Can someone explain why normies hate on office jobs?

Can someone explain why normies hate on office jobs?

You literally just sit around all day and do some mini-tasks while those under you, the blue collar guys, do most of the dirty work for pennies.

t. salad tossing kitchen guy that got promoted to management and has no idea what it's like in the office.

Other urls found in this thread:

meraki.cisco.com/jobs#open-positions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because of office politics and drama and ass licking co workers and whores etc

>Can someone explain why normies hate on office jobs?

Some say it is boring to work with just your head.
I personally dont understand any hate for a job you do not do yourself.
But well, I am german... we love work.

boring mind numbing, all the bureaucratic nonsense, paperwork like the other guy said office politic and drama,

Office culture and general expectations are fucking shit

I know a guy and he tells me he works for a little less than half the day and fucks around for the rest of it. I'd rather get all my work done and fucking leave, but you can't do that in an office. I'd be bored out of my fucking mind, and feel like I'm wasting my time

That office job will eventually make you want to die
>You just sit around all day doing menial task
Therein lies the problem. A common gripe is that the work is unending and meaningless. In other words the boss always has another stack of papers for you when finish that current stack of papers. There's no sense of completion much like running a treadmill.

As lon as you're not a retard and actually try to excel st your job, you'll be successful and it will be rewarding. Just don't be lazy and don't be stupid.

The office is mind numbing, if you harbor any feelings of individuality or independence, they will be promptly sucked out of you during worktime.

There is no flexibility, and everything is streamlined (i.e you know what to do, how to do, and how often to do it). There is little way to "work harder" other than spending more time there, and productivity doesn't mean as much as it could because the job is built from the ground up to be grueling and slow paced. Not even to mention having meetings to decide what to do about the meetings where you schedule more meetings to meet and talk about the productivity you're losing because of too many meetings. And also the insufferable parties and general "office life" that, because they are locking you into a cubicle with a dozen of others for 2/3 of your life (if you do overtime to actually work), is introduced as a very poor surrogate to having an actual family and actual friends.

t. used to work in an office that worked for a bank, now am a home office software designer and developer. Gain much less than I used to, but waste much less on meds and transportation, much more happy and feel like I make much more of a difference to clients (even in the eventual case the difference is failing them a little lol). Also there is much more prospect for growth now, I might eventually get paid much more than I would end up being paid in management.

So yeah basically it's pretty much school

Depends where you work I guess. I have an office job where I have a fair amount of freedom to innovate and be creative.

So basically, it's 9 hours of stress-free relaxing on a comfy chair while using your charisma to make your boss and co-workers like you while pretending to love the company and get paid for it.

Sorry but that sounds like heaven to me...

After working jobs where I move peoples luggage around, to running around serving hot plates of food and coffee.

Sitting down on a fucking chair in a cubicle doing menial shit sounds like paradise.

>boring
>meaningless work
>have to pretend to care

It's like this huge stupid game you have to play where you show up and pretend to be busy and no one cares about the work but everyone pretends that they care (maybe some really do?) and stays late and sucks up to the boss and manouevers in ways they think makes them look like good employees and people take credit and then the people complain about other people taking credit behind their back and then you go back to your desk and you put in some effort but it wouldn't have made any difference anyway and you don't care and then you have meetings where you have to pretend to give a shit and everyone knows its pointless and then you finish your work but you're being paid for your time not for the work to be done so you just pretend to look busy or some nerd asks for more work in the false belief that he'll get promoted for it but it doesn't work like that because no one really cares about results because its this huge stupid inefficient game that makes money off the 20% of people who actually produce stuff of value for the company

and then you wake up the next day and have to go through the whole ridiculous charade once again and for the next 50 years

Yeah don't get me wrong, there are people made for this, and also has a success case apparently. It's mostly that I enjoy the feeling of not being streamlined into things I guess. Working your own projects is indeed much harder than office hours, and is surely not for everyone as well.

>work technical support for enterprise networking company
>work ranges from hand holding retards through basic set up to deep diving into 20+ networking stacks to find bugs
>company has fully embraced west coast start up life
>catered breakfast and lunch, fully stocked kitchens and snack/drink bars
>office is filled with other young nerds, shit ton of gamers, weebs, hippies, but the company refuses to hire assholes so everyone's chill as fuck
>theres constant work to be done but they actively encourage us to leave when our shift is done and go enjoy life
>fuck ton of expensive trips and events throughout the year at no cost to us
>management is filled with competent and intelligent men and woman who are super easy to work under and will drop what they're doing to work with you on a hard call.

