Veeky Forums ARK Delegate Update thread!

hey Veeky Forums I'm back to give you all an update on the biz delegate after a week of forging, our first full payday is upon us, currently we have forged 2,155 ARK since last Monday, all of which will be going to biz voters. We are currently rank #9. The highest rank we've ever achieved being rank #4.

1. Last Monday we successfully executed the faith payment in celebration of biz reaching our goal together, good job Veeky Forumsraelis this was as fun ride lets keep it going strong

2. Some concerns about our high ranking is that whales are jumping on the biz delegate to leech some of the 50 day 100% payout. Voters in the discord ( discord.gg/n2773 ) have been discussing solutions, one of the most promising solutions being a new payout algorithm that will benefit small holders of ARK that are voting for biz, while also punishing delegate hopping. Any new code will be open source and available for anyone to read

3. We still maintain the most voters BY FAR (650+) This makes us unique compared to other delegates and also pretty heckin stable.

4. We want to maintain this delegate for years to come and continue expanding this operation. new ideas are always welcome from Veeky Forums anons, the purpose of this project after all is to help Veeky Forums get rich together.

---links---
ARK Website:................ark.io
chbt's biz voter data:......pastebin.com/raw/Ed2PyMDP
voter ranking:.................arknode.net/VoteReport.txt
Delegate Monitor............explorer.arkcoin.net/delegateMonitor
Ark leddit:......................reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/
biz delegate discord........discord.gg/n2773

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68
discord.gg/n2773
discord.gg/c5w6BD
github.com/Moustikitos/arky
pastebin.com/raw/Ed2PyMDP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

daily reminder that Ark provides nothing of value

Biz voter here, thanks for the update.

daily reminder that your life provides nothing of value

nice defense

>2. Some concerns about our high ranking is that whales are jumping on the biz delegate to leech some of the 50 day 100% payout.
May I get a summary of the algorithm?
I voted for Veeky Forums before it got into top 51, and suddenly jumping up to 12th or higher place, I was concerned it would become a spending contest against a whale to at least get a weekly payout.

Not true. Value of ARK is its stability.
Other coins come and go, but ARK is here everyday.
That's a real value.

>our first full payday is upon us
I thought that was Monday? Is it going out today instead? Either is fine with me.

Monday was only a day's worth of pay. Weekly is the standard.

OP, please answer.

Is it true that we receive less coins now that the delegate is so big?

Yes I understand that, I mean that I thought it would be sent out weekly on Monday's from now on. Like I said I'm fine with whatever though.
There's been a few different options discussed but nothing finalized.

what even is this faggotry and am I too late to be a part of it?

Yes.

So we get paid ever Saturday now? Damn. Would have moved my purchases into my wallet then.

Sure. The following was proposed by a voter in the discord:

"Averages based on ALL delegates, not just the biz pool (this stops whales from splitting into smaller wallets to benefit themselves).

-- Whale Penalty
Bottom 20% get 100% payout before other deductions.
Middle 60% get 90% payout before other deductions.
Top 20% get 80% Payout before other deductions.
Maybe pareto principle (80/20)?

-- Hopper Penalty
When joining, check ARK against total ARK in top 51, somehow weigh it?

-- Time in Pool Penalty (exponential to 90%, then long linear slope)
Linear decay for x seconds where x is the average membership time (in blocks) of the biz pool (or should it be all pools?).

-- Balance addition Penalty
Rolling average for balance changes - if less than rolling average (based on block count), no penalty. ie: 1 ARK @ block 0 - block 99, then add 99 ARK in block 100 - average is ((199) + (991)/100) == 1.98 ARK. Penalty for being significantly above rolling average (not sure what kind of implementation to use for this but continued rolling average should be used to calculate penalty).

All deductions multiplicative.

Maybe do bottom 20% based on pool but top 20% based on ALL top 51. Not sure if it could cause dangerous overlap somehow, kinda tired.
I think bottom 20% based on pool and top 20% based on entire top 51 would work better. Cause then we can have more than 20% of our pool getting 100% payouts"

lets put it this way a guy had 3500, he received a payout of 0.9. So no, if your holding anything under 1000 in that wallet you aint getting shit.

If I own 165 ARK will I get anything weekly or is it too small?

every monday is pay day

This is kind of unfair to those who have decent sized wallets and joined the pool before we hit top 51.

I own 150 and didn't get anything, so don't waste your time

this among other things is why the algorithm is still being worked on.
yeah because we forged for like 1.5 days when that payout went out

Can you answer my question then?

I got 2.8 with 3519, it also takes into account how long you've been voting for the node.

