What is Franco joined the axis?

What is Franco joined the axis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_at_Hendaye
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is no

I honestly don't think it would have made much difference.

why?

Nothing changes other than Spain collapsing. There was nothing Spain could do to help the Axis win.

Because Spain didn't have any real Navy during that time period. All their ships were lost during the civil war in 1936–39. They would have had nothing to contribute to the Axis war effort.

They could have closed the Gibraltar with coastal bombardment

Nothing would have changed in long term, The axis would lost Africa and then Italy anyway

then Torch would have been on Andalucia instead of Morocco, no big deal

With the magic army who automatically spam in any country who join to the axis right? Spain did not have the resources to close the Gibraltar Strait

You have a point there. It might have been more difficult for Britain to access the Mediterranean. But the real prize is the Atlantic, and Spain had nothing which could have influenced the outcome there. Spain did have a battleship program (based on the Italian Littorio-class) but the war started before any ships were laid down, and then the plan was cancelled altogether once Franco adopted a policy of remaining neutral.

Spain was in bad shape after the civil war in 1939, and the Spanish people wouldn't stomach entering another war within months of their civil war. Generally a bad move if you're a new dictator trying to consolidate power.

If he did join, the exhausted Spanish military wouldn't be able to do much. Allies would've landed from near Portugal and defeat Spain with less effort than what was used on Italy.

Better question is what if Turkey joined the Axis?

What if they both had joined the Axis?

What if every country joined the Axis? My god, they would have been unstoppable.

This, Turkey (Unlike Spain) could have changed the outcome of the war

You're either stupid or baiting

What if USA had joined Axis?

Had Germany captured Moscow by 1943 and defeated the large salient at Kharkov and was close to Baku. Then Turkey would have definitely joined in.

Turkey assists German Armies finally break the British at North Africa and gives them access to the Oil fields of Russia through /Armenia/Azerbaijan.

If Germany had started to annihilate Russia by 1944, then my theory is that quite a lot of other countries including Spain would have joined the Axis.

The British would not be able to mount field armies anywhere at this point. Spain captures Gibraltar and closes off the Mediterranean. Argentina captures the Maldives. Iran becomes an Axis satellite.

Only problem in this scenario is USA/Japan conflict.

If Japan delays US intervention by creating greater losses for the Americans at battles like Midway and Coral Sea, then USA delay comes at the cost of USSR. If this happens even if USA has nukes at this point they cannot intervene and the Axis wins.

why in the living fuck would Turkey do that?

Franco wanted to conquer portugal.

Portugal was fascist at the time, why would he want that?

From what I read, Hitler offered him parts of Pyrenee France and Morocco, but he still refused.

Id Spain joins, it seems to me that it makes germany's position weaker, not stronger.
Because then they would have to defend twice as much coastline against attacks.

German plans :
Operation Felix
Operation Isabella
British plans :
Operation Backbone
Operation Puma

Then we would have a free Catalonia and Baskia today.

This. It's pretty much Italy 2.0

citation needed

not the other user but en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_at_Hendaye

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_at_Hendaye

"The only concrete result was the signing of a secret agreement under which Franco was committed to enter the war at a date of his own choosing, while Hitler gave only vague guarantees that Spain would receive "territories in Africa."

I don't believe that Portugal is fascist.

What if France and Britain stay neutral, Turkey joins the French whilst America and Germany join the British. The USSR, not wanting to join either remain neutral and Japan and China form an alliance based off armed neutrality. Italy initially joins the neutral Swiss but changes to Francos side when he sees how effective his neutral policy is at avoiding war with the neutral French.

>Argentina captures the Maldives.
wat

He obviously meant Malta, duh

I like it.

He probably meant Las Malvinas AKA The Falklands.

>Had Germany captured Moscow by 1943
That's a very big stretch

Actually it's not. But thanks to Hitler's stupidity and reserve divisions from Siberia, Moscow wasn't captured

>muh Siberian reserves
>muh Hitler cost the Nazis the war

>Then Turkey would have definitely joined in.
Hitler please, you would still be losing.
Are you implying north africa front could be turned around and won in 1943? Hitler did try but to no avail.

>annihilate Russia
>in 1944
pick one

Actually it is, when were the germans ever close to taking moscow outside of december 1941?