Basque Origins

Are Basques direct descendants of the Neanderthals? They are the only ethnicity who originates from Western Europe (dominated by Neanderthals as early as 40000 BC), their language falls in no language family and can be compared to none on this Earth and they possess extraordinary physical traits (55% of Basques have Group O blood and 33% of Basques have Rh- blood, compared to only 15% of other Europeans having Rh- blood)

Other urls found in this thread:

aoi.com.au/bcw/neanderbasque.htm
eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization
omniglot.com/language/phrases/basque.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Related:
>aoi.com.au/bcw/neanderbasque.htm

No, 90% of Basque's ancestry is Neolithic Anatolians.

Source?

Modern-day Europeans are around 2-3% Neanderthal autosomally speaking. Neanderthal males species-mixed with Homo Sapiens females, which gave to the new species an advantage over the non-Neanderthal admixed populations (i.e., sub-Saharan Africans).

Then why are 85% of them R1b, the highest frequency in Europe? eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

Only Sardinians and Finns avoided rape by Indo-Europeans. I have no idea how the Basque managed to retain language while being cucked to the max by them.

Basque originate from under the sea, they are half fish half man.

All have gills!

They're a matrilineal society

because all of europe had a large influx of neolithic farmers from anatolia

they were, like a thousand years back

Actually I was wrong, they only have about 60% Anatolian Ancestry, but still only like 10% Hunter-Gatherer. Being 85% R1b doesn't mean much, all Iberian R1b belong to a specific subclade, DF21. They are all descended from one lucky asshole 3-4 thousand years ago, it didn't have to be a large migration.

Yes. Sardinians are the closest people to the Anatolian farmers as your graph shows. Basques make a continuum with French and Spaniards while Sardinians are isolated from everyone. Their genes are way more unique.

it must be said though, Sardinians are surprisingly different
the ones living in the inner mountains have, going by the same method as Haak, pretty much 0% Yamnaya

My guess is that they used their Nuraghes to drive out the Indo-European invaders away from the island: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization

>Theories about their utilization have included social, military, religious, astronomical role, as furnaces or sepulture places, but the modern agreement is that they were defensible homesites that included barns and silos

Also, Yamnaya admix in Sardinians might not even derive directly from the Indo-Europeans themselves, but from the Romans.

I'm dating a Basque girl (she's actually from Idaho, which for some reason has a huge Basque community. She went to Basque school and speaks Euskara fluently, as do her parents.

Every aspect of the Basques is pretty wild, having never known anything about their history or culture before meeting her. They somehow stayed independent from external governance, even from Rome, Napoleon, etc. until the Spanish finally subjugated them under Franco. Their language is completely different from any that I've ever heard, and doesn't seem to share any relationship with any other European language. Their historic capital of Guernica was the first inhabited settlement to be bombed from the air. Most unexpected to me was the fact that they all have elongated earlobes.

She's gorgeous and works as a professional dancer, and her family is really nice, but she can't cook for shit. I can't tell if it's because that's what Basque food is like, or if she is just bad at cooking.

The kings of Spain let them rule their own affairs but basques weren´t independent, neither had a state. Even Navarra wasn´t a full basque kingdom.

>Neanderthal males species-mixed with Homo Sapiens females

Exactly wrong, there are NO extant neanderthal Y-haplogroups, the males were wiped out and a few of the females taken as "brides" by the conquering Moderns.

That could be just because they mutated into something different over time, dumbass. I don't think there are any identifiable neanderthal mtDNA either.

>Is a moron
>calls me a dumbass

Go fuck yourself, dimwit.

it could be that only female hybrids were fertile, so Y-DNA got lost and mtDNA was never passed down in significant numbers if neanderthal male on sapiens female was the most common intermixing

>if neanderthal male on sapiens female was the most common intermixing

Why would you assume that the race that got wiped out cucked the race that did the wiping out? All the evidence suggests the opposite.

I'm not aware of any sources that say there are identifiable neanderthal mtDNA haplos. Feel free to prove me wrong.

>He's still going!

Just go back to bed, dimwit.

there might be various reasons to why they died out, maybe they were simply just too little in number and they got almost completely racemixed out of existence into the cromagnon race, which, after all, had higher amounts of Neanderthal DNA than moderns

The racemixing only happened when the two races first met in the Middle East, European Neanderthals contributed 0% to our genepool and were by all accounts exterminated by Moderns.

you can't know that for sure, Oase1 proves intermixing occurred in Europe

the only supposedly "neanderthal" DNA we have is from the Altai mountains anyway, I wouldn't take the admixture percentages as anything but a lower bound

>European Neanderthals contributed 0% to our genepool

What do you imagine this proves, dummy?

>until the Spanish finally subjugated them under Franco.
>She's gorgeous
She is not a Basque. She is not even real for that matter

>The kings of Spain let them rule their own affairs
No. The Haro's were removed from the manor of Viscay to put the bastard branch of the king of Castile with that charge. Guipúzcoa since is conquestcwas fully annexed and Alava was always Castillian. Basque WE WUZISM has no real basis as they were never a single entity even when they had a feudal lord. They didn't even have the same fueros.

kek

>European Neanderthals contributed 0% to our genepool

If that were true we would look like the niggers in Congo and have sub 70 IQ and would have the same skull shape, those are the Pure Homo Sapiens

Amazing how fucking ignorant /pol/anons are.

Kill yourself

Enlighten me then so that I'll know whether or not you're just pretending to be knowledgeable.

For what its worth I'm told the men are expected to cook in their culture, not their women.

Probably. They raided whoever went through their lands by launching arrows and spears at them before ransacking the traveling army's baggage.

Listen to their language. It's crazy to think that a language in Europe is older than all of the neighbor languages combined:
>omniglot.com/language/phrases/basque.php

>They somehow stayed independent from external governance, even from Rome, Napoleon, etc. until the Spanish finally subjugated them under Franco.
wat are you insane?

>NAvarra
>Alava
>Basque

>Their historic capital of Guernica was the first inhabited settlement to be bombed from the air.
My friendly negroid, what are you smoking?

>Posts somebody who has acromegaly

>Neanderthals contributed 0% to our genepool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Their historic capital of Guernica was the first inhabited settlement to be bombed from the air.
fucking wrong. french aerially bombarbed damascus during the great syrian revolt

it's funny how neaderthals were once considered retarded cavemen and now /pol/ thinks they're some aryan super race that gives white people magical powers. kys

>It's funny how popular belief isn't always fact