Largest structure ever built

>Largest structure ever built
>Larger than the Wall of China
>No proof or any ruins because you know, it was made of mud so it collapsed due to the rain.
But hey, we have to believe it.

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/pdf/2713754.pdf
jstor.org/stable/pdf/3014294.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well yes that's how it works

moar liek the benis wall :DD

no it's not how it works
you cannot claim there was an structure larger than the wall of china when there's no proof of it

>No proof or any ruins because you know, it was made of mud so it collapsed due to the rain.

Are you retarded?

Is that your proof of a wall bigger than the wall of china?
any city in europe had walls bigger than that.

Reminds me of that abo inventor that had a thousand different patents but "misplaced" them before he took them to the patent office.

You must not know about the wall of China, son.

you sure that't not just accidental natural land formation? seems to shitty to be a wall

No, I'm saying that your claim that there are no proof or any ruins because the mud washed away in the rain is retarded, because there are large sections that are still around today that you could visit. You have mentions of it from the late 19th century punitive expedition that the Britsh embarked upon. You have stuff going on RIGHT NOW about how people wanting to build stuff try to get permission to tear down sections of it so they can clear the grounds.

The proof is right there, you're just a retard.

>you can't just claim

You people are retarded.

You can tell through excavations, the entire structure doesn't have to continue to exist, retards!

I wouldn't mind seeing some made-up facts to win your argument here.

Those are the only ones that convince me.

it really doesn't look like wall though, no sign of human craftmanship, literally just big mounds
even gobekli tepe look more advanced

only 2 photos
could be any wall
not the fucking largest wall of the planet
that's what I mean

>no sign of human craftmanship, literally just big mound
>even gobekli tepe look more advanced
this too

oh right the british tear down a wall bigger than the wall of china
sure

shes fucking ugly

Nobody says it's the largest. What kind of history books have you guys been reading

>benin

Well then, why don't you go there and look, since it's so impossible for it to be there. Or read some scholarly work on the subject.

jstor.org/stable/pdf/2713754.pdf
jstor.org/stable/pdf/3014294.pdf

But don't claim there's no evidence just because you're head is so far up your own ass you can't see clearly.

You really are retarded. I didn't claim that the British tore it down. I'm claiming that the British noted it was there in their 1897 expedition. Significant portions of the walls are extant to-fucking-day.

multiple webs say it

>Being this stupid
That wall is far to consistent and relatively smooth to be natural. Also the fact that it is in a straight line and you can see what looks like a doorway on the far end.

WE WUZ WALLS N SHIT!

it no have rampart = not wall
EATTTT THTA NNNN NIGGER

>The Benin wall
The what now?
Literally the first I've heard of this.

A gigantic wall around a city in west Africa.

Only Abo inventor I know of is Unaipon, but he was pretty legit.

How could it be bigger than the great wall of China if it's just a city wall?

many city walls in ancient China alone are hundreds of miles long

It surrounded more than 500 settlements IIRC. Like 500 different city walls all connected together.

>This is supposed to be impressive
Africa a continent of mud: muddy buildings, muddy history, muddy """"people""""

What is this reverse wewuzism shit?

Deywuzntism?

>part of the white historical record.
>less than 200 years ago.
>ruins abound
>fugging images of said ruins about

But dey can't build shit out of mudz, cuz dey niggers!

Deywuzntism, Deywuzntism Everywhere...

>African engineering

So it was made out of cowdung or hay?

fugg

>mud

Who cares.

I thought Great Zimbabwe was a medieval construction.

>googles
>constructed in the 11th century and housed 18,000 people

wow it's fucking nothing

I dig skepticism, but the very suggestion that blacks may have done something at some point seems to offend people. And why is mud as a building material looked down on? It's very accessible and malleable, it's only true fault is it's relatively temporal nature.The only time African history comes up is only to say "lol them niggers."

Emma Roberts looks like THAT?

No, they used the most advanced material known to them, human shit, to build it.

But snownigs in Scandinavia never made any decent buildings until very late as well.

Compared to the great wall, it wasn't exactly expert engineering. The chinese built their walls tall and strong.

a wall is suposed to fucking last, thats the whole point of a wall

there is NO proof of a continuous wall larger than the chinese wall in Africa

no proof

It did,can't blame them for not taking European cannons into account.

It's supposed to last as long as its needed, given proper maintenance.
When it's not needed it can fuck off. Most of the great wall of china is basically ruins because there's no point in fixing it up, a lot of folks over the years have used it as a readymade source of stone to salvage.

>And why is mud as a building material looked down on?
because Sumer did it first, and following up a multiple thousand year old act that culminated with ziggurats, with some basic bitch wall is going to leave most people cold.

and most of their zigurats collapsed
mud is the worst

but we're not talking about snownigs, my african friend

WE

So is it an archeological assertion or an historiographic assertion?

Have they got excavations showing the extent of the walls or are they going off historical references to it?

historical references
there's som mud walls somewhere but nothing that indicates a larger wall surrounding the whole nation and of course no proof of being larger than the wall of china
just look at the picture
it's like a little town

>Wooden and thatched housing
>Less impressive than mud huts

what am I looking at

The fact they built walls surrounding their settlements, even if it was or wasn't a continuous connection, is fairly neat I think.

Come on guys, you all know civilization is a meme based on the transference of Ideas. The crossroads of civilization (Middle-east and the Mediterranean) was pretty far away from that part in Africa so ideas would take long to get there. Past the largest fucking desert in the world and also past Mali and other West African kingdoms to get to Benin.

For example, during the time of the Punic wars, the Gauls are considered barbarians yet they had complex societies and stone walled cities, but past the Gauls were the Germans who barley had anything resembling a town, let alone a city. And past the Germans you had the proto-slavs who were known to be fucking cannibals (The romans said so, and excavations found human bones with teeth marks on them), the horse nomads were more advanced than the slavs and germans.

they had the whole gulf of guinea at their disposal
with the niger river right next to them
did they even built boats?

The currents of the coast of West Africa only went in one direction. People didn't sail down the coast of west Africa because they wouldn't be able to sail back.

You would have to go to the Azores first before you could sail back to Europe, it was only when that was discovered was the Idea of sailing down the coast of Africa considered not a one way trip. Plus the costs of West Africa are pretty barren places compared to inland were civilization was more based on rivers than the coasts.

>we wuz wall n shiet

Sorry Bomoko, but is this wooden fence supposed to impress me?

What makes you think your opinion matters enough that anybody needs to impress you?

>Excuses for black inadequacy

Yes they built boats and the Niger was a major trading hub. It's not a coincidence that all the main empires in West Africa controlled the Niger.

But trying to get a boat all the way around West Africa to Europe is an exceptionally difficult feat : The winds blow the wrong way so you'll be rowing the whole way, the massive desert you're rowing next to means you'd have to carry tonnes of food and water. That trip wasn;t regularly dine until modern times, with advanced ocean-going ships and many permanent trade posts along the route for refuelling and rewatering.