Was Tolkien a fascist?

Was Tolkien a fascist?

I don't know but I bet he hated Jews and niggers

he was libertarian like ron paul and as we all know, ron paul is for smaller government which would give proportionately more power to each government official which makes ron paul a power hungry fascist. so yes

He specifically repudiated Fascist interpretations of the word "Aryan"

So?

He was a Catholicist. He supported Franco but opposed the bombing of Germany and Japan. He was horrified by nuclear weapons and abhorred racism.

On the contrary, when the Nazis asked him if he was "Jewish", he informed them that he was very sad to say that he no blood of that uniquely gifted race.

Absolutely not, he was a luddite and a reactionary but he was also an Englishman and so fundamentally a liberal.

He was more of a traditionalist Luddite.

i bet you never even read lotr

>when the Nazis ask him if he was jewish
Lol, when would this have even taken place?

>Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject - which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.
>Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung.

>Gondor used to be a vast united Kingdom similar to Rome
>but then it split into two Kingdoms similar to how Rome split into ERE and WRE
>Minas Tirith was described by Tolkien to be an "Byzantine city"
>Minas Tirith had a twin city called Minas Ithil similar to how the twin capitals of the Byzantine empire were Thessaloniki, which ws in the west like Minas tirith and Constantinople in the east like Minas Ithil
>Minas Ithil suffered a great plague just like Constantinople did during the Justinian plague
>afterwards Minas Ithil got conquered and corrupted into Minas Morgul just like Constantinople was turned into Istanbul
damn, even in fiction Turks are considered the worst evil

This was re: a proposed German translation of "the Hobbit". The "late regrettable war" was WW1, this letter is dated to 1938/39

He didnt like them for being retarded/using terms from his area of expertise wrong

It should be noted that Tolkien loathed allegory, and while he certainly based his fictions on various real-world cultures and histories, he wasn't writing an allegory and didn't intend people to interpret his book as such.

The "Orcs" aren't Turks or niggers, they represent anyone who has a "bestial" spirit, who loves factories and industry and destruction more than nature.

So basically he had autism

Obviously, have you read his books? Or did you say that because MUH FUNNEY MAYMAY?

He was educated

No more autistic than someone who doesn't call all sub saharans "Bantu"

Is it really autism to see a group of people using a term wrong and correcting them on it, even when they were being ferocious dicks about it?

Yes
>glorifies monarchy
>fellowship was full of white cishet men
>portrays obvious middle-eastern&african expys as willing allies of the sauron

Tolkien's works need to be either banned or thoroughly remade into form that doesn't promote his eurocentric fascist imperialist worldview.

Im saying that if you can only take words by their original meaning and can't fathom that their meaning may be changed or altered, you may be autistic.
The Germans obvious were aware of the original meaning of the term but chose to use it in another way in their own language.

so he truly hated Turks that much that he would make "muh allegory" excuses in beforehand before it became to obvious?

damn

The elf was clearly a poofter

>Im saying that if you can only take words by their original meaning and can't fathom that their meaning may be changed or altered, you may be autistic.

Since clearly YOU have autism, allow me to explain something to you: He was making fun of them, mocking their ridiculous racial theories by pointing out that "Aryan" doesn't mean what the Nazis thought it meant.

There's no evidence at all that he hated Turks at all. He, unlike you, wasn't retarded.

By "choose" you mean the state invented a pseudo history based on questionable research in order to justify their absurd doctrines on race

This is outright b8.

no shit sherlock.

>pseudo history
They only used the word as a fancy name for germanics
The fact that he thought it was funny makes it clear that he had autism

still defending Turks even after his death?

damn

Once again, there is no doubt he was autistic. Why do you think this is relevant? Also, it IS funny to mock racists by pointing out the stupidity of their beliefs.

Learn how to write you cretin, this "no grammar" shit just makes it extremely obvious what a total fool you are.

nobody gives a fuck about a dead man, kid, whatever the hell he believes about doesn't mean anything, just do your homework already

You'd really be mocking the silly racists by heading down to your local minority neighbourhood at night with a pocket full of cash

Turks now pretend they know grammer?

damn

Hahaha yeah, no, you're a fucking moron.

damn

Why would I want to be robbed by a pack of wild niggers? Why would I want to "stick it" to racists, when I am one myself? You're even stupider than the no-grammar moron.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, moron.