Why do you have to be such a kike? I put 20k in back when we were 56 yet these poorfags are butthurt that their 40 ark isn't going to get them a good payout so you have to change the rules and screw those of us that made the actual contributions to get us in the top 51. Everyone should be paid the same share and if people join later then so be it. This is just the start of this delegate being in the top 51, three months from now we could be out of the top 51 because of this liberal gibsmedats for the poorfags so you punish "muh whales" even though they are the ones giving us security.

Think of it this way, we can safely be top 51 without people outside of Veeky Forums. If he can put things into place that punish latecomers while exempting those of us that were in before we hit top 51 then that also increases our payouts as the pool will be smaller.

Agree. If anything there should only be a max. cap of Ark received to stop let's say anyone with 5kk ark hopping and looting or whatever.

In another ARK delegate thread, I also saw a lottery-type system. Are there any opinions on that? For example, in addition to the weekly payout, there's also a lottery in which the voters are eligible. Given the current situation, it can be restricted to the poorer anons (thus doesn't incentivize more whales), while still not being a definite rule to benefit from because of random chance.

calc "(100/1200000) * 422 * 7"
~0.24616666666666666667
If you had 100, you'd get above amount. Which is above the transaction fee of 0.1. So there's something.
Which reminds me, if someone is below the transaction fee, does payment never come, or does a hypothetical payment from the previous week carry over until a threshhold is met to profitably send?

>any opinion on lotteries
I hate lotteries.

I did not come up with this solution, if you have a better idea be proactive and start a discussion on a better solution. Secondly, this algo does not even exist yet faggot its still being worked on and discussed by voters.
arky takes into account how long you have been voting as well as your weight in the pool, do the math to figure how much you will be getting back

I got 497,6 ARK in my wallet and voted last monday.

How much will I get and when? I am just curious. Planning to stay here for the long run.

Is there an ARK discord which I could join to keep up with my fellow ARK investors from biz?

yes read the op

Its in the OP.

HOW I GET IN?!

>calc "(100/1200000) * 422 * 7"

Cool, thanks for an answer!
Not much but still I am glad to be part of a vote.

>HOW DO I GET IN?
blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68

I dislike conventional lotteries. But in this case our tickets is the 1 ARK we spent to vote, and the ticket isn't consumed. Supposedly we kept it the payout fair for both Veeky Forums whales and minnows, but the minnows get [only] a chance to have their vote earn them something.

>arky takes into account how long you have been voting

I voted the first day, twice by a mistake.

>discord.gg/n2773
instant invite invalid of has expired

And how much do you estimate ARK will be worth in the coming months? are there any events happening soon?

Well that lotto money has to be coming from somewhere so I'm against it.

nice meme u fuck

discord.gg/c5w6BD
my bad

thanks nerd, cheers.

Whatever time interval could work.
Lottery held every x number of weeks, accumulated from a repartitioned payout such as (100% - a%) voter, ((100% - a%) - b%) delegate, remainder b% being the lotto.

pls respond

I mistyped on the formula, but hopefully the idea is gotten across.
a% - b% for delegate*

THE DELEGATE POSTED THE OLD ALGO FROM A WHILE AGO

THIS IS THE MUCH SIMPLER ONE WE DECIDED

How do I mine ARK?

Arky, a payout tool someone else made, already handles weighing by join date and people keeping a wallet with 0 ARK in a pool and then dumping a bunch in before payout.

The only thing we need to do now is protect Veeky Forums voters from non-biz whales hopping in and reducing our payout.

A simple "pay everyone who voted before 51" solves this.

ARK is not POW. You can *mine* ARK by voting in a delegate and having some ARK in your wallet.

>have 812 ARK
>only get paid 0.52 from vote weekly payment

....why did I even buy this

Your boy Alecthemakc was the first delegate to vote. Is this going to be good for me I only hold 886.

because ark will appreciate in value. dont have such nigger teir short sightedness

What the fuck you filthy kike? I was promised by you that payout will be 90%. Now I get some communist bullshit with 20% whale panalty. Either you get your shit together and start treating equally or I will take my 100 k and start my own campaign to fuck you and overtake your delegate position, you fucking incompetent imbecile

well thanks everyone.

calc "(812/1200000) * 422 * 1.5"

Is that really your weekly payout or was it the day and a half faith payout from Monday?

I voted on the 12th with a little over 1k ARK, and it looks like I didn't get any payout. Is this due to timing or amount?

see

Formula's been posted multiple times, plugin your number.

Timing, you should get a payout Monday.

Get money back in 2 weeks, get paid for ever.
Seems like a sweet deal.

This is the kind of insight I can get behind,

Switching vote to Veeky Forums

I'm the guy who wrote the proposal and is writing the new payout algorithm.

