I sometimes wonder why if God really did exist, then why didn't he simply place a few angels around the globe

I sometimes wonder why if God really did exist, then why didn't he simply place a few angels around the globe.

I mean no-one would be able to deny that God exists, if Angel Gabriel or some other angels are calmly strolling around New York or Cape Town.

Why bother with revelations and holy books? Why bother with human prophets?

Are there any Christian or other religion apologists that can explain this?

>why didn't he simply place a few angels around the globe

Jesus Christ
Mohammed
Krishna
Buddha
Osiris

Etc.

because absolute certainty about the existence of god would kill our free will. if you absolutely know that if you do this or that you're going to heaven hell, you wouldn't make any moral choices, but choices out of fear.

Nice doubles
Anyways, sounds pretty pointless. Why make us at all then? Better to not have existed.

>Free will
>Don't fuck another men in the butt or you're going to burn in hell for eternity

topkek

If that were true, it would seem god needs to get better at his job because he really fucked that one up.

>majority of the world are religious
>majority of the world are content
>bluepilled western faggot comes along
>"hurr God messed it up"

Perhaps it's only you who fucked up their job?

Faith with proof isn't faith anymore; it's knowledge. God wants our faith. He wants servants who are loyal even when He's not home. What use is our knowledge to Him?

God is testing us to show us what kind of people we are. Are we the kind of people who choose to have faith in Him or not? What kind of people do we become when we can convince ourselves that no one is watching? God withholds His presence so that we might reveal our true natures to ourselves and to others.

Also, denying God even with proof is the one unforgivable sin, and I think God wants to stop most people from committing that one until Judgement Day, out of mercy. He wants to give us a chance.

>because absolute certainty about the existence of god would kill our free will.

Except the Bible is full of examples of God openly showing himself. So, nope, try again.

That doesn't make any sense, I don't need faith to know that my parents exist and I love them more than anything in the world and I'm loyal to them.

Why does God need our faith exactly? Why is he being so mysterious exactly, he can't blame people who don't believe in him since he failed to provide sufficient proof.

If there were blokes with wings stationed around the world, claiming to be the emissaries of the one true god, I'd be suspicious of them.

Using a much wiser chap's razor, I'd begin to suspect they might more reasonably be another intelligent race whose outlandish claims had worked out pretty well for them in the past.

You'd still need faith. Star Trek style, I'd even be suspicious of a seemingly omnipotent being that turned up and claimed to be god.

I'm not saying it'd be aliens but...

This. Honestly if there were winged faggots around the World oppressing us with holy ayy lmao rays i would look for a way to Kill the fuckers to aquire their tech.

This isn't humanities. It is divinity and has no place on this board.
Please respect the quality of this board in the future.
AtleastHeDidntTryToStartFlameWar/10

God's up against it with the whole second coming thing, actually. What kind of standard of proof will He be able to provide? It's going to take a bit more than a burning bush these days.

I'm just saying if there was a god consistent with any of the currently worshipped gods still around today, and it sent down that list of people/deities to further propagate its message or purpose, all it did was divide people further by belief and genrally confuse the masses as to what truth is legitimate. Unless you're just one of those niggas who wants to be "spiritual" and thinks god is universal or some other dumb shit that serves no purpose other than to make yourself feel better about being insignificant or to delude youself about the nature of reality in exchange for comfort. Not that thats necessarily a problem, you can do or believe what you like.

He will probably appear on some toast.

Underrated toast.

What would you say their job was? To spread generic religious belief without one clear ideaology in mind? Just supernatural reverence?

>I love them more than anything in the world and I'm loyal to them.
That is faith.

>he failed to provide sufficient proof
lol God has nothing to prove to you. We're the ones being tested, not Him.

>We're being tested.
>Just accept it and pass the test by doing what we say.