Can we please just give some credit to the Turkish army in WW1? They did far better than they had any right to...

Can we please just give some credit to the Turkish army in WW1? They did far better than they had any right to, or their performance in the Balkan Wars would indicate. Their situation in 1914 was a lot shittier than anyone remembers.

>railway length in the whole empire was 5,759 km; by comparison France had 51,000 km for a fifth of the land area.
>over 30% of the public budget was going to payment on debts to the European powers.
>there was only one cannon and small arms foundry in the entire empire, a single shell and bullet factory, and a single gunpowder factory, all located in East Thrace
>there were literally no chemical production facilities and very few petroleum refining facilities
>coal production was 826,000 tons in 1914: by comparison, France produced 40,000,000 tons, Britain 292,000,000
>Ottoman steel and pig iron production was non-existent
>Population was 22 million, of which only 12 million were ethnic Turks; rest were a hodgepodge of ethnic groups that were all potential rebel hot spots, and could be more of a liability than an asset if recruited into the army.
>for comparison, the Ottoman Turkish population was 1/3 that of Italy's Italian population
>GDP was about a quarter that of Italy, Austria-Hungary, or Japan, and less than a tenth that of Germany or the United Kingdom.
>one year earlier the Ottoman Empire had lost 32.7% of its territory and 20% of its population to the coalition of Bulgaria-Serbia-Greece-Montenegro in addition to suffering over a third of a million casualties
>one historian described that loss as "a military disaster of unprecedented magnitude for the empire, which all but destroyed the regular Turkish Army army as an effective fighting force"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6rTDD9iK3S0
youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq-2NLneaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cont.

>there were only about 588 shells available per gun in 1914
>led by a meme
>were outnumbered on literally every front they engaged in
>from the beginning of the war were engaged on their home territory
>had at least two and sometimes as many as six fronts active at a time
>fought in the Caucasus, Gallipoli, Mesopotamia, Sinai-Levant, eastern Europe, and Persia, plus several other minor fronts like Libya, South Arabia, and Macedonia

Despite all of this:
>hand the Anglos their largest defeat of the war
>hold a whole theater of war more or less on their own for 4 straight years
>still have 800,000 decently equipped men in the field when the war ends
>maintain a relatively decent casualty ratio in every theater they engage in except the Caucasus, doubly impressive when remembering that they're always outgunned
>tie down millions of enemy troops that would otherwise have been used to fight Germany
>ultimately reform their army to crush the numerically and materially superior Greeks in the War of Independence, becoming the only Central Power to flat-out reverse their surrender terms

wtf i love turkey now

Certainly impressive, perhaps I will do more reasearch on the Ottomans.

youtube.com/watch?v=6rTDD9iK3S0

Ottomans were the last great Muslim empire.

I'm sorry, but did someone actually think the turks could even start to win the war with this glorious fucker at the helm?

REMOVE KEBAB remove kebab
you are worst turk. you are the turk idiot you are the turk smell. return to croatioa. to our croatia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,bosnia we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole turk stink bosnia sqhipere shqipare..turk genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead turk..ahahahahahBOSNIA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 .albiania we kill the king , albania return to your precious mongolia….hahahahaha idiot turk and bosnian smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. russia+usa+croatia+slovak=kill bosnia…you will ww2/ tupac alive in serbia, tupac making album of serbia . fast rap tupac serbia. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink turk… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

tupac alive numbr one #1 in serbia ….fuck the croatia ,..FUCKk ashol turks no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the turk farm aminal with rap magic now we the serba rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and bosnia wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. serbia greattst countrey

The best thing about Turks is how much butthurt they have caused.

Serbs, Greeks and Armenians are still ass-annihiliated after all these years.

>britbongs successfully D-day'd the krauts
>britbongs failed to D-day the turkshits

turkshits are literally better at warfare than krauts

The book "Ordered to Die" by Edward J Erickson (where I pulled most of those statistics from) actually contains a section at the end identifying Turkish problems and how they could've performed better. It's basically "replace Enver Pasha" over and over again.

