What is arguably the dumbest sounding European language?

What is arguably the dumbest sounding European language?
>basque
>there isnt an "i" instead they say their equivalent of me
>i walked the dog = "me walked the dog"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?gl=BE&v=gcikrrS3VfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dutch sounds pretty disgusting

Spoken Latin in the classical era might have not sounded as good as it's later Italianized forms (weni widi wiki)
Some Slavic languages also sound dumb sometimes.
Also can't forget the Castilian lisp.

basque is based
finnish sounds retarded

>absolutive when you should ergative

full retard

All wogs sound retarded

English
>double negative works like in mathematics
>can't pronounce basic /a e i o u/ sounds

Finnish

Basque isn't really "European".
Seconding this, there can be no more ugly sound than Dutch.

t. barbarian snownigger

Basque is the most European of all languages

>>double negative works like in mathematics

No, it doesn't. In some dialects of English, the double negative is an EMPHASIS (as in, "very not"), in others, it's simply not allowed by the rules of grammar (and therefore not at all like in math).

Apart from Europe being an Indo-European construct, you mean?

english has the same form for subject and object of 'you'

also same 'you' is the same for plurar and singlular

Dutch and Danish are pretty bad.

Also, the same "you" for formal or familiar.

>thou

Dutch & Swedish are pretty bad.

That's why we Americans thoughtfully invented "Y'all".

(Though I dunno what was wrong with "Ye.")

But that's just retarded.
'You' is by default a plural form that got extended to singular.
So you should come up with a word for singular

Dutch is fucking aesthetic.
The only problem are the and sounds.
Though that problem goes away if you speak a southern dialect

(((dialects)))

what was the singular of you before you become the singular

>because people use that, right

thou

Finnish.

As a dutch person, I surprisingly dislike my own language

Born to be cuck

--> /int/

Just ditch the guttural crap and speak Dutch like the Belgians.

does belgian dutch sound better?

Nice try

>tfw people hating on dutch

Allemaal kankerzielige hoerenneukende teringlijers in deze draad.

It's not retarded it's a contraction.
Ye would by that definition be retarded
But then so is Gaelic...

stahp! dutch is just a friendlier, less aggressive, laid-back form of german. germany has officially confirmed this.

the g is showed off to foreigners, people from most areas don't torture themselves in daily life like they do when a foreigner is present. i'm southern, i can't even pronounce the hard g. don't live in the south anymore, but people round here don't say it the way they do when acting to foreigners as if they're showing them how to pronounce it.

also, there's huge variety in how the r is pronounced around the country. funnily enough, the closest i can get to pronouncing a hard g is pronouncing the r the way they do around where i grew up. but you can pretty much pronounce your r's any which way and it will be correct.

Perkele

The answer is clearly Dutch, but what comes after that?

Basque is an ergative language? A lot of Indian languages have split-ergativity, so sentences in which the verb is transitive and in the past tense(s) make the subject oblique and the verb conjugates as if the object was performing the action.

tonight
look well under your car

Why does French never come up in these threads? It has everything Germanic languages are considered ugly for and more

>guttural R
>umlauts
>nasal vowels

Danish is cute because it's like they're swallowing the end of every word.

I can't take Norwegians seriously, they almost always sound like drunk smurfs.

At least we can all agree that Cantonese is the worst sounding language in the world

That would be Vietnamese. Or Tagalog (mostly because I hate Filipinos).

portuguese is ludicrous. no explanation needed.

Thousands of languages are like that.

Chinese for example, which has babby tier grammar. When you hear Chinese speak in bad grammar English theyre actually just using Chinese grammar structure.

i heard that the same goes for persian, which supposedly makes it easy to learn

Basque nationalists, or COBRA agents?

eh, I get what you're saying but chinese only seems to have babby tier grammar at first, because it doesn't have inflectional morphology. But really it has some interesting and elegant syntactical characteristics, such as the ba construction.

Still, hearing chinese people fuck up he and she in english is pretty funny.

>can't pronounce basic /a e i o u/ sounds
Yes we can, we just do so differently.

You're fine with variance in consonant pronunciation, but not vowel pronunciation?
Youm
Youmnes
Thoumst/thoumstes

Happy? I'll begin using these forms immediately for thoumstes sake.

>double negative works like in mathematics
You couldn't be more wrong.

The double negative has been used since Anglo-Saxon times, and is still used very commonly today. It *is* used as an emphasis; only pedants would correct you for it.

Some dialects still use 'thou' and 'thee'.

D*nish
Sw*dish
Dutch

> thoumstes sake
That wouldn't be a pronoun, now would it, user? 'Thoumstes' here is a possessive adjective, not a pronoun.

Modern English has only two cases (three if the genitive is included). So for pronouns, there is only a need for

> thou, thee
> ye, you

The possessive adjectives are my/mine, thy/thine, his/her/its, our/ours, your/yours, their/theirs.

Simple.

Southern dialects of Swedish and Danish.

it does
youtube.com/watch?gl=BE&v=gcikrrS3VfU

Does this sound bad to you?