Hmmm....

damn

Explains why all the evil came out of the southeast corner of middle earth.

>implying all cameroonian descendants aren't basically just bantu
hurr, you dun say "bantoid" instead when discussing this basically identical group ur argument is dum lol

>implying Xhosa people are Bantoid

Way to prove his point, retard.

Xhosa are literally a bantu invader tribe you dumbshit, are you confusing them with the Khoisan?

Those are obviously not included in descendants of Cameroon.

>the word you are using as the foundation of your entire political, economic and social system, doesn't actually mean what you think it means
>OMGWTF IS HE AUTIST?!?? AUTISM AUTISM AUTISM!!!!!

Never change Veeky Forums

>being this autistic

It doesn't mean "Indo-Iranian" either, it just means "Noble" and was a common term used in place of "Indo-European" by both linguists, historians, mysticists and philosophers for centuries, especially German-language ones.

So then say that then, rather than just bringing up the dank maymay insult of the week.

I do use that term myself, but that was the reason why it was used in german.

>and was a common term used in place of "Indo-European" by both linguists, historians, mysticists and philosophers for centuries,

Total nonsense. It always and only meant "Indo-Iranian" right up until noted mystic and fraudster Madame Blatavsky co-opted it to mean "Atlantean Superman", which of course is where the Nazis took the term from. It has NEVER been a general term for "Indo-Europeans", not even among the Nazis (who ironically denied that Indians were "Aryan".

If anything he was a monarchist

But what was his tax policy?

>It should be noted that Tolkien loathed allegory

He might have loathed cheap allegory like this, but his world is somewhat a Biblical reference. He called LOTR a fundamentally Catholic story himself.

Yes.

Tolkien vocally opposed Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party prior to the Second World War, and was known to especially despise Nazi racist and anti-Semitic ideology... In a letter to his British publisher Stanley Unwin, he condemned Nazi "race-doctrine" as "wholly pernicious and unscientific". He added that he had many Jewish friends and was considering "letting a German translation go hang".[114]

Tolkien once wrote of racial segregation in South Africa, "The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain."[113]

No, he was a Christian Environmentalist if anything. He expressed no strong political views otherwise.

I love this

No

So did Musso 'Race doesn't matter' lini

>ferocious dicks
Sure is Reddit in here.
I agree, in this diverse and tolerant society, we must make everything else change with the times to fit our views. Allah forbid we encounter things foreign to us despite our praise of stereotypical foreign things.

>Learn how to write you cretin, this "no grammar" shit just makes it extremely obvious what a total fool you are.
Should be "Learn how to write, you cretin." New sentence "This "no grammar" shit just it extremely obvious what a total fool you are."
Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Plebbitor.
>bootblasted roach
Nothing warms my heart more than seeing an angry Turkroach.

>abhorred racism
Yes his views on race would get him labeled a racist.
Interesting how the leftwing is always changing to criticize and subvert whatever the majority of the populace is. I am starting to think the leftwing is a conspiracy against the well being of man.

He was an anarcho-monarchist

Anyone could say any derivation is allegorical in nature.
Orcs were foreigners, its in their name. "Orcar" meaning foreigner in Saxon.

Haha epic! Upboat and reddit golds to you dear gentlesir xD

>My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs) – or to ‘unconstitutional’ Monarchy. I would arrest anybody who uses the word State (in any sense other than the inanimate realm of England and its inhabitants, a thing that has neither power, rights nor mind); and after a chance of recantation, execute them if they remained obstinate!

>If we could get back to personal names, it would do a lot of good. Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people. If people were in the habit of referring to ‘King George’s council, Winston and his gang’, it would go a long way to clearing thought, and reducing the frightful landslide into Theyocracy. Anyway the proper study of Man is anything but Man; and the most improper job of any man, even saints (who at any rate were at least unwilling to take it on), is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity. And at least it is done only to a small group of men who know who their master is. The mediævals were only too right in taking nolo efiscopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers. And so on down the line.

Not-so-obscure but witty reference lad. I'm proud.

Incorrect. He repudiated the Nazi interpretation, which is entirely different