>be medieval serb
>bow down and accept glorious turkish masters
>eagerly serve as mercenaries for ottomans against your fellow christians
>be occupied for 400 years

>nearly 200 years later some genocidal lunatics gun down bosnian civilians before getting btfo

>in 2017 edgy kids on a bhutanese macaroni-art imageboard think this is badass and unironically believe that serbs are somehow turk-killing machines

They were also the first one to use firearms/gunpowder weapons in Europe.

China invented it, but the Turkish Jannisaries used it with frightening ability. Imagine being a medieval knight and facing a stick that shoots projectiles at such a high speed with such a ferocious sound and smoke that it would put crossbows to shame.

The most hilarious British episode of WW1 was probably when the British-French fleet of 60 battleships, pre-dreadnoughts, and cruisers got BTFO by a single mine layer and a handful of antiquated shore batteries. The result was 6 pre-dreadnoughts and 1 new battlecruiser destroyed or crippled, for the loss of a few dozen Turkish shore gun operators.

the best thing about turks is how much butthurt they radiate
turks are still ass-annihiliated after all these years

I agree with that, except they also needed to keep the arabs in line. Though one could argue that the arabs wouldn't have rebelled if the turks had been more successful early on.

I don't think anyone could possibly defend Enver Pasha with a straight face.

t. Alexei Sergeov Ivanovic

Like the massive amount of butthurt they caused /pol/ when they shot down a russian fighter?

>bhutanese macaroni-art imageboard
fucking kek

national shame from 1 defenseless rust bucket being "bravely" shot down b-but you lost the crimean war

they also sank your entire fleet

>to this day you can still trigger vatniks on a weeb board by mentioning something so insignificant

Thank you turks for giving me something to shitpost with

Also
>Lose entire empire and go on genocidal rage

A thread about Turks is guaranteed to create butthurt in the same way a thread about Egypt is guaranteed to bring in WE wuzzers.

Incorrect. The first use of Firearms in Europe extensively was in the Hussite wars. Let by the greatest but least known general, the hussites would turn back over ten papal sanctioned crusades, cuck the king of the HRE, and would set the stage for a reformation by winning a papal sanctioned tolerance for their heretic beliefs.

As an avid reader of WWI, the Ottomans did far better than their detractors expected. They tied up hundreds of thousands of invaluable troops which could've been used elsewhere.

The Turks at Gallipoli proved that they were dogged fighters, which the Aussies and Kiwis quickly respected. They even commemorate Johnny Turk as a valiant foe and allowed the descendants of Turkish veterans of Gallipoli to march in ANZAC day.

And everyone forgets how the Turks actually served in the Galician front; proving that had the Turks been properly equipped and supplied, they can be a modern fighting force. Their real weakness was their leadership like getting curb stomped in the Caucasus without winter gear or attempting to invade Suez despite landing gear.

>Their real weakness was their leadership like getting curb stomped in the Caucasus without winter gear or attempting to invade Suez despite landing gear.

Enver Pasha with his Pan-Turanism nonsense definitely cost the Ottomans a lot during the war. Not only in the Caucasus, but also his obsession with invading Persia.

>Like the massive amount of butthurt they caused /pol/ when they shot down a russian fighter?
i bet you didn't read what happened after the plane went down

Was there a dumber motherfucker than Enver Pasha in the World Wars?

Turkey is based
Turks are based
Erdogan is based

So fucking hella based

Are there wewuzzers who claim the turks were black?

If the Turks were successful earlier on there'd be no Arab revolt to speak of. Pretty much all the Arabs except for idyllic Westernized retards who got purged and dragnetted up before WW1 were willing to bet on whoever was likely to win. What I've read tends to treat the Arab revolt as a bit overblown to begin with and not all that relevant, so British failures would just further that situation.

Would be an interesting thought experiment of who might have best benefitted from a victorious Ottomans - the Hashemites at Mecca, the Al-Sauds still I think on their exile near Kuwait, or the Rashidis.

I think Rashidis or Saudis because the hashemites were still somewhat painted by that British conspiring brush.

>So shitty your own people come up with rumors that you're a Crypto-Jew.

Remarkably an Armenian nationalist I met actually hand waved the Turks to an extent by blaming it on Crypto-Jews.

