Where the fuck do I learn about trading and investing? I can't fucking tell what is bullshit and what isn't

Where the fuck do I learn about trading and investing? I can't fucking tell what is bullshit and what isn't

Other urls found in this thread:

babypips.com/learn
asimplemodel.com/
investopedia.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=8gVSQ5fCM2g&t=72s
youtube.com/watch?v=2TbklSA_9lk
mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
investopedia.com/university/technical/techanalysis5.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

babypips.com/learn

asimplemodel.com/

investopedia.com/

YouTube too

Fuck that buy dogecoin for more than it's worth

Any Youtube channels in particular? Theres a lot of bullshit on there.

Buy high, sell low

Tastytrade, they have a website too

A lot of people do technical analysis too, but you'll have to find one you prefer if you want to go that route

Just buy a fucking coin you think is gonna make it. It's literally like betting on horses.

The fact that you have to ask a question like that on 4chinz shows that you clearly aren't intelligent enough to trade profitably over an extended period of time. You should buy and hodl. Trading will lose you money in the long run, even if you happen to make a few lucky dollars in this unprecedented bull market.

Basically all you have to do is guess what everyone is going to do.

no matter what I buy it tanks and sinks like a stone

what should i curse next

>yfw dogecoin pumps this week

Man you're in luck, the absolutely best video I've ever found on the subject of trading, and the method I've been following and consistently been making a ton of money with:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gVSQ5fCM2g&t=72s

youtube.com/watch?v=2TbklSA_9lk

thanks for sharing boyo.

how much have you made?

dont fall for the TA meme.

It's all bullshit, follow the crowd as quickly as you can and sell the moment you see red.

Also, buy low sell high, buy the news sell the rumour.

is TA a meme or not? what about FA?

By following those steps in the videos I've made about 5000 euro in one and a half month (starting with about 1000 euro, although that includes a lot of gain from bitcoin going up too. Although I need to point out that I've been really lazy in my trading lately, and could definitely have made more if I paid more attention and didn't decide to take days off all the time.

Anyway, I basically just set up alarms with coinigy and play games or watch graphs in the meantime, then once the alarms go off (often multiple times a day) I start monitoring to see what happens. If it looks like a lot of people decide to buy at a certain point, I also buy, and then I closely monitor until it looks like there are a lot of people selling, at which point I sell too. Often times its much better to be safe than sorry, and I often lose out on some profits due to selling too early, but with the mindset of "getting a few percent wherever I can" it really adds up. After all, if you can make 4 small and non-risky trades a day, being a little bit more work, it still adds up to a consistently good profit.

To me it really all seems like a game of patience, you have to wait until there's a real panic-sell (in other words not giving into FOMO and such), and if you happen to buy in at a bad point, you have to trust that there will be a rebound, at which point you should just sell to minimize your loss no matter what. The real losers are the ones who don't understand that simple psychology that drives it all. Basically the Warren Buffet quote "Be fearful when others are bold, and be bold when others are fearful" rings quite true in this case.

The only real big loss I made was from DGB, where I entered at 2000. It went down to 1600, at which point I realized I really have to get out soon. I monitored closely, and sure enough there was a small bounce up to 1800, at which point I sold instantly. That 10% loss I made up in two days by making 5 smaller BTS trades.

ta is a meme yes, FA is the best imo

nice boyo. your gonna make it. how do you determine what price you set your alarms for?

am i correct in saying you just find a support level, and set an alert for when the price breaks below that and buy?

TA is 100% a meme. You can't make judgments based off rate changes, markets never have a tendency to revert to moving averages, volume never impacts price movement direction, and there are no such things as support and resistance points. Go blindly trade, knowing full well markets are completely random.

lol. stay poor

It doesn't matter too much desu, but a good guideline would be at a previous support level, then you just monitor until you find a good entry-point, looking in the list of buy orders etc.
But here you have to be careful too. because one big whale might be a fake, so if there aren't a lot of other people entering at the same point it might be risky. I often wait a little in order to see if the whale actually stays or not. Because if they remove their buy-order there's a high percentage of the price getting even lower. Very important thing to keep in mind is that a missed trade is no problem, there are countless possible trades every single day, especially if you put up alarms on a lot of different coins. So never be sad if you miss out on a big mooning.

