

I would not worry about 50k, I would feel ok returning with 8k and telling him "I wanted to get your money back, but this is all I have now and I wanted to see you".

Op if you are telling the truth, please contact your father as soon as possible. You probably did ireparable emotional damage to him or worse. Just tell him the truth and give him the money you have now. Don't wait any longer.

Assuming this is true, you need to send your dad a postcard so he at least knows you're alive. He already lost his wife and now for all he knows his son may be dead as well. Handling this the way you have has undoubtedly hurt him a lot more than simply losing his money alone ever would have so if you want to make things right get your shit together, get a pen and explain what you're trying to do, ease his mind before he kills himself out of grief.
Though you're probably just a larping faggot in which case good show, this was guaranteed (you)s.

You had 10k in 2013 to invest with on crypto, and somehow managed to not be a millionaire? Jesus christ.

A fellow wizard, how sad. That's my position exactly so you can at least take some solace in knowing you're not completely alone. Misery loves company.

What were the shitcoins you lost money on?

>You probably did ireparable emotional damage to him or worse.

>be OP's dad
>no wife or other children
>raising his son is his only purpose in life
>son absconds with $10K
>dad is now utterly alone, believes his son is a thief who betrayed him and doesn't care about him, believes the entirety of his life as a man and a father is worthless

OP post your address, I want to beat the shit out of you.

>Be me
>Be poor
>Have a wealthy friend
>Talked about setting up BTC mining
>He says BTC is shit
>Pays 200$ and joins Talk Fusion after i said its a financial pyramid
>I'm poor and he is poor
>Lesson : If you want to make money you need to spend money. But if you have no money you can suck a big fat dick.

P.S If only i was born a girl... i would have prostituted myself.

You're a complete piece of shit.

Women ain't worth it anymore when you are in crypto m8

OP is severely retarded. Let's take it easy on him. Contact your father before it's too late. It's just money you MORON

Your dad doesn't give a fuck about the money you retard you disappearing for all this time hurt him way more

I hope you're a larper cause I refuse to believe anyone is this retarded

Amen, user.

Just link him to this thread so he can feel all the real feels and how bad your feels are. Dad's don't give a fuck about money when it comes to their kids (except when bitch ass females play keep-away). he's probably already made millions in crypto himself and 10k is nothing to him. Give him a call user.

L U R K M O A R
U
R
K

M
O
A
R

Come home, my son. I forgive you.