How can I stop being cynical and nihilistic?

How can I stop being cynical and nihilistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Going outside

Get a job and start a family.

*vaginal Jew steals half his money and takes the children*

Life's tough...

Take off that fedora.

Take the bread pill

This, really.
Also, some sort of spiritualism can't be bad either. Actually, I'm not sure if that is the right word.
Minimise your media consumption and try to spend the day with things you like. Rediscover things from your childhood, or try something new.
Get into culture (non-political, at best). Music that touches you for simply reminding you that you are a human being, with feelings and all.
Role-play. Be childish. Do things unironically, consciously, even if they may seem stupid

End your existential nightmare by taking your own life.

hhh
>Get sunlight
>Practice some sport
>Talk with some people

what game is that

>cynical and nihilistic?
Why are you even being cynical and nihilistic in the first place? You understand how your brain works right and that you have full 100% total control (unless you suffer form mental disorders) over what you think and feel. If you are being cynical and nihilistic, simply stop.

t. cynic and nihilist.

You do not practice nihilism, if you are, you're literally retarded and you should probably actually kill yourself as you believe you should. Nihilism and cynicism are things you should be aware of, not practice or inherit, you totally misunderstood these philsophers if you are actually practicing.

Talos Principle

realize that if nihilism posits that nothing matters, then the fact that nothing matters also doesn't matter, so wasting time worrying about it and using it as a backdrop for a cynical outlook that colors your perceptions of the world is paradoxically a system of belief that cannot be supported by nihilism.

if you are a nihilist, then any belief system you hold is thereby solely your own, and thus you are solely responsible for what you think about the world. like said, you don't practice nihilism. if you take what nihilism means to heart then that means the only one in control of your thoughts is you, and any outlook you possess is of your own invention, and any meaning you find in anything is fallacious outside of your own viewpoint. fortunately, this also means you can change your beliefs on a whim and decide for yourself what is important to you, and throw off all preexisting belief structures that you may have been adhering to, either wholesale or in fragments.

expose yourself to new ideas. read more. listen to cool podcasts. talk to people.

you kill yourself

have you ever grown a plant before?

Find beauty.

There's nothing wrong with being nihilistic except people use it as an excuse for fucktarded behavior.

You don't want your average nihilistic faggot histrionic ape.

They're just annoying. Just attempt to reach the highest level of (sustainable) order you can because entropy is an ever-living beast.

By reading God's Word and applying it to your life.

Which God?
Which Bible?
Which Denomination?

The one true God, Jehovah/Yahweh/Jesus.

The King James Version.

A Protestant or Reformed one.

>Protestant
LOL

Not an argument.

My plan worked, it begins.

It's not an argument, you are going to hell

By getting a lot of money and living life to its fullest

There is literally nothing wrong with nihilism or cynicism.

If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your savior, it is impossible to go to hell. Your sins are forgiven, cleansed away.

The Holy Spirit bears witness.

It won't make you happy.

Says you.

i genuinely appreciate this mark, thank you.

I've come up with two solutions to the nihilism problem, for me, this is what works.

First is work, any time that you start feeling nihilistic just work in something, getting your mind occupied solves a lot of it really.

Second, and this method i recommend the least, get your life into danger, i was struggling with nihilism until i was on a life or death situation, trust me, when you're fighting for your life you really stoo asking the question of 'why does it matter?' And start asking 'what can i do to survive' with the adrenaline rush the meaning of life is the least of your concerns.

Get a wicked sense of humor

it can if you try hard enough

no problem friendo

>le entropy meme
b2reddit

>denying thermodynamics
Why? Does it hurt your feelings, or are you just retarded?

do you seriously think that thermodynamics is everything there is to this fucking universe? If you can't get away from your retarded world vision where the only kind of logic that reigns is hard science then you're a fucking idiot. Go read a little about philosophy of science and understand that entropy isn't even engraved in stone to begin with.

Not to mention that the kind of "logic" you people put in a pedestal only works for the hard sciences.

I guess it's both. At what point did I say 'thermodynamics is everything there is to this universe'? Thermodynamics describes how energy works, not the whole universe you fucking dunce. Also, go read a little about what a 'law' is.
Not to mention, even if it weren't a law, you not liking wouldn't make it any less real.

While funny, that comment is wrong I'm that both of these people are technically right in regards to what nihilism means.

Many people simply need to have a greater purpose and material wealth doesn't cut it for them.

>Protestant or Reformed
>believing a literally made up religion
If you're not a Catholic or an Orthodox, you're not a Christian.

>which bible
Unedited untranslated Greek OR Aramaic OR Hebrew OR Latin bible. Don't understand any of those languages? Fuck you learn them or you're going to hell.

Like this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus

> i can't state properly what a law is so you better go look it up

What's that image from?

>You learn them or youre going to hell
B-but...

>a statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present.
Is this really the best you can do?

Finish Talos Principle and try to ponder the problems it raises regarding beauty, meaning and life.

>Don't understand any of those languages? Fuck you learn them or you're going to hell.
Man God is such an asshole.

Jus b yurself

>But b-being myself d-d-doesn't """"work""""!!!

By caring about others

>Fuck you

That sounds really Christian. Was that from Romans or Hebrews?

Take your head out of your own ass

>implying your brand of Christianity is any less made up than a Protestant's
Your lack of self-awareness is killing me.

loose your virginity

The Talos Principle

I've played it about 3 times and for 70 hours now

Alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.

/thread

Kill yourself retard

Had the complete opposite effect.

Did you hang out with people? Or you just stared from a distance? This selfvivisection of a post is depressing me

Realize that not caring about things, especially your own subsistence/continuing existence is going to cause you great pain so learn how to avoid that. Building off of avoiding the pain of death, build your values on top of that. What you end with is egoism, which is essentially the behavior of every living creature whether they like it or not.

that is, unless you're mentally ill and literally don't want to react to negative stimuli or physical harm.

>muh egoism

How's highschool treating you?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

I guess helping people in need, like through a local charity or buying lunch for a homeless man. Scientifically, small things like that go a long way in improving people's outlook.

by acknowledging your own hypocrisy

If you care about the fact that you're nihilistic, you aren't nihilistic

College is just fine. Also, insulting me is not getting you anywhere other than a brief self-satisfaction with yourself. Instead of just ejaculating an insult towards egoism, explain what makes it wrong. I hold it as true simply because acting against one's own interests results in some measure of self-destruction.

please, lets not turn this sour.

very true. it's just the implications of nihilism usually take a heavily pessimistic approach on Veeky Forums, from what i've seen.

you're right though, "real nihilist" vs "fake nihilist" doesn't make any sense.

>If you are being cynical and nihilistic, simply stop.

>Nihilism and cynicism are things you should be aware of, not practice or inherit, you totally misunderstood these philsophers if you are actually practicing.

are you like
retarded
or something user?