Anyone on Veeky Forums Play and Enjoy Crusader Kings 2

I personally find the game to be one of my favorite Medieval Era Games being a massive history nerd i can never have enough games set in this period but this one shines above all else

Other urls found in this thread:

ckiiwiki.com/Historical_Immersion_Project
ckiiwiki.com/CK2Plus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

become king
defeat rebel nobles
maybe expand
have heir
die
heir inherits throne
defeats rebellious nobles
maybe expand
die
repeat ad nauseum

they broke it a coupel expansions ago user

It's fun, but inaccurate and unbalanced.

Great wanking material though.

>great wanking material

I've never learned ck2, how so?

It's a fun game, not really Veeky Forums though. It's more fantasy at this point.

Got to agree to that Sadly, Even though i sometimes enjoy the random Spooky Ghost/Supernatural Event. I Cannot stand the Aztec Invasion DLC its to out there for me.

It could have been much more, but they decided to go full on fantasy role playing simulator instead of accurately trying to depict medieval society.

>Aztec invasion
>Almost always happens long before the Aztecs were a thing

When you Get invaded by a Backwards Empire of Obsidian weapon, red skinned people who developed a boat before they even became a nation because why not.
Worst DLC its only good to have on in Multiplayer to fuck over anyone of your friends who is playing England or Spain.

hopefully they turn down the satanic nonsense to being a rare event.

IT annoys me how they cant make compelling game play so they have rebels with armies twice the size of the kings pop up and random adventuerers with 50k armies etc.

Events can get pretty degenerate and steamy.

Marrying off your daughter with whom you're currently having an affair, for example.

OFFICIAL FUN TIER LIST (NON-DISPUTABLE)
Vikings>Merchant Republics>Muzzies>Byzantines>Standard Christian Kingdoms>Tribal>dogshit>Jews>Pooland
Zoroastrians transcend good and bad

When your playing the Byzantines and Fund the return of your Worst Enemy the Persians just to Spite your New Worst Enemy the Muslims, but its okay because now Zoroastrians are Raping your Women Instead of Muslims.

You can turn off supernatural events in the latest versions

Wew lad, don't get me started with that stuff. I can only get so erect.

>have massive Europe spanning empire
>currently in a war over a duchy I de jure own but don't control
>random nobles from somewhere outside my control end up in my court after they were ousted by someone else
>finish the war and seize the duchy
>give it to the title-less foreign nobles who sought me out for refuge
>within 30 years their house is one of my most faithful allies and I've begun retaking their rightful lands as a reward
I always enjoyed doing that

If Merchant Republics get some more events and fluff I will seriously play nothing else.

>tribals that low
I take it you've never become Roman Emperor as the Magyars then

>get monks & mystics
>start as a the count of leon with pretty good stewardship
>acquire duchy of brittainy by force
>swear fealty to a shattered west francia (i killed both karls)
>summon the council to discuss life everlasting, no biggie
>my spymaster finds me some heretic alchemist
>we make a philosopher stone together
>we both become immortal, I execute her and begin spinning my spider web of world domination

Feels good man

What's your favorite focus? Also, what's the best childhood education focus?

putting people in prison makes me touch myself

fucking kek

lel i had to go find my wife after i stole a british princess and made her my concubine and eventually she grew to love me and that screen where she's pregnant popped up.

Rulership, seduction, duelist, in that order.

Business, Family, Theology

Duty and Struggle are both based

Xwedodah

In the latest update if you join lucifers own one of the ways you can get initiated is by screwing one of the followers, you can also partake in orgies and pull a Rosemarie's baby on some women

Check out the mods for it like hip (my favorite ) and Ck2+.

When you Claim to be the Best of your friends at Ck2 yet 25% of your 1000 Hours is Byzantium and 74% is you being AFK cause you dont want to spend hours loading back in

I've been wanting to make an Eternal Loli mod for a long time.
For now I only have two character icons

How is Monks and Mystics? Is that really as bad as they say?

It has great potential but paradox is running it into the fucking ground.

>fucking coalitions in the 11th century
>kingdoms keeps turning into elective monarchy because factions
>fuck ton of supernatural bullshit
>crusades and holy wars still suck
>christians are boring as fuck to play
>muslims still have that shitty decadence mechanic
>only pagans that have any content is tengri and norse the rest is just re skin of each other
>they added fucking india where nobody plays tanking the fps even further

>tanking the fps
>in a P'dox game
This might be Veeky Forums but that doesn't mean your rig has to be older than 25 years.

I'll admit my rig is no up to date but it's bullshit that it slowdowns to a crawl after 300 years.

>fucking coalitions in the 11th century
Wtf, do you think that every kingdom was living on their own plain of existence back then?