Turks had pretty Veeky Forums uniforms.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq-2NLneaI

>dude lets march through the Caucasus lmao
>coats? supplies? lol faggots we wuz suleimen n shit
One asskicking later
>the Armenians d-did this!

the greco turkish of war of 1919 is what happened after the sacked enver, and this is after they lost millions of men and equipment in ww1

imagine a scenario where attaturk was in command of the whole ottoman army in ww1 instead of enver

top kek

They picked the wrong side, lost, and now the world is plagued with all the fundies that they no longer control.

They didn't get a chance to pick a side to be quite honest. The eternal Anglo made sure of that.

>bhutanese macaroni-art imageboard
NOICE

Gonna start using that.

>Mongolian Paper Folding Website

Is getting pretty played out.

was bretty impressive, indeed.
t. serb
you reap what you sow though. An oppressive empire had it's teeth kicked in.

Anybody have any more images of the Ottomans in World War I? You don't see them too often.

How will Serbs ever recover?

Roaches are bad at a lot of things, but they sure can fight.

Can't say the same for Arabs.

Pre-destiny was it?

Ah, finally some real good shitposting, not that "I'm actually hc /pol/, but I won't tell you to make me more credible" bullshit.

No one forced Enver Pasha to pretty much single-handedly drag his country into the war.

i dont know why you serbs are being smug about them when its you people who become their dogs and warred other christians for them helping the ottoman in their expansion.

No one said roaches can't fight, they are plague for other reasons

that's simply not true. and the fact that you're posting bullshit of such proportions means that you're probably one of our butthurt neighbors

Fighting against Anglos is easy peasy

on point my dude

top fucking kek

>Cockroaches are hard to kill
Not really a surprise

>T-T-Turks are actually great f-fights guiz. I s-swear

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*rapes you*

Don't ever post on my board again.

Get fucked Mehmed shill

Battle of Gallipoli in 1312
Battle of Dubravnica in 1381
Battle of Pločnik in 1386
Battle of Kosovo Field (pyrrhic)
Battle of Tripolje in 1402

Ottoman invasion of Serbia in 1425
Ottoman invasion of Serbia in 1427
Ottoman invasion of Serbia in 1437
Ottoman invasion of Serbia in 1438
Ottoman invasion of Serbia (1439–44)
Crusade of Varna
Battle of Nish (1443)
Battle of Kunovica in1444
Ottoman invasion of Serbia (1454–55)
Battle of Kruševac in 1454
Battle of Leskovac in 1454
Ottoman invasion of Serbia in 1456
Siege of Belgrade in 1456

Modern day:

War of Independence:

Battle of Drlupa
Battle of Svileuva
Battle of Adakale
Battle of Jagodina
Battle of Ivankovac (18 August 1805)
Battle of Rudnik
Battle of Vrbica
Battle of Mišar (12–15 August 1806)
Battle of Deligrad (December 1806)
Siege of Belgrade (1806)
Battle of Tičar
Battle of Loznica
Battle of Ljubić
The entire Serbian-Turkish war
The entire Balkan War

This applies to you faggots as well, Serbia did a hell of a lot more then much bigger Christian Balkan nations in the face of the T*urks before and after the occupation, especially Bosnia.

Anglos lost their ww1 battles against the Ottomans because of the anglos' own incompetency.

Australia and New Zealand were so upset about their men being used in cannon fodder under incompetent british officers. That they changed their constitutions to prevent the british from ever using their men again.

Bosnia was a heretic country. They didnt like catholics or eastern church and were even battling croats and serbs because they were heretically and non sided with any major church. So they (bogomils) accepted Islam much easily because christianity wasnt a friendly religion to them because they werent accepted by their own neighbors before. I hope I made sense. Based bosniak out, peace

autism

Imagine being a Turk and loosing a war to Italy.

No shame in that desu, Italy was in every way a much more powerful country than Turkey at the time (and that war was tiny and over a bunch of empty desert filled with raiders, not like the Turks lost much).

The Brits offered a very pretty penny in return for rebellion, and desert raiders aren't exactly long term thinkers.

enver was shit on the field but behind it, about logistics he did great and brought an ok army to wwi from an army which lost a war to couple of balkan states