Be liberal democracy

>be liberal democracy
>the plebs fear corrupt politicians will remove muh freedoms
>an economic depression happens because people's fears become a self fulfilling prophecy
>protest and overthrow the government
>a totalitarian dictatorship fills the power vacuum
>the plebs are totally happy with it

Why can't historians admit that humans would happily trade away their freedoms for a strongman independant dictator / monarch?

99% of the time its the will of the stupid people which causes wars and economic disasters.

The elite did nothing wrong.

the plebs always knew they were too stupid to rule but the meme french revolution told them they could

Pleb normies just want to be told what to do and have their bread and circuses, but that doesn't mean authoritarianism is actually in their best interest.

>the plebs are totally happy with it
>the plebs fear corrupt "jews" will remove muh freedoms

pick one

And in the end they regret it.
Also, they are plebs.

>Why can't historians admit that humans would happily trade away their freedoms for a

Lemme stop you right there, Tex. Trading freedom for security is what a state is. People make this trade because 'statelessness' usually comes prepacked with other power structures that oppress individuals, so they come together to form a best case scenario for oppression.

Nobody gives a shit what kind of government they have until they oppress them or fuck up in some way. It's not because they're retarded, it's a simple cost-benefit analysis. Middle class Germans got to jerk off about how great they were right up until the fuhrer kidnapped their neighbors, sent their children to die, and ran the country into the ground.

Yang is 100% right, but the last two seasons do well to show all the flaws of autocracy, and LOGH's reactionary fans never take into consideration how much of a fucking tard Reinhard actually is.

>how much of a fucking tard Reinhard actually is
More like how much of a Mary Sue he is

I mean, anyone who battles them gets handed an idiot ball, but their politics have enough holes that it's pretty easy to criticize them.

Yang is liberal to a fault, preferring ideological victories to real ones. (i.e. refusing to betray ceasefire orders to kill Reinhard, but creating an illegal insurrection to fight him the very next day.)

Reinhard despises liberalism. He may hate inherited autocracy, but his imagination is limited by his being raised in the Empire. He makes the Alexander mistake of going "hurr hand power to the person most fit to rule when I'm gone" while refusing to create a stable system that could do that.

>illegal insurrection
Aren't all insurrection illegal anyway? Plus it was justified when the imperial governor was trying to fuck with him

I hated this show since they portrayed a Hitler like guy (Rudolf I think) as the good guy.

They sat on him really hard

Rudolf was a bit mix of both. He did good initially but then when he fixed society he introduced eugenics which killed a bunch of people. The fact that the current time had at least one character who hated the eugenics program with blind hatred kind of hints that it wasnt that great.

Well done, OP. You realised that evil dictators can only exist in a democracy ;).

Which anime is this?

>>an economic depression happens because people's fears become a self fulfilling prophecy

Everyone loves a father/god figure.

>I hated this show since they portrayed a Hitler like guy (Rudolf I think) as the good guy
Oh boy.

It's kind of true though. People are afraid in a bad economy that their money will become worth less so they remove all their money from the banks and hoard it instead of spending it on goods, causing inflation and prices to skyrocket, thus making their money worthless.

Legend of the Galactic Heros,

Bait or false flag?

German economy collapsed in the 20s because they still haven't recovered from the war, they almost defaulted by the repartations enforced by treaty of Versaille and the massive costs of the strike in the occupied Ruhr area. The little money of the normal people was a joke compared with the money Cuno pumped into the Ruhr area.

He was still based on Hitler, or rather on myths regarding Hitler and the NSDAP and Weimar Republic.