>kingdoms keeps turning into elective monarchy because factions
indeed that needs adressing

>fuck ton of supernatural bullshit
Turn that settings off atthe start of the game.

>crusades and holy wars still suck
agreed

>christians are boring as fuck to play
agreed

>muslims still have that shitty decadence mechanic
what else should they have then?

>only pagans that have any content is tengri and norse the rest is just re skin of each other
agreed

>they added fucking india where nobody plays tanking the fps even further
Why are you still playing CK 2 with a 10 year old laptop?

Judging by your bulletpoints, you probably got butthurt bythe removal of North Korea mode aswell.

If you insist on playing on a shitty rig, then get yourself Reaper's Due and turn the deadlyness of diseases to max.

Yes.

The two monk orders are completely worthless. Hardly any difference between the two. Neither do what their descriptions imply.

Apparently the monk orders for other religions are literal copy and paste jobs with keywords changed.

The Hermetics are fun but none of the events lead anywhere. You collect shit but cant use it for anything. Stare at the stars and collect learning points.

Lucifers own are super OP and far too common. There are virtually no downsides to worshipping satan. Kings wont give a fuck, Counts won't give a fuck, the Pope won't give a fuck. They essentially added a free +50 relations and a free assassinate button. Its absurd.

Not played the assassins or any of the other religions yet.

It's not only unbalanced it's completely half arsed. There is a reason it was £10 with cosmetic dlc added bundled in.

Every time I form the kindom of Rus. Being a russaboo is my ultimate shame.

>when you marry your great-granddaughter who is also your daughter because her mother is your granddaughter who is also your daughter

Best education focuses:
>Thrift for diplomacy and intrigue
>Duty for stewardship
>Struggle for martial

>that feel when you're a 16 year old and you get a bunch of milfs and cougars to be your wife and concubines so that they can teach you the joys of being king
Who knew my fetishes would find their way into this game.

Best in the base game Socotra.

CK2+ has in the earliest starting date a single last pictish count who still follows the old faith on on of the northern isles. He's 70 and herless but happens to be quite healthy and fertile. That was the most fun game I ever had in CK2...

Wtf, do you think that every kingdoms in a thousand of kilometers radius allied each other to stop a threat in the middle age? It has never happened. It didn't happen with the Franks, it didn't happen with the Seljuk turks, it didn't happen with the Mongols, it didn't happen with the Umayyad, it didn't happen with Byzantium. Coalitions as implemented in ck2 are completely unrealistic and bullshit no matter how you look at them.

Have to agree with you here.

Some supernatural stuff is ok but lately its all been way over the top.

The rest of the mechanics like coalitions and elective monarchy groups pushing for it every time a new king takes office is just fucking bad.

They artificially tried to prevent blobbing instead of making it hard to do naturally by throwing giant armies at you every time your ruler dies.

are you me

Its a video game and a mechanic made so you dont blob which is even more unrealistic

Get the Mod that Disables India chances are you wont get out there and they never expand out of it cause the muslims butt rape them to hard

I think the overtly supernatural shit killed the game. superstition was present and part of feudal life, but at most it should of been implemented as dubious or unclear events that could be chalked up to them just not having the knowledge of the time. When gates directly to hell are opening on occasion and your immortal, you can't really try calling it historical. I know you can turn it off, but when the only actual content to M&M is supernatural satanist shit, thats just dumb.

I mean i was okay with alot of the Supernatural shit because alot of it fell under the
>Is this real or just our over zealous medieval age brains thinking that we do stuff.
Monks and Mystics I'm okay with hunting down Holy relics as its fun and I think most of them are bullshit and fakes
The only Supernatural thing i truly hate is Immortality, and some Satanist things
I think alot more should be implied rather than straight forward magic like real satanic groups in that era

Rate Best to worst DLC

>mfw my last king had 40+ children when he died
Strong and lustful is a wonderful combination.

Hmmmmm
Legacy of Rome (im a Byzantophile I'm Sorry)
Old Gods
Way of Life
Sword of Islam
The Reaper's Due
Sons of Abraham
The Republic (Don't play Venice as much as i should)
Charlemagne
Monks and Mystics
Horse Lords
Conclave/Rajas of India

>when you're balls deep in all your sisters and half of your nieces/nephews are actually your kids
>when you've fucked every vassal's wife at least once
>when half of your vassals are your secret kids at this point
>when you seduce your illegitimate and secret kids who don't know you're their father

>When you bang your sister
>She has a Attractive and Genius kid
>(she gonna be mine)
>Grows up to have a 20/20/10/21/14 in stats
>(Boink) convert to Zoroastrianism
>Marry Daughter
>Incest is Wincest
>Produce beautiful children
>Repeat cycle until death at 99

I've only had immortality once and it was fun for a while but then got super boring and it used it grab a bunch of achievements.