Yall need to move to the west coast.

>theres constant work to be done but they actively encourage us to leave when our shift is done and go enjoy life

I feel that's a genuine rarity in tech

Couldn't pay me to spend my time with insufferable American liberals.

Office politics, everyone hates everyone, everyone backstabbing, everyone trying to move up. Women starting bullshit rumors and fighting over Chad.

Often forced to work overtime without any compensation, it's just an expectation when you take the job. Usually have to work a Saturday or so a month. Work is usually mentally taxing, which can be a lot more stressful than physically taxing. You often bring your work home with you rather than when you step off the assembly line. If you are a lower position or new guy in a smaller office you get dumped on a lot, have to do all the shit nobody wants to do like order lunch on top of your current job.

Obviously this isn't with every office job but these are a lot of the things people hate about them.

>tfw work office job
>Full benefits
> 5 weeks vacation/yr
>Basically sit at desk on biz and bitrex all day
>Maybe take a phone call or send a few emails
>Maybe go to meeting. Check blockfoloio the whole time

I get paid to show up and breathe. iz bretty comfy, famalam

Dont worry, we wouldn't even hire people like you

You have to actually do work on the computer. It isn't sit around play games you fucking moron. This is the reason you work as a salad tosser for the rest of your life.

I worked both in office and manufacturing (cnc machines)

Office was clearly the fucking easiest shit ever.
>Come into air conditioned office in the early morning
>Start pc and maybe already the tools for work
>Chat with friends (Had some msn type of messenger. Could talk/chat/draw with every employee)
>Always burst out laughing from the shitposts
>Invite some random girls. Almost got one 16 year old girl to suck my dick. Refused though because she was fat
>Fucked up something? Press CTRL+Z
>In general office jobs give better payment
>No one gave a fuck when I was outside the office. I often went into our huge ass storage cellar and went to my dark room to sleep.
The problem here was that you LITERALLY had times where you had nothing to do. Time went never forward.

When I worked in manufacturing I literally felt like a slave.
>Boss comes up to you every minute like the dog you are, giving you new tasks every fucking minute.
>Shows up every 30 seconds to remind you of how important current shit is while also having 976 other express orders.
>Fuck something up something? Youre pretty much the asshole and caused a good loss of money.
>Broke a nail once and almost my whole finger.
>You reek of fucking steel and shit after work and all your clothes are fucking dirty.
>Huge responsibility for less money.
You cant hide from work. You will always be needed infront of the machine. Boss notices every second youre gone.

I work as a assembly technician now and I love it the most so far. Its manual labor again but its great.
I assemble punching tools
Payment also best so far (10k last month) if I have some tasks oversea.
The manufacturing here is also super stressed. I guess manufacturing in general is something youd never want to do, unless youre somehow interested in the products (like manufacturing rims or shit)
They literally envy our chill job.
I want to continue my job in some other company though. Kinda far away and I'd love to assemble car related stuff the most.

>Doesn't hire assholes

your company is going no where.

exact same situation

>mfw ill be be transferred to home office at the end of the summer

holy FUCK i cannot wait to get to shitpost on biz all day

I make 70k a year working a blue collar job. My work helps keeps me in shape and all my coworkers are bros. Theres a lighthearted rowdiness on the job due to there being no women to get upset about ribbing. I can easily display value by producing more than my coworkers, there is no politics, no middle management, minimal bullshit.

I went back to school 5 years ago to get my cpa and become an accountant but i just couldnt complete it because my book keeping job i had was so miserable due to the office environment. Its like a cage and i couldnt commit to feeling caged for the rest of my career

We went from a million dollar company three years ago to almost a billion dollar company today, but okay

Thats great, nice to hear that.

But all this pristine clean work environment for the elite might get tainted by selfishness and politics eventually.

Assholes solve these sorts of problems. If everyone is a carrot nibbler, eventually the narcissist takes over and dives the company to the red.

Are there any openings where you work?

Lmao no, assholes cause those problems, because they're assholes.

We don't have a problem with narcissists(re: assholes) because we don't hire them.

Believe it or not you can be a stern and success oriented leader without being a huge cock.

Also there are like 800 + people in the company if you think one person will drag it down then lmao.

Well all the more power to you guys then.

Your company gives off an impression that you all enjoy smelling your farts though. But I guess that's your typical west coast tech start-up.

>being glad about working only with men

Literally the biggest upside of an office is having lots of women forcibly spend half their day with you and then fucking them when you are all drunk at the Christmas party or on a company retreat.