The two videos and the second part of "trading is simple" outline everything you might need.

haha me too. We have the power

yeah dude I bet you knew exactly what you were doing from minute one

Link to the book collection, since you forgot:

mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw

This has been proven categorically wrong many times.

Make sure you guys use stop losses (not too tight, but be impatient with trades that aren't working out) and don't trade with more than 5% of your trading account per trade.

t. day trader

how exactly do you day trade without even looking at something like volume?

investopedia.com/university/technical/techanalysis5.asp

(volume is technical analysis btw, I'm assuming you're just confused). I seriously don't get how you think the markets are random and yet day trade. You're likely using TA without realizing it.

If it's shilled on Veeky Forums you can buy it but make sure to sell at a peak.

Yeah, I need to get better at using stop-losses too, but one question though. What do you mean by "only trading with 5% of my trading account per trade"? Do you mean I should only put 5% of my money on polo (for example) into one trade? That seems really inefficient to me, especially if you don't already have a lot of money. I've been trading with all of my money in every trade I've done, which admittedly isn't a whole lot, but if I only used 5% of it at a time I wouldn't nearly get the same profits I do by using all of it. Am I misunderstanding what you meant?

Crypto speculation or real investing? The only question to ask yourself with coins is, "Will normies buy this shit one day?"

Amazon

In case you missed my post, that is exactly what I did to start out with. But don't buy in blindly. Keep a track of the orders after that, the alarms are just there to make you realize there's something potentially going on. But yeah, more often than not, once one level of support is broken, the probability of a rebound is much higher. That's the point at which I usually buy in.

These sell offs happen a lot more than you'd expect each day, so it's mostly about just keeping patient, and not getting discouraged if you miss out, even on the great trades.

I almost spent a whole week just looking at graphs, trying out coinigy and monitoring before I made my first trade. But once I made my first trade it was a major confidence boost.

Now I'm getting a bit more sloppy, but the days where I actually follow these initial rules it almost never results in a loss. One quality trade where you're certain that you won't get a loss is much better than just haphazardly jumping in on anything, it just takes a bit more effort.

thanks for you reply's boyo, appreciated

what roi are you looking for each trade?

At the start I focused on about 4-5%, now that I've tripled my amount of bitcoins, I usually just go for 1-2%, because it's quicker and I'm getting lazy...

But keep in mind I started trading when the "golden month" was ongoing. A few 2-3% trades a day might be the way to go now that the volatility is starting to lessen out a bit.

Honestly though, it all depends on how good you feel the potential of the trade is. If you get in after a big panic-sell, and there looks like there will be a huge momentum upwards, you could definitely go for higher. If it turns out to be a slow-moving trade, I usually just go for the lower percentages, or just sell at the same price I entered.

No, you got right.

Being risky and putting all your trading capital in to each trade is kinda crazy, dips can happen anytime. If you have an open position when it dips, you're gonna have an incredibly hard time getting it back.

Remember, if you lose 50%, you need to make 100% gains just to get back to where you were.

Best gains come from patient intelligent trades. Read Mastering The Trade by John Carter.

>Remember, if you lose 50%, you need to make 100% gains just to get back to where you were.

learn this image user

I get what you're saying, and I'll probably adopt that mindset once I gain a bit more capital. If I can consistently make 50-100€ a day by using smaller amounts of money and lesser risk, I will definitely do that. When I started out though, if I were to trade with 5-10% of 0,8 btc It'd have taken a lot more effort just to get to where I am now, and I went in with the mindset that "meh, 1000€ isn't really all that much in the long scheme of things, if I lose it I lose it".

Could I ask about how much your trading capital is by comparison? Or do you make a ton of trades every day with smaller amounts?

Thanks for the book recommendation by the way, I'll check it out.

If this doesn't contain a virus, thanks a lot, I will now try downloading it

This.

Don't make stupid trades and if you get yourself into a bad position, remember that these coins are volatile and there is a good chance you can recover or get out with acceptable losses.

So far so good, for anyone else interested in a bunch of textbooks.

seekingalpha.com is the best website there is for learning.
lots of fresh articles and analysis, every day, many honest commentators who will answer your questions, all for free.

once you have that information, what do you do with it?