>being this much of a brainlet

Where Chinese lacks in grammar, they make up for inflection pronunciations.

Also, voting for Dutch.

English is also inflected, you just don't notice it.

I'm sure the Chinese don't notice their inflections either.

Not nearly on the scale of Chinese. They do notice their inflections, because literally *every* word is inflected. A simple example is ma, which could mean mother or horse depending on the inflection.

>not nearly on the scale of Chinese
They aren't on the same scale, English inflection is more subtle. Because English largely must follow a strict SVO form unless it is in the passive voice, a word's importance is indicated by an inflection.

I don't see what you're trying to prove, inflection shouldn't be an issue for any native. It will be instinctual rather than logical.

It makes the language a lot more difficult, conscious or not.

What inflections in English are really meaningful?

not him, but there isn't any way to "measure" difficulty in this field. whereas chinese utilizes a lot of tonality, they also utilize a severe lack of variety of syllables when compared to other language. pointless to argue over.

inflection is used every time you talk to somebody in english, you just don't think about it. it can give all kinds of information to the person you are speaking to, such as when you are finished saying something, that a specific concept is absurd, that you are asking a question, that you are going to continue saying something after a pause, that you are implying that someone is being untruthful in jest, endless examples.

they can even completely change the meaning of a single word in certain situations. "and?", for example, can become rhetorical and not mean "furthermore?" depending on the tonality and context.

I get that, but Mandarin has that on top of every word being inflected.

Russian is literally caveman/nigger tier.

My mom is a whore = My mom whore
I am a Russian = I Russian
I have a car = At me car
Where are you? = You where?
I am sick = Me sick

Difficulty? Not really.

Inflections in English are more important in regards to effective communication. Good rhetoric relies on them.

I already explained how otherwise inflection is important: it's how we make up for relative structural rigidity.
And English has other aspects that Mandarin and other dialects lack. The point is that English itself is an phonetically inflected language, and while the lack of inflection should not radically change the meaning of one's speech, the use of inflection should clarify.

fun fact

there is written records of basque fishermen paying taxes to spain for hunting whale off of the coast of north america (newfoundland) as early as the 1370's

kek

Dutch is the funniest, not dumbest sounding European language.

t. German

Swedish here. This is pretty true. We supposedly have rules for when to use en or ett (a or an), but we are never taught them because there are so many exceptions.

I want to dug her fiddies

You have superior culture and people though. Dutch = Masterrace

Flemish is more german-like

It's perfect, even with all its autistic rules
actually, mostly because of its autistic rules

>doesn't use link-verbs = nigger-tier
What a load of BS
Also there are link-verbs in russian, they just are ommited and it doesn't make the language sound stupid unlike ommiting them in english
I russian = я pyccкий, full form is я ecть pyccкий, they just don't need to use ecть
Order of words is more free, so you can say
You where? Where you?
Also check out the many cases and genders that foreigners always fuck up when they try speaking russian

Don't know anything about the rulese but some dialects sound plain disgusting

Ahahahahah

VERWIJDER DIT

also

Aww, its feelings got hurt...

my vote goes to Finnish with Belorussian being second.

Ukrainian. It sounds like hillbilly Russian.

seems like spanish accents on roids

The difference is that French is a beautiful language and German isn't

slavic languages
baltic languages

Woah, cringe alert.

Get your ass back to Facebook this second

Chinese is a good candidate by the way. Holy fuck does it sound terrible. Jap is fairly pleasant as is even gookrean but Chinkinese is dreadful no matter what form it takes.

french is disgusting

It sounds like frogs gargling piss

What do you expect, it's spoken only by some irrelevant province of Spain and by jungle monkeys

dutch and finnish look, and smell like ass

jaa deejn haajg veejriijn zuuiijt haajneejn beejb paarviainiein haannaakkaannaakkuulluu ssuuoommii tuunnuuttuurrioiaidikisieiningikiii kekekekek akakakakak jaajaajaajaajaa

they look like some fuckin gay retard alien baby wrote them

the stupid little "doojp" smoking "vlaajndeejreejn" dutch faggot doesn't even know how to use a j right
he says stupid little cuck shit like
"ooo i do yumping yacks in yapan"
"eee i yust sent money to israel for the new yoint military program"
"aaa we need more yustice for yewish people."
"uuu my wife's son, yoseph, and my wife's daughter, yennifer"
"yyy a trial by a yury of one's peers"
"&&& i need yumper cables to yerry rig my new car"

he's such a dumb disgusting little faggot, dude, he can't even pronounce a j. so fucking stupid

that's the original pronunciation of j

no it's not, you dutchcuck little JEW faggot. how about you JUST kill yourself, and then fuck off back to your gay millennial /utg/ circleJERK.

>my language needs to have a strict word order, unless my austistic brain won't be possible to grasp the meaning of the sentence

Underrated post.

Nah, finnish isn't like that

german is objectively worse sounding that french friendo

Any language that can't say the R letter correctly which at the top of your palate is retarded