What do you literally do on office jobs? I'm not college educated and never will be so I won't be working a day in office in my life.

I will probably never even have any idea what they do in those 8 hours

meraki.cisco.com/jobs#open-positions

I'm from Finland so I have literally zero idea what kind of office jobs exist outside of engineering and accounting. I'm not cut out for either of those

Are you retarded? Working with women in an office setting is horrible. They are all insufferable bitches to each other and play office politics more than they do any actual work. Women are the ones who call meeting after meeting after meeting because they are afraid to make any decisions so they try to foist off responsibility by making it seem like a consensus. In every office I've worked at more than half the women aren't remotely fuckable even if their personalities were't complete garbage. Fat, annoying cat ladies who's shrill laughter and piercing voices pollute the entire atmosphere. If by some chance one or two of them are attractive, you can be they are already getting fucked by an executive and just biding their time until they get a promotion for being a grade A whore.\

Women in the office are the worst. No thanks.

Im married so office harpies are nothing but an annoyance. I can honestly say working with women was one of the worst things about being in an office. Working with men is so much more laid back

>west coast startup entreprise
>gamers, weebs, hippies
Read between the lines. Their whole company is a bunch of millenial assholes. user's idea of "chill" is likely to rag on Trump with his nerdy friends and then go spend two thirds of his 150k salary on rent, dinners and Uber.

Your idea of heaven is to be a full grown adult who has no choice but to sit in the same shitty cubicle 8.5 hours a day (+ commute) doing work you don't care about, getting bossed around by a manager you don't like, and hanging out with people you wouldn't have any interest in if you weren't literally forced to be around them?

Thanks. There're a lot of jobs there... Are you guys actually hiring for all of them or is it just a kind of, "We keep things on file just in case," sort of dealie?

Ive worked a few office jobs and vame to the conclusion that most companies could have their personnel come in and work 2 houts every day instead of 8, and the same amount of work would be done.
Also, big difference in working just for the money and working someplace that aligns with personal goals.

My rent is

Rent is less than thirty percent of my income, don't know why it cut out the less than symbol.

>blah blabh blahb

>I work in a safe clean utopian work place with no politics or assholes

>Watch me hug myself i'm so blessed

No one is jealous of you, they think you're being a little faggot.

We're pretty much always actively hiring. Every month there's a another new hire group filled with people for every department. The company is in a huge growth period right now and we're actually struggling to keep up at times.

this is like saying "Prison is nothing but stress-free relaxing with free meals provided for you"

Not married but this. Dudes can generally shit all over each other, we can argue fiercely and still be cool with each other. The Dynamics changes when there's chicks there.

Stop LARPing you little faggot.

>no politics
>everyone is nice and talented and smart
>i feel so special and so part of this team of great innovators
>i feel like im above the rest of humanity because i found my little nook where i get snacky perks

You write in this strange combination of naivety and condescension, if what you say is true, it likely means you're not an important member of the organization and the moment any low level of performance is sustained all your perks are going to dry up and you're going to start that long process of cognitive dissonance that marks the turning point of a college grad.

You're really sheltered.

Normies don't hate on office jobs. They praise them even. Only bottom of the barrel blue collar fags hate office jobs

It's more tiring and damaging my head to stare at the screen for 8 hours having nothing to do with working for some reason

I don't like being micromanaged for banal tasks that a literal high schooler could do with a tiny amount of otj training but somehow my bachelor's degree makes me qualified to do it better.

That being said it beats working at a restaurant.

>entire thread dedicated to bitching about the awful world of cubicle office 9-5s
>someone points out this isn't always the case and some companies are awesome
>wow stop larping faggot you sheltered prick we wouldn't even want to work there anyway

Lmao have a good day Veeky Forums

i have my own office at my job and desu as long as I get my work done nobody cares what I do

I both love it and hate it - i listen to podcasts all day while doing my miscellaneous tasks and when I have nothing to do I lay down, stretch, go on a walk, etc

Same , not interested in working in the heart of liberal BS

I love my office job. M-F 8 hours whenever I want to come in. Can work from home if needed. Decent compensation (wish it was more), extremely relaxed environment, no micromanagement.
T. IBM system administrator.

Normies have office jobs. Any schlump that sits behind a desk from 9-5 is living a hollow dead life.

>Sorry but that sounds like heaven to me...

