Mining

What is the cheapest, functional mining rig for mining shitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/coins
bloochat.com/qu8n8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing you can get your hands on at the moment

I set up 19 RX 480's mining ether last week for a total cost of about £4000 all-in. I still feel like I'm going to lose money because the network difficulty is pretty much doubling per month.

Use some of them to mine shitcoins. I made a killing mining DGB before it got popular.

RX cards are a meme for mining alts, I wish I got 1070s.

The one where you get someone else to pay for your electricity.

I think the USB ASIC miners are like $2.

Is it worth mining ethereum?

Yeah im mining Eth...
Ive made 70AUD in 4 days...
Thought I may as well do something with my 16T/flop gpu

pls explain further. RX cards and 1070's, at least for eth seem pretty comparable.

you are saying 1070 is a better miner in general?

usb asic miners are also like 2GH, any asic miner that is not doing 10+ TH will mine zero anything.

I'm using 10 years old cards and getting 50 MH/s. They don't build them like they used to

1070's cost more...they're literally a higher end card, wtf do you expect?

explain

So what do i buy if i want to set up a 24 card rig from scratch

OP wanted the cheapest functional miner and that fits his criteria.

Four six card rigs.
Most of the components are heavily price gouged by now. Honestly don't think it's worth it.

£120 for six pcie mobo (cheaper ones sold out)
£70 for 8GB RAM (4gb sold out)
£50 for pentium cpu (Celeron sold out)
£30 for HDD (wow, something not sold out!)
£40 or so for six risers (I'm surprised these aren't sold out)
£2400 for six GTX 1070s (price is increased by £100 compared to what it used to be but still not so bad as the RX price gouging).
£300 for 1200-1300W PSU (sold out, price gouged)
£20 for some shit case
£10 for some wood to make a frame

So... that's over £3000 to make a six card rig currently. The difficulty jumped by like 5% today alone as well.

Why mine eth and not other coins? Eth can't be the most profitable coin to mine.

whattomine.com/coins
See for yourself.
It does paint a more rosy picture than the reality. It shows 135W and 29MH for RX480 on ETH while in reality I am using more like 150W and making 24MH

Yes but could you not use that same rig to mine other coins with lower difficulty?

I got 15K to blow on a small rig debating on buying a premade 6 - 1080Tis from a company.

I don't know much about computers or this topic of mining but really want to do this unfortunately I really don't want to look like an idiot calling a company and not knowing squat shit but I really want to learn at the same time

any guides I can learn from?
or should I just buy it premade and pre programmed

I actually want to mine DGB and XVG

I can teach you how, come to this channel and lets talk:
bloochat.com/qu8n8
I don't want you to get scammed horribly by people trying to force feed you 1080 ti

You could switch to ETC eventually, no?