Help me find God

Help me find God

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcrZA4xQvu4
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA
madinamerica.com/2013/05/starvation-what-does-it-do-to-the-brain/
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/03/less-than-3-percent-of-americans-live-a-healthy-lifestyle/475065/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you looked under your bed?

something cant come from nothing

Have you prayed to da booty?

Think for yourself, determine your own core values, and follow them to the utmost of your ability. Loyalty is due to a set of principles; not to some person, being, or even the supposed foundation of existence itself.

What God?

Turn around and Bend Over, and the Almighty Glourie of the Amazing Dildoni will find you.

Shitpost for Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=mcrZA4xQvu4

look inward, its the only place no one looks

also ask around about (((the joke)))

Which one?

If you feel the need to find God, it means he is drawing you closer to him.

If I were you, I would fast today, tomorrow and the next day, drinking only water. I would not do anything else unnecessary but spend all of that time in a deep contemplative and meditative state.

Because here's the thing. Your body makes a lot of noise. The world makes a lot of noise. So much noise, in fact, that the still small voice of God cannot penetrate your conscious mind.

You have to quiet yourself, quiet your body, quiet your mind, and listen to hear him.

His voice is not in the mountains; it is not in the valleys; it is not in the whirlwind; it is a still, small, clear voice speaking to you, right now.

Take this weekend and still yourself so that you can hear it. Cast away all of your doubts and fears, and know that your Creator is capable of communicating with you, without ambiguity, in a way that will satisfy you, and that he wants to do so.

Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA

Think of all the things you like.

That's God.

Don't do this.

>madinamerica.com/2013/05/starvation-what-does-it-do-to-the-brain/

>Here is a summary of what they found:

>Prolonged semi-starvation produced significant increases in depression, hysteria and hypochondriasis (a focus on somatic concerns) as measured by the MMPI (a test of personality)
>Most participants experienced periods of severe emotional distress and depression and grew increasingly irritable
>Some individuals engaged in self-mutilation (these days we call this self-harm, often seen in people struggling with regulating their emotions) – apparently one person cut off three fingers with an axe although it was unsure if this was deliberate or accidental
>Many appeared apathetic and lethargic with a diminished sexual interest
>Volunteers showed signs of social withdrawal and isolation
>Participants reported a decline in concentration, comprehension and judgment capabilities

Is the God you're talking about the Christian God? I'm pretty sure various sects of Islam, Buddhism and so on also encourage people to practice self-imposed austerity and deep meditation in order to come into contact with God.

When they do, they all describe the experience the same way, but call the divine by a different name.

Perhaps Sigmund Freud was right, and religious experiences are just illusions that reflect our own culture and desires... (not the desire to fuck your own mother, most people misrepresent Freud in that respect.)

If you think fasting for three days, drinking water only, is starvation, you need a dictionary.

Men have fasted 40 days drinking only water, with no ill health effects.

There is only one God. Islam knows him not, neither does Buddhism.

Freud? You would rather follow Freud than Jesus?

So be it.

Fasting for 3 days is most certainly starvation.

>it's not starvation because people can last longer
Literally, not an argument.

There is actual proof that starving yourself causes mental health issues, what you said is stop eating so you can hear 'god's voice'. How much more proof do you need?

You are actually insane.

Open the bible, King James Version. Begin reading.

Supplement that by reading about various topics relating to Christianity on wikipedia and conservapedia.

I don't want to be too blunt, but you'll most likely find that Catholicism is not very true to the true spirit of Christianity, and that something like Baptism is the denomination that makes the most sense.

Good luck and God bless you

Spending an infinite number of days in hell is more dangerous than anything you can do here on earth.

Infinitely so.

www.webmd.com/diet/features/is_fasting_healthy
Feb 1, 2007 - While fasting for a day or two is rarely a problem if you are healthy, "it can be quite dangerous if you are not already eating a healthy diet, or if you've got liver or kidney problems, any kind of compromised immune system functioning, or are on medication -- even Tylenol," says Fuhrman, a family physician in ...

To find God, even if you had all of those conditions, I would still recommend fasting today, tomorrow and the next day.

I'm not talking about losing weight or being healthy.

You Christians are ridiculous.

Open your legs, place your head firmly between your knees, cover your ears and scream like a mindless little bitch.

I am 99% certain you have literally no clue what a healthy diet constitutes. If you are American, you've already lost.

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/03/less-than-3-percent-of-americans-live-a-healthy-lifestyle/475065/

Before you QQ.

The study authors defined a “healthy lifestyle” as one that met four qualifications:

Moderate or vigorous exercise for at least 150 minutes a week
A diet score in the top 40 percent on the Healthy Eating Index
A body fat percentage under 20 percent (for men) or 30 percent (for women)
Not smoking

What evidence do you have for Jesus being my lord and saviour, above Muhammad being the last true prophet of God.

For your information, traditional Buddhists do not adhere to any God at all. Frankly, I'm more inclined to believe the Buddhists than you, since the claims it makes are a lot more reasonable than those that Christians make.

>Freud? You would rather follow Freud than Jesus?
Don't get me wrong, I agree with a good bit of the philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, a 1st century CE Judaen radical, but I think that other philosophers and intellectuals have said things far more interesting and relevant than what he said.

Socrates, Plato Thomas Paine, David Hume, Jeremy Bentham, John Stuart Mill, Siddhartha, Albert Camus, Jiddu Krishnamurti, etc, etc.

The lessons taught by fictional authors, or by psychologists and other intellectuals who are not necessarily philosophers in the traditional sense are also in immense value, far more so than Jesus.

By taking God seriously?

One day it will occur to you that was the proper thing to do.

>By taking God seriously?
Pretty much, yeah. To me, or any other 3rd party, you look as silly as a Muslim or Pagan does to you. Your lack of self-awareness is almost painful.

>One day it will occur to you that was the proper thing to do.
I doubt it.

>One day it will occur to you that was the proper thing to do.
What makes you so sure?