What was posted here was just CLIFF NOTES for MYSELF that people asked me to post. It is NOT finalized, and ignore the entire Whale Penalty section.

Let me make this very clear:

ALL PRE-51 VOTERS ARE GRANDFATHERED PERMANENTLY UNLESS THEY HOP POOLS.

Rolling balance has already been integrated into Arky, and Time in Pool Penalty is being worked on as well (arky ALREADY HAS THIS BUILT IN, but it's a shitty static time variable which is not fair and discriminates against oldfags in a longstanding pool).

THERE WILL BE A PROPER VOTE BEFORE WE DO ANYTHING!

How about you see my boot up your arse?
You cunt was licking our balls to get support now you start acting like fucking political delegate. Only thing in here what matters is amount of ark person is giving to you and if you keep your bullshit up I can easily organize 400k ark pullout and you will loose your delegate position.
After that have fun telling +600 people why where are no payouts

See
and calm the fuck down. You're going to be grandfathered in @ 90% permanently if this does happen, and it won't without a proper vote.

This is true, I ctrl+v'd an old version of the algo

Any exact time of this?

Some guy doesn't read the entire thread or post and gets assblasted. Having a chuckle here.

Dude did you not read the other posts before typing?

You're literally arguing against something that was never going to be implemented.

im too lazy now gimme the git source pls

i bought more arks in order to take gains, with 237 i'm still out... should i join the 40th pool?

>i'm still out
You should be getting at least some payout Monday.

Checked the client and received my 0.97 Ark. OP is not a faggot.

it's sad because i voted in the first 20 minutes maybe.... i belived in that from the beginning....
check my address if you dont trust in me...
AX9...............uPs

well if you followed the whole thing you know that OP is robin hood

block explorer is down, what is the problem?

To be absolutely clear, the next payout is MONDAY June 19th.
For Monday's payout, we are using the newest version of Arky ONLY.
Nothing else!

github.com/Moustikitos/arky

>ALL PRE-51 VOTERS ARE GRANDFATHERED PERMANENTLY UNLESS THEY HOP POOLS.

I am pre 51 voter. If I put more ARK into my wallet will I get more ARK from the delegate?

Beat it then loser, start your own campaign. No one is making you vote for anyone and you're a fucking asshole for threatening to leave a delegate, especially without showing any proof. Leave then. It's a free market system. You're not the only whale on board. I'll keep my 100k in and will buy more when you leave.

complete proof of stake newfag here. I just joined with 422 votes. What does that mean for me?

Beat it loser. See above. Remove your ark from the delegate and start your 400k campaign. You don't matter.

It depends on how big your bag is, but you will never get less.

>pastebin.com/raw/Ed2PyMDP

All these faggots with their supposed massive Ark halls, according to the voter data there is only one voter over 100 k. One or both of you are lying faggots.

>It depends on how big your bag is

Can't you give me yes/no answer?

I have 160 ARK now, what if I buy 10 000 more?

Will I it count or will it be "post 51 votes"?

No I can't, because it's not a yes/no answer FFS. Do you even understand how payouts work?

Your wallet is grandfathered, not your balance.

Consistent value is a meme now?

>Do you even understand how payouts work?

No I don't. That is why I ask questions.

Can you explain how the rolling average is calculated to determine payout. My issue is that I have in the past week retracted all the ARK from my wallet for about 24 hours total in an effort to day trade a little bit. Is the rolling average psuedo continuous meaning is it calculated every 5 minutes, 10 minutes or so or is it more disparate (you calculate size of wallet 10 times in a day say). Just want to know how retractions for certain periods of time affect payout

You can earn more on the daily 4000 sat swing than staking

It's based on your balance out of the pool's total balance (that's how it works for every delegate).

yes but I like to be /comfy/ with ARK because with the size of my wallet I could make like 30 ARK a week and I don't have to worry about it since /longterm/
i daytrade in many coins and make lots of money but then i always put them back into ARK at the end of the day if ARK looks low

>It's based on your balance out of the pool's total balance

How confusing...

I will ask again:
If I put 10 000 more ark into my wallet that I used to vote pre-51 will I get more ARKs or it is too late?

You might actually be retarded. I can't help you.

>politely ask a question
>ask it again, but rephrase it
>ask again
>get no clear answer
>get called a retard

It feels like you want me to sell my ARK and start shitting at it.

Thank you based magnetbro

You dont have to revote once you vote your in. If you add more to your wallet it will be added to the pool. No need to revote.

>You dont have to revote once you vote your in. If you add more to your wallet it will be added to the pool. No need to revote.

Thank you, I will get more ARK then.

Great idea

I only got paid once so far. Are the payouts weekly?