When you can wrap your head around something, it is. An absolute horror, if you need to pretend to work

I have a job where I sit at the office for 12h at a time and I absolutely hate it. I do legitimate work maybe hour a day, rest of the day I spend shitposting Veeky Forums and looking at crypto exchanges but it gets absurdly mind numbing, especially that my co workers are total normie fags and managers and bosses are retarded, constant office drama and backstabbing, I hate all of these people so much.

Probably grass is just greener on the other side OP, even if I get paid to do nothing but sit on my ass all day I still hate it.

no one cares

underage banned

>passive aggression
I think that's a reason why

>Not even to mention having meetings to decide what to do about the meetings where you schedule more meetings to meet and talk about the productivity you're losing because of too many meetings.

Andrew Klavan, is that you?

>Because of office politics and drama

This. Everyone is bored out their minds and go round causing trouble and little groups and bitch about everyone else.

I drive a truck and get to be by myself all day and listen to the radio. Low stress, reasonable money and I dont need to speak to anyone or pretend to give a shit about anything.

Constantly pretending to work became the most stressful thing I've ever done.
It becomes paranoia because you feel it's obvious that you're not actually doing anything and yet you keep getting paid to do it.

I work in a factory where I both have shifts sitting in front of monitors and controlling the production, and shifts where I am the outside man and drive machines, fix minor issues, bang on silos with a hammer, bang on stuck product with a 8foot metal spear, clean with broom and shovel and industrial central vacuum cleaner and also make tests on the product.

Outside work can be gruelling and outright dangerous at times (getting cut, backpains, danger of getting arm trapped in conveyer belts, danger of getting crushed in large machinery or driven down by a loader, danger of being blown up, dust hazard, dangerous vapour hazard, etc etc etc)
But I can always keep busy, manage my own tasks, and smoke whenever I want when I am outside. A 8hour shift passes in 2 it feels like

Control room duty can be very very demanding and keeping a load of balls in the air at a time. So concentration-requiring I get ticks and tension in the shoulder and neck. Then a shift passes quickly.
Sometimes everything is peachy and the process basically runs itself, and I can spend time on the computer reading news and checking cars and houses for sale etc.
This gets boring after a couple of hours.
Two of those shifts in a row and I start to get seriously ADHD like and fidget like hell and get fucking bored. Think about deliberately fucking up the production just so I have some buttons to push and stuff to do.

I could never ever ever imagine working a job like that 5 days a week for the rest of my life.
Going to work and feeling like you are not needed for 8 hours feels like I am wasting my time and would rather be home. As long as I can keep moderately busy, I feel much more fulfilled

I really like the variation in my job, and the pay is middle-class level app 35.000 Euros after tax a year depending on overtime etc.

This was me until I found out that everyone else where I work does the same shit - seems like a hivemind scam where nobody wants to admit we have too many people to do what needs to be done because people would start getting let go

Blue collar guys have more fun with the banter and social pub atmosphere. Being a chair ridden cubicle slave under fluorescent lighting is depressing as fuck.

I work in an all-male office and we banter back and forth all the time.

Good for you but that isn't the norm since HR departments need to meet diversity quotas. I'm guessing it's your own start-up?

I work in an all female office.

As a white cis male I was a diversity hire

>mfw

How do I get an office job?

Sounds fucking great compared to what I do now (Short order cook)

I work an office job but I have to work 90 hours a week. I so bad want a normal schedule but the paychecks are too good.

Seems like you really need a bachelors degree these days for most non shit office jobs (have your own office, decent wage). Presumably you don't have one or you'd probably not be a short order cook

You may be able to find something but guaranteed it'll be a cube farm

What the fuck how is the economy even functioning with so many people inefficiently doing nothing of value and still making way more than people you actually see moving their bodies to work and producing tangible things of value.

i work in inside sales. not to be that fag, but im literally just better at my job than all the retards i work with. i put in 50% the energy they do, and still do better. usually hit my monthly goal within in a week or 2, spend some time prepping for next month, then shit post on biz for 2 weeks kek

This. I have X amount of work that takes Y amount of time

For the first year I constantly asked for more work until they basically took me aside and said stop and just enjoy the free time

I dont like it either since I actually have a work ethic

>salad tossing

underrated post

You could say the same thing about firefighters. Most of time, they're just sitting around doing nothing. But when emergencies happen, they have to go to work.

A salary job is different than a wage job. When you work a wage job, you'll get worked like a dog and micromanaged to hell. With a salaried job, you mostly manage yourself and do the work at your own discretion. Ultimately, it's the results that matter so the boss won't care if you're slacking every now then as long you get the job done.

Thank middle management, the dumbest idea ever, for boring white collar jobs.