That to be honest is my only real problem with the game if i wanted Immortality i would get the DLC its the only supernatural event i actually dont like

Wow i worded that terribly
i mean The only Supernatural Event in the Game i have a problem with - some satan stuff

Seniority is actually fucking great.

What im getting so far from this thread is that the game is an incest simulator

Brought to you by Who Wants to be This Week's Emperor?

Now to get eu4 converter...

Not entirely wrong

At first I appreciated the supernatural stuff because it sort of gave a Shakespearean vibe to the game, but I agree that some of the DLC's go way too far with it. I mean, I don't mind an event where your character sees an apparition of their dead father or somebody they had assassinated, but having gates to hell itself is just too much.

How do the kids not become inbred?

>Beautiful Children
>Slow/Inbred/Ugly get the Noose where as the rare Genius stays my child forever and ever.

>play as ViKang
>conquering Brittania as you do
>need to give my extra Irish holdings to somebody
>invite a noble to my court
>give him control of all of Ireland
>his family is a staunch ally of my clan for the rest of my game, always ready to throw down when the Christians or the Muslims come for my blood
CK2 should be studied in game design schools on how to make players create their own incredibly unique and memorable narratives

>pick the zunist start
>piggyback on the hordes raiding abbasid land to conquer them county by county
>bait arabs into afghan mountains and crush stacks twice my army's size
>nomads often join some battles with 5k stacks where i'm at a serious disadvantage and we beat the muslim menace together
>this happens for a couple hundred of years and i keep a peaceful relationship with the hordes where neither of us attacks each other
>reform my religion and liberate the shit out of their lands
>feel bad afterwards
Truly a great game where even the AI recognizes the islamic menace and works with you.

Devilish

He said non-disputable, user. Can't you read?

>raid constantinople
>make off with the emperor's wife and daughters
>make them your concubines

>vanilla ck2
Modded is the only way to play

What's the point of monastic orders in Monks & Mystics? What do you get from joining one aside from additional piety growth?

The way culture works is atrocious, needs major reworking

Stay in one for a while and you've got a pretty good chance of getting all the virtues, so your vassals will all love you.
Being able to build dirt cheap churches is also a good way to develop provinces.

As far as I can tell there's not really any difference between the two, though, which is annoying.

Teach me, oh master of gameplay.

Check out
HIP + modules for it is my favorite mainly because of the map overhaul. (it's currently being updated to be compatible with MaM)
Ck2+ is good too but haven't used it in awhile.

Check the wikias for more details
ckiiwiki.com/Historical_Immersion_Project
ckiiwiki.com/CK2Plus

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

>staunch ally
Yeah that's great m8 but I was your heir and even though you taught me as a child and I've always been on the council I want the council to have more of a say in how the realm is run, even though we're currently at war and about to get the war goal of another county. But I will suppourt your plot of killing one of your vassals who wants gavelkind succession which would actually be to my benefit

>he fell for dlc meme
Even redditors are pissed that it lacks features promised, also it somehow broke republic events

More chances to get great traits. Chance of really cheap temples. Really, really cheap.

This. There is no point playing vanilla while HIP exists.

Did Satanism even exist in the middle ages?
Really starting to dislike the fantasy RPG direction CK2 is going.

pretty sure that was their direction since day one.

I used to play Merchant Republics only for a long time, but I started to enjoy Kingdoms more. The highlight of my time was when I started as the count of Oldenberg and became Mayor of Lubek and was so pious the pope asked me to liberate the Holy Roman Empire away from the current Kaiser, thereby instituting the Holy Roman Republic.

I think Paradox needs to make a change to always place the highest defense holding as the first siege target in each siege though, being a republic means someone can siege every one of your cities before bothering with the castles, which makes it very easy to shut down a republician mayor in war.

>That 80% defensive bonus slavs get
Being a slavic pagan is awesome, you're basically unkillable while fighting a defensive war.

half demense and quarter vassal stops blobs well enough

Crucify me if you want but i don't really play HIP enjoyed it but i just return to basic game don't know why
Guess I'm a filthy casual (Clocks another 1000 hours)

To be fair their coalition system is still fucking dumb, they should've made it a bit more like EUIV but instead they gave us a neutered version of EUIV's coalition system.

Too bad it reaches a point where you can't even see all of your children on the bar, it makes family management annoying as shit.

I wish they'd just add a scrolling bar instead of squishing it all in.

You can literally turn the coalitions and the supernatural shit off at the start of the game.

You didn't like the map overhaul? Or the dynamic title names?