so what would you say ethereum actually does

It's gas for tokens.

/end thread

Wat

wat?

he means that its a base for other things to grow from

this guys a real straight shooter

management material

Best I can tell from what I have read, its a blockchain-based java environment.

It's a distributed platform for internet funny-money ponzi schemes.

IT HAS PEOPLE SKILLS
CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I-I like your new mustache Dr. Cox...

Ethereum is an open source, public, blockchain based, decentralized computing platform, utilizing smart contract functionality.

^I memorized that for the normies.

It kills the bitcoin

>an open source, public, blockchain based, decentralized computing platform, utilizing smart contract functionality.

So what does it do?

Basically just fuckin does some shit what do you mean lol are you dumb?

it makes me motherfucking rich so I don't have to pimp your mama

It hosts decentralized applications that require ether in order to function. These applications are open source and will never go down unless the entire network does. Not every kind of app should be a dapp, but there are apps that greatly benefit from this kind of transparency which isn't available anywhere else.

have you seen my shitcoin

its the blue shitcoin with the lines in it

they said it would give me gains

It's a platform for blockchain applications. So far it has been used to make f.ex. a decentralized cloud computing service, decentralized prediction market, decentralized exchange, decentralized VPN, decentralized data storage, etc.

It also has a built in token that can be used as a currency like bitcoin, but is primarily meant to pay for editing access to ethereum's blockchain.

You mean ICOs for shitty ass meme coins?

> (OP)
>Ethereum is an open source, public, blockchain based, decentralized computing platform, utilizing smart contract functionality.
>^I memorized that for the normies.

Open source So we can see the code, public means the same thing, block chain is just an Excel sheet everyone has to download and update, decentralized means the same thing, computing platform just means some development tool, and utilizing smart contract functionality once again means the same thing as that is the literal development tool.

It's some development tool, let's you make small programs to transfer funds in a particular way however the developer wants it to work, that we can see the code of and uses a block chain so we can see every transaction that ever happens. That's it. That's all that technobabble actually means.

it takes me to the moon.

A blockchain isn't necessarily decentralized, so saying it's decentralized is necessary. Otherwise, yeah, that's a good way to explain it.

shitty ass meme coins and one new global reserve currency run by jews

Right now, it's just a coin with a heavy blockchain, multisig functionality and DAO governance.

At 15tx/s it needs about 1000x more efficiency before it can do what people think it does

It's a means to send information in a verifiable, conditional and irreversible manner.

Except that they did a hard fork. Defeating the entire purpose of ethereum.

Ethereum is still in beta, they never guaranteed immutability at the time of the fork

Best pic related that I ever seen
kek'd
also sent ;)

it is a speculation vehicule, what else?

Ethereum? You mean STAGNANT USELESS DAPPS THAT DO NO WORK & ICO SCAMS?

ur moms

But it is not decentralized. When someone "steals" from the ethereum foundation's cronies they will change the protocol to get their losses back.

He's more of a bitbean shill desu

It is decentralized. Anyone could make a fork of Ethereum with whatever changes to the blockchain that they want. And most of the community decided to go with the ETH fork. The fact that ETC exists shows that it is decentralized - the community decides what to do.